“Quick trip”

Candlewood Suites Norfolk Airport
Ranked #20 of 37 Hotels in Norfolk
Reviewed 27 May 2013

My fiance, a friend of ours and myself had a quick weekend trip May 17th-19th. When we arrived to the hotel the service was very friendly. When we got to our room we were expecting a sofa bed - not there. The room looked pretty clean so I did my search of the bathroom and looked at the sheets everything clean. The only thing is they consider this hotel to be an extended stay so there would be no house keeping.. which I didn't mind, but at the same time kind of bothered me. We had to ask for clean towels and such. I will say this hotel is way off the road which is nice cause it is quiet!!!!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 10 May 2013

I needed a quick stay at the airport in Norfolk and booked at the Candlewood Suites. The experience was amazing form beginning to start. I was greeted by a great front end staff, excellent accommodations and terrific price. Laundry facilities, Gym and common areas were excellent. I even had a smoking room that did NOT smell like a smoking room. Definitely the place to stay in Norfolk!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Terrence S
Reviewed 7 May 2013

This was first time stay at Candlewood. I had reserved online over a month and a half earlier for king one bedroom smoking suite. There were only two of us, but we prefer the added room so we're not "on top" of each other when getting ready, or if one of us wants to nap while the other is up with tv, etc. not to mention we were meeting some friends there and it would have giving us a place to sit without being on the beds, etc. When I checked in at a little after 3:00 the lobby was packed but expected right at check in time. I was informed that they did not have the room I reserved, glitch in the system. My best friend is the sales rep for another property chain where I live, and that was not the case. I believe they simply gave my room away due to the number of guests. After some time waiting for them to get a room ready for us I was in turn given a room with two double beds. No separate living area. I guess this is a studio. Still had the full kitchen which is nice but the room was on the small side. The room apparently was "cleaned" on the fly because there was trash on the floor near the bed, (couple of water bottle tops and some cigarette cellophane) the bathroom floor was "sticky", the ice maker didn't work, the toilet took forever to fill up with water so it could be flushed and when you did flush it, it sounded like a fog horn on a tug boat accompanied by a very loud screeching sound. There was also apparently a dog kennel near by to which we had to turn on the microwave fan to drown out the sound of barking dogs. I will say that the staff was very kind and helpful and any bad experience was certainly not the fault of them. I was given $20 off the original cost of the room and $5 cupboard credit, which I never used. Overall the stay was pleasant enough, but I more than likely will not return to this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank islandlife47
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Norfolk Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2013

Dear islandlife47,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. I am pleased to know that you find our staff wonderful. Our staff members are truly the heart of the hotel and I am glad it's being appreciated by our guests. Our goal is to ensure that all our clients leave satisfied and we try our best to fulfill all our guest requests. I apologize for the shortfalls during your recent stay with us. We constantly strive to provide an environment of comfort and value to our guests, therefore, we are sincerely concerned when we fall short of your expectations. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests.

Again, thank you for staying with us and taking the time to give feedback.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 4 May 2013

We enjoyed our stay here because we were able to relax and have many amenities, such as a kitchen, lobby shop, newspaper daily, nearby eateries and shops, as well as laundry facilities where we could refresh our clothes after a week on the road. It was a convenient location for touring Norfolk and it was all in all a lovely hotel with a good staff and well-maintained facilities. I would highly recommend it and would definitely come back!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank valbill071
Reviewed 30 April 2013

If you ever need a place for an extended stay, such as around two weeks, this is the place to choose. The accommodations were very nice and clean with even dishes being provided, as well as a stove and microwave with a popcorn packet enclosed to make a guest feel welcome.

My husband and I needed to place his sister in a transitional living situation until the apartment she planned to move into became available. We were pleased with all staff, especially the assistant general manager, Dru A. Tripathi!! He could not have been more accommodating. He worked with us to be sure that our sister was comfortable, which was very helpful to her and put our minds at ease.

I cannot say enough good things about this place and about the staff who were all very courteous and helpful!

Room Tip: I cannot think of any right now. Do pay attention to the size of the closet if you wish to stay lon...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Elsie C, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Norfolk Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2013

Thank you so much for the wonderful review regarding Candlewood Suites Norfolk Airport. We appreciate you taking the time to leave us such an outstanding compliment.
We are pleased to recieve such great praise and acknowledgement. The staff at Candlewood Suites Norfolk Airport feely truly honored that a guest such as yourself was able to recognize their everyday efforts to enure great customer service.
Thank you once again for such a delightful comment. We hope that you will continue to use IHG for your future stays.

Elsie Cabrera

Reviewed 17 April 2013

This hotel was relatively nice considering the value. It was a nice sized cozy studio style room, nice, neat and clean. Nothing spectacular about it but I didn't really expect so much for such a good price. I loved that it had a regular sized refrigerator and lots of counter space. Also the location was perfect; close to the malls, shopping centers and Walmart and Farm Fresh right down the street was a great convenience. The one problem I had with my stay was the ice maker in the refrigerator was not producing ice. The staff offered us another room but at that point we had already settled into our room and did not want to change. I would say overall my stay was pleasant.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Elsie C, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Norfolk Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2013

I am Elsie Cabrera the General Manager for Candlewood Suites Norfolk Airport. I am delighted and surprising experience during your recent stay with us. Our Suites speak for themselves. It is good to know that the staff did their best to accommodate you.
We hope that the next time you are traveling if not in our area but somewhere different you will continue to look towards Candlewood Suites as a great place to stay.

Reviewed 25 March 2013 via mobile

I love staying at the Candlewood! This place is by far the best in Norfolk, Va. The rooms are flawless, and very professional staff. Ask for Dru!! He is a very professional employee, who is dedicated to his job. His loyal devotion to his work reflects great credit upon himself and keeps with the highest tradition of IHG properties. The hotel has a fully sized kitchen, free laundry and a gas grill in the back. Higly recommended .

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank Daunte C
Elsie C, Manager at Candlewood Suites Norfolk Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2013

Hello,

Your review brings great joy to all the staff at the Candlewood Suites Norfolk Airport. We want nothing but to give our best to our guests. And it seems that you had a wonderful stay with us.

We hope that the next time you find yourself in the Hampton Roads area you will consider staying with the Candlewood Suites Norfolk Airport.

Elsie Cabrera