“Great location”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Williamstown, Kentucky
“Great location”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

The location was right on the beach.The staff was wonderful and friendly and the pool was large and clean. The breakfast had hot items and had a nice variety. There was a nice fountain outside. It was nice overall.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank sksharris
Chad M, General Manager at Best Western Plus Holiday Sands Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Thank you for your opinion on the property, I am very delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I have a great staff, as you mentioned that tries their bust to make our guests feel welcome and invited, and as you can tell, or breakfast staff loves making sure that there is a good variety of both hot and cold items to choose from, but also plenty of it so no one leaves hungry.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
Clayton, United States
Reviewed 18 August 2014

We've stayed at this hotel numerous times and were always very satisfied. This last time we checked in at 2:30pm and went out for the evening. When we returned at 9pm we found out that the TV reception was terribly snowy and could hardly see what was on. I called the front desk & was told that maintenance was gone and the problem would have to wait till the morning. No TV for us that night! By morning we were checking out.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

First I would like to thank you for your numerous stays with us, we really appreciate our loyal guest who have found a second home with us while traveling in the area. I am sorry to hear that you did not have as enjoyable stay with us this time that you usually do. I looked into your situation and it was actually not a problem our maintenance staff was able to fix, we had to have our cable provider come out, troubleshoot and repair the issue.
Westminster, MD, United States
Reviewed 17 August 2014

We had an amazing time. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I was especially happy with the housekeeper. She was so kind and gracious to us. The rooms were clean. The hotel sits right on the beach. What's not to love?! I was here two years ago as well and will be coming back again and again!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

On behalf of myself and my entire staff, we would like to say thank you for choosing us for your vacation stay. I am glad to hear that you have a great experience with us, and that my staff took great care of you. Hopefully if you are in the area again you will choose us for your lodging needs.
Midlothian, United States
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Not bad. Older hotel. Musty, damp feeling. Staff is super, wonderful customer service. What can I say? You get what you pay for. Cheaper than VA Beach hotels. Beach is lovely, water is smooth and clean. Decent pool. Just don't expect a Marriott or even Hampton Inn if you are used to traveling on business. I had nowhere to plug in cell phones and lap top. I did like the fact the were pet friendly. We took our Maltese and did not have to pay huge deposits and fees.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for taking time to let us know about your stay with us. I am glad to hear that my staff took great care of you, but disappointed to hear that we did not exceed your expectations. We are currently in the late beginning phases of a 36 month renovation project so hopefully the next time you stay with us you will notice major upgrades and improvements. Also we have put new procedures in place to eliminate the musty smell that sometimes happens when a room is unused for a couple days and their is no air circulation.
Harleysville
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Probably worst place I have ever stayed. Smelled terrible. I can't believe I paid $179 for a disgusting room. Breakfast was terrible and eating area dirty. Had to park in lot over. View from back patio was nice. I actually contemplated sleeping in my car.

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Spalde
I am sorry to hear that you had a less then enjoyable stay with us, it is definitely not what I like to hear coming from one of my guests. We strive our very best to try and make a guest's stay as enjoyable as possible. Your opinion is very valuable to me to help is know where we are lacking and need improvement, so if you would like, contact me and let me know where we did not meet and exceed your expectations. Your opinion will not only help me to exceed your expectations for next time, but also other guests as well.
Old Bridge, New Jersey
Reviewed 10 August 2014

My son and I visited Norfolk from July 27 to August 8, 2014. Bed bugs!!! My son and i have bad rash. I filled out an incident report and never got a copy of it. When I questioned front desk rep Tamisha about it she said they never had this problem before but i went online to reportbedbugs.com site and found that it was reported way back in November of 2013 by another family and the same front desk rep was handling the problem. On top of that issue there were roaches, the room is dirty, the hotel stuff dong vacuum, floors are sticky and disgusting. Stove was broken, microwave is most likely 20-30years old. Interned kept freezing. Sun deck had reclining cots and tables but no umbrellas on tables to hide from the sun. And the worst I was asked to not go online and report bed bugs after they reimbursed two nights following my complaint about bed bugs. I was never given a receipt of the payment winch i was told i would get on my e mail and never given a copy of incident report that i filled out. When i came home i called the front desk to remind them about the e mail with the receipt and guess what the same front desk rep. Told me i was a lier and she gave it to me. Shame on you Best Western for not taking care of the problem and trying to bribe guests with two out of 12 nights reimbursement for keeping their mouth shut! Bed bugs is a big issue and you have to take care of it people come there to relax, for vacations and my son and i left the hotel with a terrible rash from bed bugs bites!

Room Tip: No room is good its all old and outdated with ancient appliances and smelly carpet
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
I would like to first start by apologizing for the bad experience that you had while staying with us. Unfortunately bed bugs is a known problem all over the country at any hotel and other venues no mater where they are located, cost of rooms, cleanliness, etc. In an effort to give our guests the best service possible we take any and every claim of bed bugs very serious. Anytime a guests even thinks that they see a bed bug, we immediate close down the room and contact our pest control contractor, Orkin (a top rated national pest control service), to come out and inspect the room from top to bottom and treat it if needed.
Roselle, New Jersey
Reviewed 9 August 2014

The location is lovely. I love Ocean View in Norfolk. BE SURE to ASK for a room where there have been NO PETS allowed. I had a horrible experience with fleas in the room, am still scratching from the many bites. I did change rooms, but left early. The manager did meet with me @ my request and gave me credit for some of my stay.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Chad M, General Manager at Best Western Plus Holiday Sands Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 1 September 2014
Thank you for taking a few minutes and letting us know how your stay went. I would like to offer my deepest apologies that we were not able to exceed your expectations while you were here with us. Our cleaning and maintenance staff does they best to make sure incidents like this do not happen. We brought in our pest control contactor (Orkin) to correct the situation and discussed ways to prevent this from happening in the future.