“Exceeded my expectation”

Ranked #8 of 37 Hotels in Norfolk
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Exceeded my expectation”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

I had a very challenging day until I stepped foot into your lobby. I was greeted with a smile and the staff empathized with the day I was having, which was a very long day. Not only would I come back, but I will share my great experience I had. Steven went above and beyond when it came to customer service. I truly do appreciate the hassle-free check-in and your great customer service.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Chad M, General Manager at Best Western Plus Holiday Sands Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Thank you for letting me know about your stay. I am glad to hear that one of my staff members helped to brighten your day. The entire staff here takes pride in making our guests feel welcome and at home.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
newark, United States
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Wonderful hotel.Staff very friendly and helpful.Footsteps from beach.Very clean pool and patio area.Breakfast was very good and hot,Staff was right there keeping area clean and fresh.Yhe only weak part was the sausage gravy/biscuits not as flavorful and we would of liked but still not bad. Loved the kitchen being stocked with all you need to prepare a meal and clean up.Will stay here again if in the area

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

We are delighted to hear that you had a great stay with us. We are glad that you liked our breakfast and think our breakfast staff did a great job of keeping things stocked. Our sausage gravy is a little more on the milder side to try to appeal to a wide range of tastes.
virginia beach, va
Reviewed 8 June 2014

So, I live in Virginia Beach, Norfolk's next door neighbor and I know all about the hundreds of hotels at the ocean front. But my firnd and I were looking something different, a room on the bay. We like the bay (Chesapeake Bay) better than the ocean. It's so much more swimmable and so much less crowded. So we found the best Western bayfront property online and deciced to give it a try for our 'Staycation.' We arrived early with plans to just park the car in the lot and go to the beach until the room was ready - well, it was early, and it was ready! Bonus! Tiffany checked us in and gave us lots of info about the area - especially where we could eat dinner -- Franco's - fantasitco! Thanks, Tiffany! We had a bayfront room and it was lovely -- a nice balcony on the bay. There was even a microwave and mini fridge if you wanted to save some bucks on meals -- perfect for a family, I'd say. I have pictures of the view to share, it was just terrific. The pool was really nice and clean, the hotel has a guest laundry room, a gym, and breakfast provided. What a breakfast, you name and it was there - from fruit to make your own waffles, cheeses omelets, biscuits, sausage, cereals, yogurts, toast and bagels -- literally everything! And 2 really nice ladies running the show. I had some key problems (left both in room and took rewards card -- duh! Note to self, rewards card will not open door!) Anyway, that's how i met Joe and Tamesha at the front desk -- again, super nice, very helpful! The folks at bet Western have themselves a real sweet deal with the staff at that property! We will definitely be going back for another stay -- th ebeach is just a few steps out the door and it is as close to having a privcate beach as you can get. A completely delightful stay. I very highlt recommend this best Western!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends

2 Thank vabchtraveler
Thank you for writing and letting me know about your stay with us. We are a great place for a "Staycation", in fact we have lots of Virginia Beach residents come here so they can relax on the beach and be away from the hustle and bustle of the crowded Virginia Beach Oceanfront. I am also glad to hear that my staff took great care of you and made your stay even more enjoyable.
Keeling
Reviewed 5 June 2014

We just returned from spending two nights at this hotel. We had a fabulous time. Upon arrival, the staff called me by name even though it had been over a year since we had been there. Temesha made sure that we had a room with a great view of the Chesapeake Bay. The check-in experience was hassle-free as was the check-out experience. For my husband and me, this was like coming back home. The deck was beautiful, the pool was pristine, and everyone at this hotel made us feel welcomed and important. We can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: Get a room in the Tower section that has a private balcony. Stay on floors 2-5 for the best view.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Thanks for sharing your experience with us. I am glad to hear that you had yet such another wonderful time here. My staff does a great job of making our guests feel like they are family and welcome. I hope that we will continue to stay with us, and that we continue to make you feel as special each and every time.
Muskogee, United States
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I lived near the area of this hotel in the 70's & this was not one of the better areas to be around. I selected this hotel based on convenience to family location, but was concerned on what I may be getting. I was very pleasantly surprised on the quality on this hotel & how well the area in general has been improved from what I remember. The staff could not of been better & rate right up there with some of the top rated hotels I've stayed in. We will definitely be using this hotel again when visiting family in Norfolk.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

I am glad to hear you decided to gave us a try and liked your experience. The area itself has improved immensely over the past several years, and my staff take great pride in making sure the rooms and property are well maintained. They also take pride in taking care of our guests and making sure they are treated like family and have a wonderful experience while staying with us.
Stradbroke, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 June 2014

lovely room with view over beach and magnificent sunrise. shame the room is dull and dark and not respresentative of sea location. great staff on reception. area a bit grim, nothing in walking distance for good food or drinks.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for letting us know how your stay was. From our bay view rooms the view of the sunrise are incredible...but also from our patio as well if you do not have a room with a bay view. We are in the beginning phases of a 36 month renovation with will include exterior and interior painting, new furnishings, an expanded breakfast room, and many other exciting changes. Because we are in a more residential area, there are not many restaurants within walking distance, but there are several really great restaurants within a 5 mile radius from us...most within a very short 5 minute drive.
Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

Our first night at the hotel the toilet was plugged. We could not get the toilet unplugged so they upgraded our room. The employees were very apologetic after the toilet incident and they did everything they could to make her stay pleasant. From that point on we enjoyed our time at the hotel.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Gary D
Chad M, General Manager at Best Western Plus Holiday Sands Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
I am sorry to hear that you had some issues your first night staying with us, but glad to hear that my staff took care of the problem and made the rest of your stay enjoyable. I hope if you are in the area, that you will come stay with us again.