“Terrific”

Quenna's Raw & Vegan
Price range: US$5 - US$18
Cuisines: International, Healthy
Dining options: Reservations
Description: 100% Raw-Vegan/Vegetarian Menu (Appetizers, Sandwiches, Main Course, Salads, Desserts and Juice Bar). We are located in the "West Ocean View" section in Norfolk, Virginia. You can eat-in, take out and we cater for special function.
Reviewed 22 October 2012

I loved this restaurant. I am always looking for places that are healthy and reasonably priced. Quenna's more than met my needs. I ordered the Tofu Vegetable pocket and received a sandwich chock full of veggies, including broccoli and beets. The portion was so large, I was able to package up half for lunch the next day. The staff were friendly and helpful, and the fresh fruit smoothie was delicious.

1  Thank LynnSC8

Reviewed 17 October 2012

A friend has been raving about Quenna's for a few months now so I was happy to finally get the opportunity to dine there. It was VERY easy to find (If you are spacially challenged and many of us are, then google the address! Voila! ).... Upon walking into the tastefully swanky and ecclectic room you get an immediate feeling of welcome not only from the relaxing vibe of the room, but especially from the genuinely friendly staff as well. It is a casual experience as you order your food from the counter whether you are dining-in or doing carry-out! You can choose to sit in the comfy 'lounge' area just inside of the door to view the menu before going to the counter to order, or if you're dining-in, choose your table and view the menu before going to the counter to order. I ordered the Olemax entree and was very pleased! My nigori wrap was delicious and fresh, and it's bed of greens, tomatoes, cucumber, shredded carrots and beets were equally as enticing with the sesame dressing and exotic 'tomato sauce' (it's name did not do the flavors justice as it was much more exotic than a plain t. sauce. We could not figure out the seasonings, but it was delish!) The seasoned avacado was fantastic, and obviously very fresh! I find that it is not usual that anything made from avacado is reliably delicious, but I thoroughly enjoyed Quenna's seasonings! All four of us at our table raved about our selections and all four got more than an ample amount of food. I can eat a large meal and I could almost finish all of my meal. Another plus about the atmosphere was the fantastic sound system that pipes incredibly relaxing and upbeat music. Thank you Quenna and staff for a refreshing dining experience that was incredibly healthy and relaxing, as well ! We will be back!

1  Thank voltyvee
Reviewed 5 October 2012

Vegan Raw restaurant right at the beach. I was impressed at the incredible bursts of flavour. EVERYTHING is made fresh - if your dish has avocado in it, it seems you get the entire avocado - no pre-made guacamole that they scoop out sparingly. FRESH is the best descriptor. Plan to be patient because fresh takes time. The staff is definitely NOT in a hurry - they are food artists and art cannot be rushed. Their actions are very thoughtful...almost zen-like. When you bite into your food, you can feel and taste all the love and attention put into it. Trust me, it may take a while to get, but it is oh-so-worth it.

Their drinks are blended whole-fruit. Yes, it may cost $4.50 for a drink (if you want something besides the water they automatically bring you), but you are getting several servings of whole fruit in that glass...and it is so smooth and heavenly. I can see going back JUST for the fruit drinks!

Reviewed 12 July 2012

Although I currently live in Norfolk, I am an LA native accustomed to amazing, top-quality raw/vegan restaurants. This. Place. Is. Amazing. Absolutely delicious food, friendly service, and a lovely atmosphere. I had dinner here with my husband and in-laws. Everyone was impressed (vegans and non-vegans alike). We split a seaweed/bulgar wheat appetizer, which was perfectly spiced. I could have eaten a whole plate! For my entree I ordered a cashew paste lettuce wrap, which I very highly recommend. The flavors are unique, the ingredients are high quality, and to top it off, it's healthy! I recommend Quenna's to vegans and non-vegans alike. You will not be disappointed! Keep in mind, this is a SMALL place, with limited tables, so if you have a large party I suggest calling in advance. I've also heard there is a wait at lunchtime, so plan accordingly.

Reviewed 28 February 2012

A few days ago, I discovered this restaurant while on a late afternoon walk. I hoped to pop in for a quick snack. Alas, it was closed until dinner time. However, a man sitting on a nearby bench saw me looking at the sign on the door. He told me the food was some of the best in Norfolk and that I ought to return when the restaurant was open. I did so at lunchtime the following day. I’m glad I did.

The food at Quenna’s is freshly prepared and delicious. The medley of bright colors on each plate is visually enticing. My main dish was pita stuffed with avocados. Yum! The salad that accompanied it was served without any dressing, which allowed all the very fresh flavors of the many vegetables to shine.

Service is relaxed and friendly. The restaurant is meticulously clean. Portions are generous; one entree will feed two people.

I enjoyed everything so much that I kidnapped the rest of my family – dedicated carnivores all - and took them here for dinner tonight. They were all delightfully surprised – and proclaimed every dish a complete success. We finished our meal by sharing a Pineapple ‘N Split, which combines the flavors of pineapple, banana, cherries, and nuts. One order was plenty large enough for four people. We were in heaven. It was one of the most scrumptious desserts we’ve ever eaten.