“Large inexpensive rooms”

Holiday Inn Norfolk Airport
Ranked #15 of 37 Hotels in Norfolk
Reviewed 9 April 2012

We booked a king suite and a 2 double suite for one night. The rooms were large and inexpensive. The carpets were badly stained and furniture was worn, but the rooms were clean and comfortable. Beds were comfortable. Front desk service was friendly and helpful. Breakfast buffet was nice. Rooms were fairly noisy from air traffic in/out of Norfolk Airport, but air traffic was relatively low between 10pm and 6am. Hotel was easy to find from the airport.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
SHSCSGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Norfolk Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2012

Dear Traveler,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. In your review we noticed that you mentioned some items that need attention. We hope that you will once again travel to the area and stay with us so that you can enjoy our renovation that is currently taking place and should be completed in late spring. We take great pride in servicing our guest and making sure their time with us is enjoyable, we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 5 April 2012

With close proximity to ORF, the property caters to those who need the use of the airport most. While the setting is urban and nondescript, it is directly across the street from the Hilton. All the amenities one might need during a stay are close, familiar restaurants and department stores are minutes away.
I found the property to be very clean and presentable; in spite of the bar area construction. Our room was recently updated and was pleasing with clean modern lines.
The floor plan of the room was well thought out and certainly not your typical. The property offered all the amenities a business traveler needs and everything a family on a budget wants: free Wi-Fi, computers in the lobby, fitness center, and free transportation w/in a 5 mile radius, pool, hot-tub, minutes to the airport, and free daily USA Today newspaper at your door.
All of the employees made us feel welcomed and as cared for as if we were staying in a Norfolk B & B! Caesar picked us up from the airport and was courteous and professional. He gave us the lay of the land and made a great ambassador for this Holiday Inn. Tameka at the front desk was equally professional yet we felt ‘hugged’ by her pleasant personality and warm smile.
This Holiday Inn is a great value and I highly recommend choosing this property if it suits your needs.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Neilly R

Dear Traveler,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel! we take great pride in servicing each and every guest not only with our amentites and hotel but with our people. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and hopefully look forward to seeing you again in the future. I will make sure this review is shared with the associates mentioned that helped impact your stay. Again thank you and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 29 March 2012

So close, you can practically see the pilot flying the planes! We stayed here for a wedding, and drove to the hotel. I hadn't realized how close we were to the airport till I started seeing Southwest planes taking off - it felt like we were right next to the runway.

The hotel itself is nice; there is a very large lobby with lots of seating, the staff was pleasant, and our room was clean. The carpeting looked pretty worn, and had some noticeable stains, but the bed was comfortable. All we wanted was a good nights sleep, and other than the occasional airplane noise, we did get that!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank dohligee

Dear Traveler,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property on Trip Advisor. We are glad that you enjoyed your time with us and chose us as your hotel. We hope to see you again in your travels and please come back to enjoy our renovated hotel once it is complete this Spring ! Safe travels!

Reviewed 18 March 2012

Ok, this hotel is the last straw for Holiday Inn for me. First, I had to wait a half hour at the airport after calling and saw the other hotels in the area pick up their people in a timely fashion. Next I get to the hotel and the outside and lobby looks nice. I get to my king size jacuzzi room and that impression from the front was gone. The room was 20-30 years out of date and smelled TERRIBLE! After seeing some bugs flying around and the smell giving me a headache, I went next door to the residence inn and reserved one if their rooms for the rest of the week. I even tried another room and, well at least it had an updated TV, but the style was the same and it still stunk, just not as bad. Bad experience all around and would advise avoiding entirely! Oh, it didn't help the ambiance when a couple of patrol cars pulled up and were on their way to arrest a prostitilute at the hotel. That may not have been the hotels fault, but I've never seen that happen at any hotel I've stayed at before...

• Stayed: March 2012
SHSCSGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Norfolk Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2012

Dear Traveler,

Thank you for taking the time to write a response. We apologize that you have had a less then excellent stay here with us at Holiday Inn Norfolk Airport. We take all guest concerns extremely seriously and are currently looking into all aspects of the stay that you had. If you would kindly contact one of the management staff at the hotel we would like to discuss your concerns more in depth and win you back as Holiday Inn Norfolk Airport guest. Thank you.

Reviewed 6 February 2012

Okay, let me simply say that the only inconveniences I could find on this stay were that my coffee pot was broken and the towel rack over the toilet was missing two of it's four bars (I could care less about the towel rack but I DO like a cup of coffee in the morning). The rooms are always clean and the staff helpful. Nice flat screens are in all of the rooms and the beds are quite comfortable.

I prefer to stay in this hotel the night before flying out of Norfolk Airport.

Room Tip: My preference is rooms away from the elevator
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank robert c
SHSCSGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Norfolk Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2012

Dear Traveler,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on the Holiday Inn Norfolk Airport. We are happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are also sorry to see the slight issues that you you had during your stay and will definitely use this as a training tool to repair the issues at hand. As you may have noticed during your stay the hotel is going through some changes which we are all excited about here at the property. We hope to see you again in the future so you can enjoy our new and exciting changes this year! Thank you again.

Reviewed 8 January 2012

This was by far the nicest Holiday Inn I have stayed at yet. I travel almost every week and stay at lots of different hotels. All Holiday Inns could learn from this one. My stay is paid for by my company and we are not always treated the same as other guests because of our reduced rate however this Holiday Inn treated me like I was a special guest the whole time. The staff was awesome, especially Lauren, the waitress in the restaurant. She remembered what I ordered and had it in the works before I got seated. I have no complaints whatsoever about this place. If I am back in the area I will stay there again with no hesitation. Fabulous!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank sat1922
SHSCSGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Norfolk Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for reviewing Holiday inn Norfolk Airport. We are delighted that you enjoyed your time with us on your travels. We take great pride in our customer service and hotel and enjoy having guests enjoy the time they are with us at the hotel. We share all reviews with our staff, we will let Lauren know how much you enjoyed her service. We are striving to be the Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you when you are the Norfolk area next time!

Reviewed 6 January 2012

The hotel was great. Got there about noon and they let us in the room right away. They had a FREE shuttle so we took advantage of it to go out to eat for dinner. The next day we took the shuttle to the airport. The staff was wonderful and the room was really nice. They have a really good breakfast buffet also (my son got his breakfast free because he is in the Navy). I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Cindy C

Dear Traveler,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about Holiday Inn Norfolk Airport. We are so delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us during your time in Norfolk. We take great pride in our guest experience and customer service. We are pleased to see the positive. Please come back and see us again in the future and again thank you for the kind words and positive feedback.