“Something for Everyone at a Reasonable Price”

Hibachi Grill and Supreme Buffet
Ranked #178 of 730 Restaurants in Norfolk
Cuisines: Asian
Description: New to Norfolk
Description: New to Norfolk
Reviewed 6 October 2013

This restaurant was recommended by the staff at our time-share, we were visiting VA Beach for the week. It turned out to be good food for a reasonable price, both Asian and American. What really stood out this day was the Jalapeno Chicken, done just right with enough heat and fresh crispness. There is a fairly extensive amount of Sushi, which also looked good. Desserts were abundant as well as 4 choices of ice cream. The Mongolian grill has most all there is to offer on one. Staff was efficient and friendly, refills kept coming as soon as glasses were emptied. One unexpected suprise is the tax on the bill, 12.5%, WOW! Other than that it was a good deal.

1  Thank redcatcec

Reviewed 9 April 2013

I went to this with my niece this weekend. She loves this place so much and she eats a lot which makes me happy, the food was good and the staff was great. Make sure you eat enough because every little thing you take out you will be charged, the hot grill was delicious I had the grilled chicken which you can add seasoning before the person put's it on the grill. I also had shrimp for my salad.

My niece enjoyed her bday here and it was lots of fun

2  Thank Violetjvm
Reviewed 19 January 2013

From the outside, this restaurant looks like any other restaurant in a small shopping center, but when you open that door and walk inside... Whoa! It's huge! The salad bar is actually inside a boat that was constructed for this restaurant! It's very attractive.

My family members and I have eaten there frequently. It's a good deal for the price you pay. The cost is very reasonable. The food is okay, it's hot, and frequently refilled. There are always a lot of customers, but even with that, it doesn't take long for the host/hostess to seat you. The eating tables are a bit close together for my liking, but that's a personal opinion. There is a lot of noise, but that's because the place always has so many customers. The wait staff is always busy, but we've never had to sit around with empty glasses. They're very attentive. The bathrooms are very, very large and usually clean.

As for the food, everyone has their favorites. I would recommend the brown rice over the regular fried rice. It has a lot more flavor. The crab rangoons are delicious. They're crisp on the outside and light and fluffy on the inside. I could make a meal on those alone. I haven't come across any food item that I wouldn't choose again.

I've never made it over to the Hibachi Grill and/or sushi side of the restaurant. That's either because the lines were so long, or I had already started on the buffet. One last comment: when it first opened, I noticed a lot of food being spilled on the buffet tables and the floor by the customers. The food pieces didn't get cleaned up very often. On subsequent visits, that has changed. I don't know if something was said, but now, if a customer spills some food on the floor or the edge of a buffet table, it's picked up and wiped down quickly. I liked that.

I'd recommend this restaurant - especially for families. It won't break the bank!

4  Thank Kathy B
Reviewed 28 October 2012

A good buffet for the price have never left feeling like it was a waste of money food is always hot and fresh service is good and they keep your drinks full will be back often at this point they dont even have a - yet just a +

2  Thank 3down
Reviewed 29 September 2012

Probably 3.5 stars is more appropriate. This is one of the better Asian buffets in the Norfolk-Va. Beach area. They have a sushi bar and also cooks who prepare your own made-to-order Mongolian-style stir-fry. The choices are quite good, but surprisingly...not an overwhelming number of Chinese-type dishes. By that I mean quite a bit of American foods, too. I think the sushi is decent and the Mongolian fresh grill is nice, too. Food steaming away in warmers means you are not getting Michelin 5 star quality, but decent enough. Service by our Chinese server was good.

2  Thank taliabo