“Average at best . . .”
Review of d'egg diner

d'egg diner
Ranked #11 of 732 Restaurants in Norfolk
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: The top breakfast destination in Downtown Norfolk since 2003. Early weekday dining specials and ABC available. All fresh juices and a juice bar.
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Maybe it was a bad day on my first visit here, those things happen. I had the crab benedict and it just wasn't that tasty at all. Crab meat certainly wasn't fresh, one egg was horribly over cooked with no runny yoke at all but the other yoke was cooked perfectly. The hollandaise sauce was incredibly thick and rich (not necessarily in a good way), hash browns were good, just without flavor. Reasonably priced? I guess so, total bill was $16 bucks for the dish/coffee and side of bacon. It's your college town diner with good quick service.

Maybe just a bad day, let's go with that!

Reviewed 28 December 2013 via mobile

I have visited twice, once with coworkers once with family.

Typical diner food, atmosphere and service if that is what you are looking for.

I would say the downtown location has better everything than the other location.

Reviewed 26 December 2013

Butter everywhere and on everything--inside and outside the biscuits, top of and in the grits. The bacon was chewy not crisp; the eggs were cold.....you get the idea. People were nice but honestly--when it comes to breakfast, tough to replace decent food with personality.

Reviewed 21 December 2013

Unique fruit mimosas and really great breakfast food in a charming traditional diner. The place was packed when we went, so we ate at the counter. All of the wait staff was very kind and quick to get our food out to us.

We will be very happy to patron them again!

Reviewed 20 December 2013

I would not hesitate to eat here again. However, I was not overwhelmed. My eggs were cooked to order. Sausage was a little overcooked, Coffee was refilled regularly. My fellow dinners has a sausage omelet, sausage gravy with biscuits, and eggs benedict. The grits were done well. The hash browns which I had were simply shredded potatoes you can buy in the freezer section of the grocery store. This is the "place to be" in Norfolk's morning crowd. Simply, I was not wowed.