“Dont listen to the bad reviews it has all been renovated”
Review of Motel 6 Norfolk

Motel 6 Norfolk
Ranked #34 of 37 Hotels in Norfolk
Reviewed 20 May 2014

All these people giving bad reviews are trying to get stuff for free thats all the hotel is a great place for a great price all this "its dirty , its musty" is all lies it has been RENOVATED!!!! SO ITS CLEAN !!!!

• Stayed: May 2014
5  Thank Kyle R

Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

Good place for a weekend stay....The motel was quiet, plenty of parking, has outside pool, Wi-Fi, cable, flat screen tv & convenient to the highway, the beach & plenty of restarants and shopping. The room was clean & very big...looked newly renovated with a comfortable king size bed...we had no complaints...just wish it had a microwave & fridge.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Lakeshia T
Reviewed 13 February 2014

Very nice... very clean and no bugs.... i was apprehensive when checking in. I checked the room first to ensure cleanliness.. impressive. Nice daily rate . Satisfied! I shall return.. oh did i mention hbo? They have it.. only downside...no free wifi

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank uniqueiam
Reviewed 20 August 2013

Well the room smelled musty as all hell. There were stains and pubic hair on our sheets the location is horrible and we checked in and checked out the same day with our refund. Thevfront counter was expecting us to check out after we called up there and refunded our money the area has a bunch of shady people around that place should be shut down asap

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank steve5850
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Norfolk, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2013

Dear steve5850 - We sincerely apologize for the unpleasant experience as a result of the cleanliness and odor issues you encountered. These issues are not consistent with Motel 6 standards for quality, and we are sorry to hear that you decided not to stay with us as a result. We kindly encourage you to contact our guest relations department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide our guests with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.

Reviewed 1 August 2013

I had a recent stay at motel 6 norfolk,va #1076. Oh my god was it a nightmare. What ever you do do'nt stay there if you don't have too please. Fisrt I had a reservation and requested a ground floor room due to my health didn't get that ok. went in to the room it smelled like bodies, the tub was a hot mess something was around the drain that was hard hair in the tub, carpet was stained so bad I made sure not to walk around without any shoes, some of the towels had bad stains good thing i always carry my own towels with me when I travel. THE DOOR TO THE ROOM DID NOT CLOSE ALL THE WAY YOU COULD SEE THE OUTSIDE. I HAD TO PUT A CHAIR UP TO THE DOOR TO FEEL SAFE. I didn't get any sleep at all had to keep spraying anything I had for the room to smell better. OH MY GOD THE SMELL! I was told that I could not change rooms because they were sold out really. This dump had the never to be sold out. They should be a shame to have the name motel 6. 1 person check you in and the lobby was pack.
DON'T DO IT TO YOURSELF
STAY SOME WHERE ELSE PAY THE EXTRA MONEY IF YOU HAVE TOO!
DON'T DO IT!
They had the nerve to give me half back.
I SHOULD HAVE GOT ALL MY MONEY BACK NOT HALF.
I informed the clerk at the front desk at check out about all the problems and she looked at me as to say and so ok!
Really again don't stay there if you don't have too or you will be sorry you did like me.
I WILL NEVER NEVER STAY THERE AGAIN!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank bealleyne
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Norfolk, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2013

Dear bealleyne - We sincerely apologize for the odor, room conditions and service issues you encountered during your recent stay. These issues are not consistent with our standards for quality at Motel 6. Please kindly contact our guest relations department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide you with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.

Reviewed 27 July 2013

When I got to the motel the lobby had a lot of people trying to check in and check out. They only had one person at the front desk. When I got to my room it smelled like smoke and musk. The carpet was dirty the comforter on the bed was dirty the kitchen floor was dirty the room had dead bugs all over the room including the bathroom. The bath tub was dirty. I would not recommend this motel to anyone until it is total cleaned up. The Health Department need to pay this motel a visit.

Room Tip: Choose another motel not motel 6.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank mickeym1968
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Norfolk, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2013

Dear mickeym1968 - Thank you for taking the time to post your review. The cleanliness, odor and pest issues you encountered are not consistent with our standards for quality at Motel 6, and we sincerely apologize for your unpleasant stay. Please contact our guest relations department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide you with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.

Reviewed 29 May 2013

If I could I would smack my husband for booking this room, I could care less if it is one night. The room smells like someone peed on the carpet, it is musty and the bed is gross. It looks like either or all, someone gave birth on the bed, got murder on the bed or forgot to wear a pad or tampon to bed. Last time I check that is a health issue, how about you throw away the mattress and buy a new one. I am going to take a chance and sleep in my car tonight, at least I know my seat is clean.

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank lil2eo
Motel Six N, Manager at Motel 6 Norfolk, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2013

I apologize that your last visit was not enjoyable. We have renovated all the rooms here at Motel 6 Norfolk and hope that you will return for another stay to show you how we have improved.
Call us at 757-461-2380 to make your reservation.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Norfolk
Red Roof Inn Virginia Beach
#17 of 37 in Norfolk
Norfolk Waterside Marriott
8 mi away
Hampton Inn Norfolk Naval Base

Been to Motel 6 Norfolk? Share your experiences!