“love it sooooooooo much”

Quality Suites at Lake Wright
Ranked #21 of 37 Hotels in Norfolk
Reviewed 6 July 2012

I love the hotel because the pool is relaxing and every morning I go down and eat at the lobby. I wish I live here......... also there's FREE wifi

Room Tip: The best thing is like floor 5
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Randy C, General Manager at Quality Suites at Lake Wright, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2012

Thank you for your comments and for staying with us. We are always glad to hear our satisfied guests. We look forwad to serving you again.

There are newer reviews for Quality Suites at Lake Wright

Reviewed 6 July 2012

Stayed at this hotel with my family for a quick trip to Virginia Beach. Hotel is about 30-40 minutes away from the beach (barring any traffic disasters). It is in a convenient, safe location. There was a good variety of hot breakfast food at the buffet. Kids loved the pool and the staff was extremely friendly.
Only minor complaint was that the hallways were a little warm. The air conditioning worked just fine in our room though!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 8 July 2012

Thanks for your comments and thanks for staying us. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed 30 June 2012

Stayed here for a special event weekend in early June. Hotel was packed. Rate of $90/night (average), seemed a bit steep to us for a Quality Inn. But location was acceptable...easy access on/from expressway, three miles from one of our special events, 15 minutes from VB boardwalk where we enjoyed the annual Boardwalk Art Show and Festival and lodging at VB oceanfront was "off the charts". The Quality Inn and the Sleep Inn are connected. Appealing from outside...located in front of a golf course. Check in was smooth. Free wireless was appreciated. The lobby was very open and airy. The windows in the lobby area open up to the appealing indoor/outdoor pool area, which we didn't get a chance to use. Pet friendly hotel and a bit pet smelly in the hallways. When opened door of two room suite guest room, there was a whiff of cigarette smoke in the air. Called front desk to request another deodorizing. Sleeper sofa in 'living room of guest room', refrig, microwave and coffee pot. Two televisions in suite. Breakfast was plentiful and much better than experiences at other lodging in this category. Although dining area is small there are many other areas to dine in the hotel (such as the outdoor pool area, or dining area of the Sleep Inn or one or more of the conference rooms that aren't in use). Comfortable beds. Air conditioning worked okay and wasn't 'too' loud. Would I stay again? If I get a better price, probably so.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 8 July 2012

Thanks for staying with us, our guests' comments are important to us and we appreciate them.
A note on pricing, it is of course relative to season and availability. We do hope to see you again.

Reviewed 11 June 2012

Stayed here as part of a bus trip tour. Very reasonable price. Good location. Everything was clean. Didn't have a chance to try out the pool. Breakfast is very good, but dining area is too small to accommodate guests. So you are directed to a very shabby and unattractive meeting room. And forget about trying to eat dinner there. The food is actually pretty good, but the service is awful. Even though the motel knew about our bus tour group, they were totally unprepared for us at dinner and breakfast. The service was so bad, that most of the bus group ate elsewhere for dinner the next night. I stayed behind, and my husband and I were the only ones there for dinner, and the service was still horrible. The bartender and waitress were watching Wheel of Fortune, and we had to wait through an entire puzzle, before the waitress turned around and noticed we were there. It's very offputting for the waitress to have her back to the entrance. The AC doesn't reach into the sitting room area of the suite. The sound of it cutting on is so loud that it wakes you up;,,,then you get too cold and turn the thermostat up, only to wake up from being too hot.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Randy C, General Manager at Quality Suites at Lake Wright, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2012

Thank you for your comments, we appreciate you taking the time to list the good and the not so good, it is how we learn. Accommodating large groups for food and beverage is difficult when your dining area is designed for 60 people at a time. Arrangements are made to seat large groups in a meeting room, I apologize that this did not work for you. The service in the restaurant however is inexcusable, regardless of the number of guest in the dining room, service is most always very good, not just OK or good but very good. I am embarrassed you had such a negative experience. Thank you again for your comments.

Reviewed 2 June 2012

Booked through Priceline, after reading the outline it sounded like a great place with a wonderful breakfast.... checked in with my two boys, got to room (non smoking) and smelled of cigs and cheap wine, decided to stick it out and not complain, went to check out their great indoor heated pool ( as they stated), only to find it was out side with a greenhouse around it and the water was 60 degrees, 10min after my kids went in there lips were blue..... got out and decided to dry off in our room, turned on bathroom light/fan and all i heard is a loud squeal..... at this point i call the desk and complain , was told to call Priceline, and was told the Mgr would reply in the same manner.... Called priceline told them of my troubles, they called hotel and I was directed to leave within 10 minutes (by the front desk) if i wanted a refund..... we did, resting comfortably now at the Hampton Inn and Suites on N.Battlefield Blvd. ( I told them of my troubles and they upgraded us to a wonderful top of the line room to make up for my crummy night)...... My kids have now had the weekend getaway I intended to have in the first place.. Thanks Hampton Inn, Quality Suites, you are far from Quality.........

Room Tip: dont stay here~
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Heidi F
Randy C, General Manager at Quality Suites at Lake Wright, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2012

We are sorry you did not find what you 'expected' at our Quality Suites. As a note we check the pool temperature daily and it is always in the low 80's. However since you declined another room and just wanted to leave, we agree to refund Priceline your room rate. The condition was that you did leave and not stay in the room so we were allowed to clean and resell the room. We are glad you found accommodations near by.

Reviewed 2 June 2012

Stayed here last week due to home repairs being done. For $90 a night (triple a discount) we got 2 queen bed suite with seperate sleeper sofa seating area and 2 older model tvs. Not bad. Course my husband couldn't say anything positive but that's just him. Rooms are clean and felt safe.
Breakfast included in stay..we were given tickets. Buffet that varied daily. One day breakfast burritos, another sausage, another bacon, and even chipped beef and toast. Make your own waffle always a hit with me not a big fan of there eggs but that's just me. Offer dinner too menu looks o.k. but I didn't go for dinner there.
Nice looking pool didn't use though. I did check out fitness room...jammed packed with equit and laundry room that was adequate. Hotel advertise HBO but no HBO when we were there. It met our needs. Hotel close to airport and highway.

Room Tip: Noisy a/c can be minamized by adjusting fan speed. Will need extra blanket for bed closest to a/c...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Randy C, General Manager at Quality Suites at Lake Wright, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2012

Thank you for staying with us, glad you enjoyed your visit. Sorry about the cable,our cable company has sorted it out. Hope to see you again.

Reviewed 19 May 2012

My husband and I stay here regularly when visiting his children who live in the area. We always stay in a suite and feel that it is a great price for the value. The hot breakfast is great and always has something that everyone will enjoy. The kids always enjoy the pool and having their own tv!

Room Tip: We liked staying on the first floor with a view of the pool. It's also convenient when you don...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank DirtySanchezMC
Tracy U, TripAdvisor Champion at Quality Suites at Lake Wright, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2012

It's always our pleasure to welcome loyal guests back to the Quality Suites at Lake Wright. There is no higher praise for us! We're glad your family enjoys the breakfast buffet and the kids have fun in the pool. We look forward to welcoming you back.