“NIGHTMARE FROM H!!!”

Ranked #34 of 37 Hotels in Norfolk
Rock Hill, South Carolina
“NIGHTMARE FROM H!!!”
Reviewed 1 August 2013

I had a recent stay at motel 6 norfolk,va #1076. Oh my god was it a nightmare. What ever you do do'nt stay there if you don't have too please. Fisrt I had a reservation and requested a ground floor room due to my health didn't get that ok. went in to the room it smelled like bodies, the tub was a hot mess something was around the drain that was hard hair in the tub, carpet was stained so bad I made sure not to walk around without any shoes, some of the towels had bad stains good thing i always carry my own towels with me when I travel. THE DOOR TO THE ROOM DID NOT CLOSE ALL THE WAY YOU COULD SEE THE OUTSIDE. I HAD TO PUT A CHAIR UP TO THE DOOR TO FEEL SAFE. I didn't get any sleep at all had to keep spraying anything I had for the room to smell better. OH MY GOD THE SMELL! I was told that I could not change rooms because they were sold out really. This dump had the never to be sold out. They should be a shame to have the name motel 6. 1 person check you in and the lobby was pack.
DON'T DO IT TO YOURSELF
STAY SOME WHERE ELSE PAY THE EXTRA MONEY IF YOU HAVE TOO!
DON'T DO IT!
They had the nerve to give me half back.
I SHOULD HAVE GOT ALL MY MONEY BACK NOT HALF.
I informed the clerk at the front desk at check out about all the problems and she looked at me as to say and so ok!
Really again don't stay there if you don't have too or you will be sorry you did like me.
I WILL NEVER NEVER STAY THERE AGAIN!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank bealleyne
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Norfolk, responded to this review, 4 August 2013
Dear bealleyne - We sincerely apologize for the odor, room conditions and service issues you encountered during your recent stay. These issues are not consistent with our standards for quality at Motel 6. Please kindly contact our guest relations department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide you with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 27 July 2013

When I got to the motel the lobby had a lot of people trying to check in and check out. They only had one person at the front desk. When I got to my room it smelled like smoke and musk. The carpet was dirty the comforter on the bed was dirty the kitchen floor was dirty the room had dead bugs all over the room including the bathroom. The bath tub was dirty. I would not recommend this motel to anyone until it is total cleaned up. The Health Department need to pay this motel a visit.

Room Tip: Choose another motel not motel 6.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank mickeym1968
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Norfolk, responded to this review, 3 August 2013
Dear mickeym1968 - Thank you for taking the time to post your review. The cleanliness, odor and pest issues you encountered are not consistent with our standards for quality at Motel 6, and we sincerely apologize for your unpleasant stay. Please contact our guest relations department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide you with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.
Reviewed 29 May 2013

If I could I would smack my husband for booking this room, I could care less if it is one night. The room smells like someone peed on the carpet, it is musty and the bed is gross. It looks like either or all, someone gave birth on the bed, got murder on the bed or forgot to wear a pad or tampon to bed. Last time I check that is a health issue, how about you throw away the mattress and buy a new one. I am going to take a chance and sleep in my car tonight, at least I know my seat is clean.

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank lil2eo
Motel Six N, Manager at Motel 6 Norfolk, responded to this review, 29 December 2013
I apologize that your last visit was not enjoyable. We have renovated all the rooms here at Motel 6 Norfolk and hope that you will return for another stay to show you how we have improved.
Call us at 757-461-2380 to make your reservation.
Belleville, Illinois
Reviewed 8 May 2013 via mobile

I had to call for a taxi 3 times before being picked up to go here. On the way the driver mentions that he never takes jobs in this area, this should have been enough to ward me off because the rest of my stay at motel 6 was generally awful. I walked down the street to get food. It wasn't bad but on the way back the creeps were out. I stopped in the gas station to find a transvestite and the area just did not feel safe. I considered checking out in the morning after 1 night instead of spending both nights here. I already planned to stop for sheets as I did not feel safe with the ones already on my bed.

I stopped at the front desk and as I gazed from the floor up I thought the woman in front of me had disgustingly tight spandex on but as my gaze continued up I had to double take as I realized she was only wearing a too small unzipped zip up hoodie. Needless to say there wasn't much I couldn't see. I asked if she was okay and if she needed help. She told me and the desk clerk (who btw was behind what resembled a bank teller window with bullet proof glass) that she and her bf had a fight and he kicked her out. She then requested that I go to her room and get her clothes for her. I abruptly refused and luckily the police were already there. I got my sheets and left. I later called the front desk to ask if the lady was helped which I was told she was and the I notified the front desk lady I would be checking out early.

The lady at the desk was very nice but this area is not a place anyone wants to be.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank knexster
I apologize that your previous experience was not pleasant. Motel 6 Norfolk has renovated all the rooms. Please come back and let us make your next experience better than the last.
Give us a call at 757-461-2380 to make your reservation!
Reviewed 14 July 2012

First of all. Police in parking lot when we arrived. Checked in. Front desk very nice. Got to room. Wow. Room oder so bad my youngest had difficult time breathing. Afraid to leave door open. Looked like drug dealers looking to make sales. Next no toilet paper or towels. Went to front desk for both. Half roll of toilet paper and 2 hand towels for 4 people. Really. They were just out of towels. Come back later they said. I was not willing to risk my life for towels. Didn't see bugs. But I have my suspicions. Is short. THIS PLACE NEEDS TO BE SHUT DOWN.

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank vschandel
Upstate New York
Reviewed 8 July 2012

It was cheap and basic; at times, less than basic. It was right after the Fourth of July, so the staff was stressed. Front desk crew was polite, but as for the maid service, we never got any for the two nights we were there, and we had to ask for towels. We checked for bed bugs, found none (maybe because the mattresses were covered in plastic?) Not dirty, but not the cleanest place I've stayed either. Bedside lighting seemed flourescent. Stayed in non-smoking room, but there were cigarrette burn marks on the edge of the tub. Outdoor railing on the second floor is rickety. Police were there both nights, for...? I'm rating it as "average" on several points, simply because it was so cheap, so you shouldn't expect much if you don't want to spend more money.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank GrandU
VIRGINIA BEACH, VIRGINIA
Reviewed 5 September 2011

I picked this room because it was the cheapest and BOY did I pay for it!! I went inside to check in and the lobby was SUPER SMALL. All of the sudden there was a crowd in there and ONE person checking people in! I had a group of hood rats cut in front of me when the receptionist CLEARLY saw me standing there for at least 5 minutes. I got 1 key with a sticky note on it telling me what room I was in. She didn't say ANYTHING else to me. She could have at least told me what room I was in! She ASKED if I wanted a receipt, of course I do! Didn't say ANYTHING about breakfast, internet, checkout time etc..RUDE! I find out that my room is right beside the office -oh great!--I slide my key in the door and it wouldn't open! It blinked green but apparently the door was kicked in and they never repaired it..I had my hands full and I'm trying to slide the key in the door AND jimmy the door handle so it would open!! What a piece of junk!! Walking into the room, it STUNK!!! Like MUSTY carpet..The a/c was running and did not look "Refreshed" as their website states at all. The bed was big but HARD. The TV was SUPER small..The pillows smelled like must and my socks were black from the carpet. I left around 1am because I couldn't sleep on that rock hard bed. Neighbors next door had 2 annoying kids and a damn dog...Walls are thin so you hear EVERYTHING!! Would NOT stay here or recommend...Pay 20 bucks more and get a nicer room or bring earplugs and air freshener!!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank MEG757
Also consider these accommodations in or near Norfolk
Americas Best Value Inn
Americas Best Value Inn
#23 of 37 in Norfolk
Candlewood Suites Norfolk Airport
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Norfolk International Airport
Riverwalk Inn & Suites Portsmouth
La Quinta Inn & Suites Norfolk Airport
Sleep Inn Lake Wright - Norfolk Airport

Been to Motel 6 Norfolk? Share your experiences!