“Great stay”

Quality Suites at Lake Wright
Ranked #21 of 37 Hotels in Norfolk
Reviewed 8 July 2013

We went to visit my family in Norfolk, but didn't want to impose on them for lodging. So, we stayed at the Quality Suites. We planned on staying 2 nights, but liked it so much we stayed for 5! The suite was clean and spacious (and overlooked the golf course). The breakfast was fantastic, perhaps the best I've had at a hotel. The pool had a glass structure over it, so we didn't feel like leaving even when little summer squalls rolled over. The price (up to 6/15) was fantastic.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank jrw88888
Randy C, General Manager at Quality Suites at Lake Wright, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2013

Thank you for staying with us at Lake Wright. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and thanks for the kind words. We hope you get back to the area, we would love to see you again.

Reviewed 24 June 2013

I stayed at the Quality Suites Lake Wright this past weekend and I must say my experience turned out to be a very pleasant one. The front desk check-in went smoothly and the staff was very pleasant and helpful. The room was really nice. It was huge and very clean. The Housekeeping staff was helpful and pleasant. My hat especially goes off to the ladies who prepare the free breakfast buffet. That is not an easy job and is very hectic. In spite of that they were always nice and helpful plus the food was delicious. Not everyone can do that. Lastly, the manager needs to be commended as well because he/she really know how to run a hotel successfully. I look forward to my trip back to the Quality Suites Lake Wright.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Randy C, General Manager at Quality Suites at Lake Wright, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2013

Thank you for your staying with us and your comments. Our staff works hard to exceed our guest's expectations and it is great to hear we succeeded. We are glad you enjoyed your visit and we hope you will join us again in the future.

Reviewed 18 June 2013

We arrived at 2 AM to a confusing entry with locked doors and rerouting. The check in was accomplished quickly but it was clear that the motivation was not efficiency - she just wanted to be left alone. The non-smoking room was on a floor with smoking rooms and the hallway had very strong smoke odors. Had it not been recommended and it not been 2 AM we would have searched for another reservation - we made a mistake by not going through all of that. We were nervous about sleeping in this terribly dirty room but we didn't know half of it till we woke up next morning - first to greet us was the sun shining through the drapes that had huge moth holes in them (I hope it was moths). The floor had not been cleaned for days or weeks - stains were obvious on most of the furnishings (don't even want to know what they were!). We wasted no time sitting and planning or even eating their food - we just wanted out. The checkout clerk asked if we enjoyed our stay but didn't wait for an answer before turning her attention to someone else. I filled out an evaluation form and asked for management to call - nothing happened. After a week I called them and asked for true leadership to identify themselves - got a call from front desk manager - DO NOT STAY HERE!

Room Tip: Don't even consider a room in this place!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Bearman66

We apologize that your stay was so disappointing and I certainly understand how that feels. It is also how our staff feels, which is why our Front Office Manager removed the charges for your stay after speaking with you last week. There had been work going on in that room and it was not properly cleaned afterwards. Not your problem, but it became your problem when we failed to meet your expectations. Again, our apologies.

Reviewed 18 May 2013

booked a room here.for my kids had.guest.tht came.to visit...was told couldnt have visitors front desk manager was really rude an nasty.to us so i told my visitors to leave when my visitors left an i tried to go to the.room with me an my kids was told i couldnt stay because my visitor got rude back with her which in my opinion served her right because she.had no right.to think she can talk to us any kind of way....an further more i dont believe.i should of had.to leave.because i paid for the room an me any kids should have been allowed.to stay.i didnt have anythi ng to do with confrontation .i made them leave .that manager christy or whatever her name was had no customer.service skills wht.so ever.u do not think u can talk to people any kind of way an expect them not to say any thing back u treat people with respect.u get respect in return....i will most definitlly tell any body tht i no never ever to stay at this hotel...went to the hampton inn on hampton blvd an they.were.very nice an accomidating to me my kids an my guest....all my kids wanted.to do was get in the pool an have fun...an thanks to the hampton inn they were able to enjoy their weekend getaway....this hotel sucks....never stay here these people are rude an nasty an dont deserve.to be in customer service....

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank shykutie
Randy C, General Manager at Quality Suites at Lake Wright, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2013

We regret that you had a bad experience in our hotel. We believe it was explained very clearly that we do not allow parties in our guest rooms and that fire code prevents 15 persons in a guest room. It is unfortunate that that could not be handled without conflict. Thank you for your comments, we appreciate the feedback we get from all of our guests.

Reviewed 10 May 2013

We needed a very early shuttle to airport. We were accomodated nicely. The rooms are comfortable with three sections. We also ate at the restaurant and thought the food was very tasty and reasonably priced. I would stay there again. The room was also reasonably priced. We did not use the pool but it looked lovely.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for your comments and your visit with us. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and were able to enjoy our restaurant as well. We hope to see you again, thanks for travelling.

Reviewed 21 April 2013

Did a park and fly and our family was very happy. We have early and late arrivals and the wake up call and shuttle services we on time both times. Clean, safe, frendly staff and solid B-fast made this a great experience. We will be back!

Room Tip: Close to the lobby if you have kids.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Randy C, General Manager at Quality Suites at Lake Wright, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2013

Thank you for your comments they are greatly appreciated. It is good to know we are meeting our guests' expectations. See you again, thanks for travelling.

Reviewed 4 April 2013

Have stayed at this place multiples times now thanks to my son who is attending Virginia Wesleyan College, which is about 1/2 mile down the road, but have failed to write a review after the other visits. On this trip I was returning him back to college after Spring Break.

This visit (as well as the others) was good. I showed up at the check in area when it was a bit busy at about 5:30pm so the check in process was a wee bit slower than expected and only one clerk visible to help. Room on 2nd floor was ample size for one (or more!) person and very clean......living area with (tube) tv, sofa bed, & desk; then walk through the microwave/fridge area through the bathroom area (sink outside bathroom), then to the bedroom with another (tube) tv. Two queen beds fit OK in this room but not lots of walking room on outside side of beds. Shower provided nice stream of water; vent in the bathroom was appreciated.

While hotel is very near Route 64 and just off Northampton Blvd, there were ZERO noise problems due to car noises. The heating/ac unit was rather on the loud side when it kicked on; I used it at first to cool down the room as it seemed stuffy, then turned it up higher and the ac never kicked on again. Personally, I don't sleep well with loud units and had I needed the ac or heat running throughout the night, I think it would have been a tough sleep night. Bed was comfortable with ample pillows. Room does show a teeny bit of aging via carpet and some minor wall repair needed. Three phones in the different rooms (including the bathroom!); one between the beds was not working as the cord was frayed and needed replacing (reported this on my way out).

Fridge's tiny freezer worked well enough to keep the cold packs frozen!!! Was pleased with that! HBO tv guide was provided, but unfortunately was the March edition and I was there on April 1st. The bathroom door was super wide, causing one to have to step to the side of the toilet in order to open or close the door; it was an awkward issue and is probably the biggest 'negative' I will give my stay.

The buffet breakfast (included with the room when you stay at the Quality Suites) was super good!! Lots of choices......waffles, cereal, 2 kinds of eggs, hash browns, bacon, yogurts, fresh fruits, pastries, etc. The hotel also offers dinner meals which I did not use this visit but did on a previous visit; as I recall it was quite good.....don't let the fact that the dining area looks deserted at dinner time negate you to eat there. They need to inform guests of the evening meal's availability; had I not been at this hotel before, I never would have known they served dinner there. There is a well stocked 'shop' that offers snack foods, drinks and ice cream at the check in desk area. Many coupon books for Virginia Beach are available in the lobby. I did not use the pool.

Know that there is a $1 charge automatically put on your bill with a notation that you can have it removed upon checkout. In my opinion, while it is nice to let you know that, often it's a pain to stop at the front desk when you are ready to 'get on the road'. I would rather have preferred them to have it set up so you could add it to your stay rather than add it and take it off.

You should also know that this hotel is not super close to any restaurants or stores. All that is a very short drive away, however. All in all, I would definitely stay here again, especially as my son gets to/from VWC since it is a long way 'back home' to make the trip down and back in one day.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank cinmik89
Randy C, General Manager at Quality Suites at Lake Wright, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2013

Thank you so much for your comments. We do pay attention and learn from our guests what we can do better. We appreciate that you have been a long time guest and hope to see you again. Thanks again for the comments and visiting with us.