“Fun time”

Holiday Inn Norfolk Airport
Ranked #14 of 37 Hotels in Norfolk
Reviewed 26 July 2012

Good Spacious rooms, Micro and Frig, quiet and roomy. The out door pool is so large it is almost like three pools connected. Be sure to try a Greenwich pizza from the BLU, we were pleasantly suprised it was delicious. Great location to go to VA Beach Amplitheater Show. Also very refreshing to have staff that can actually speak English. Everyone helpful and friendly. Very likely we will stay again. Only one draw back on our visit, everytime a cloud went over satellite TV went out. They just need to tweek their antenna alignment.

Room Tip: The quietest rooms are pool side
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank r j

Reviewed 4 July 2012

I had gotten into a car accident as I was traveling through Virginia Beach/Norfolk area. With the help of family, They contacted Milton, who was working the desk, and said they could pick me up from the site of my accident (car not drivable). I figured I would be able to use my intercontinental points, as I did not have much money on me, and trying to keep my spending down. While Milton was very nice, while I was checking in, I asked if I could have used my hotel points for a room. He simply said "you'll have to call reservations", and checked me in with my credit card. He also told me "breakfast starts at 6 and ends at 10". When I got the bill, I was charged the rack rate $149.00 for the room, plus $20 in taxes. Not exactly what I wanted to pay for just a place to get some rest and a shower. Furthermore, when I went downstairs the next morning to get breakfast, I was told that if I didn't have a coupon, I would have to pay for breakfast. I was a bit flabbergasted that the price of the room did not include breakfast, as were two other people that had also assumed breakfast was included in the price of the room.

When looking at the Holiday Inn website, rooms with breakfast are coming up at $124, and regular room rate is coming up at $111.00

I then realized that I was at a Holiday Inn..not a Holiday Inn Express. I would have been better at a cheaper hotel and calling for a taxi.

Milton sounded great on the phone, and he knew my situation of having a car accident on Sunday night with no way to get around. When it came to the money from the hotel, he didn't try to get me any discount or help me in any way other than to get me to the hotel, then gouge me for all it was worth. Poor customer service overall.

Next time..I'm staying at Hampton Inn.

Room Tip: Look at Hampton Inn around the corner on USAA drive..at least they include breakfast in the price.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Maxx2004
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Norfolk Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2012

Dear Maxx2004,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry about the hotel location confusion and for the poor customer service. I do apologize and regret that this impacted your experience at our hotel. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 24 June 2012

My family held a birthday party here this past weekend. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone looking to plan a gathering. The rooms are clean, the banquet facilities are lovely and the pool a nice bonus. Manager M. Parker and the other managers on duty along with their staff, did a wonderful job of hosting our event. From making sure our room needs were met to preparing the banquet dinner and breakfast. We thank everyone involved from the courteous shuttle driver to the wonderful wait staff for making this an enjoyable experience for our family of 50 plus members.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank BrownNorfolk
Management response:Responded 26 June 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your great review! We appreciate your kind words and are thrilled that we could make your events memorable ones here at Holiday Inn. We hope you come back again in the future for more events so we can be a part of those as well. This review will be shared with the staff. See you at the next event!

Reviewed 24 June 2012

The staff was extremely friendly. I stayed in a jacuzzi suite for one night on the way to my final vacation destination. The room had a damp, cigarette smoke smell to it. The room also did not seem to be very clean.

Room Tip: The 4th floor smelled smokey and felt damp.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 26 June 2012

Dear Traveler,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor. we appreciate the feedback. We were sorry to read that the room and 4th floor did not meet your expectations. We will look into the issues you mentioned and make sure to correct them. We pride ourselves in having a great staff and great building and hope that you will join us again in the future. Again thank you and we hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 30 May 2012

We recently had a conference at this hotel. We had 150+ room nights (over three days) and utilized their meeting rooms, shuttle service, restaurant, lobby bar and catering/banquet services. This hotel exceeded our expectations. The rooms were well appointed and clean. The shuttle service was very punctual and flexible- offering airport and pickups at custom times- not just on a standardized schedule. Catering ran smoothy- providing an exceptional product at a competitive price. Restaurant food was exceptional- far superior to your typical hotel fare. Entire staff bent over backwards to make sure all our needs were met- and did it all with a smile. We will utilize the hotel for future room needs as well as look for opportunities to host meetings there in the future.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank Kyle T
SHSCSGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Norfolk Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2012

Dear Guest.

Thank you for the kind words. The staff is delighted that we reached all of your expectations during your stay with us as it is our main goal and focus here at Holiday Inn Norfolk Airport. We look forward to seeing you again in the future and hosting more events for you as well. Safe travels and see you again soon!

Reviewed 29 May 2012

My family stayed at this Holiday Inn from May 25th through May 28th. It was wonderful. the grounds were very well kept, the staff extremely polite and courteous. Our room was immaculate and the breakfast delicious. We were at this hotel for a 3 day wrestling tournament and were concerned about our son getting a good night sleep every night. The room was quiet and the beds very comfortable. Our room was cleaned perfectly every morning. I will definitely be staying at this hotel again next year and would highly recommend it to family and friends!

Room Tip: Ask for one of the updated rooms
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Stacey K

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! We are happy to see that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again for the next tournament and bring more with you! We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed 29 May 2012

I stayed here for one night with my husband for a concert nearby. The room was large but the bathroom was outdated and they only gave us one pillow each. We were put in a room right next to the outdoor vents/ac units. It was not too loud and we didn't ask to change rooms but the hotel seemed really empty so I don't know why they did not use another room. The lobby seemed to be the nicest thing about this hotel. It was fine for a night and for the price but nothing exceptional.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review about our hotel. We were sorry to hear that you only had an okay stay. It is our goal to have each and every guest love us during their stay so that they want to come back and join us again in the future. we will use this as a training guide to better service our guest in the future. Please contact us is there is anything else we can do for you to have you stay with us again and better impress you. Thank you!