“Would not stay again!!!!”
Review of Motel 6 Norfolk

Motel 6 Norfolk
Ranked #34 of 37 Hotels in Norfolk
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

First off being newly renovated means nothing if you don't clean your rooms properly. I was visiting with my children and fiancee for my baby shower and when we arrived the first thing I asked for was clean sheets and blankets. There were simple things in our room that weren't clean for example the counter around the sink looked like it had not been wiped down from previous guests, the phone there was this black residue on the receiver of the phone. When I lifted the seat of the toilet, you could clearly see the rim of toilet wasn't clean. I didn't even want my kids sitting on the toilet. You could see where the side of the tub was flithy. Yeah they have flat screen TV's but they are covered in dust as well as the top of the headboards. No one never came by to see if we needed more towels and washcloths. Overall when I stay at a motel/hotel I need my family and I to feel just as comfortable as we do at home and I did not get that feeling at this Motel 6. And to top it off I did not like the activities going on around the motel (women in extra skimpy clothes, groups of guys hanging out around the motel etc etc).

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Elyse A

Reviewed 13 July 2014

My bestfriend and I stayed there for night because we were going to Trey Songz album release party. When I arrived, I was made aware that they were overbooked. Tiara kindly put us in a kitchenette room (non-smoking). The room was in the very back of the motel. We to get ready for the party in walked into a room that a very foul odor. There was no iron or hair dryer in there. The phone didn't even work. The cabinet under the sink had crayons. When we left for the party, it was pitch black dark. You couldn't even see your hand in front of your face. After the part , the light was still not on. Then the key wouldn't work. I called downstairs the man is going to tell me to come down. I come down he reactivated my card. I made him aware that there was no lights on back there and it was a safety concern for us. He did not care. So we go and try the key again and it still didn't work. I called back downstairs and the he told me he was on his way. He was too scared to walk so he drove to the back of the building. He told me that is going to see whats going on with my card and I can come down and get it. I told him No I am not leaving back out the room until the lights are turned on. He said he was going to bring it back and which he never did! NEVER WILL I STAY THERE AGAIN!!!

Room Tip: bring some Lysol wipes, shower shoes, personal towels
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank mzbrooks070109
Reviewed 20 May 2014

All these people giving bad reviews are trying to get stuff for free thats all the hotel is a great place for a great price all this "its dirty , its musty" is all lies it has been RENOVATED!!!! SO ITS CLEAN !!!!

• Stayed: May 2014
5  Thank Kyle R
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

Good place for a weekend stay....The motel was quiet, plenty of parking, has outside pool, Wi-Fi, cable, flat screen tv & convenient to the highway, the beach & plenty of restarants and shopping. The room was clean & very big...looked newly renovated with a comfortable king size bed...we had no complaints...just wish it had a microwave & fridge.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Lakeshia T
Reviewed 13 February 2014

Very nice... very clean and no bugs.... i was apprehensive when checking in. I checked the room first to ensure cleanliness.. impressive. Nice daily rate . Satisfied! I shall return.. oh did i mention hbo? They have it.. only downside...no free wifi

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank uniqueiam
Reviewed 20 August 2013

Well the room smelled musty as all hell. There were stains and pubic hair on our sheets the location is horrible and we checked in and checked out the same day with our refund. Thevfront counter was expecting us to check out after we called up there and refunded our money the area has a bunch of shady people around that place should be shut down asap

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank steve5850
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Norfolk, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2013

Dear steve5850 - We sincerely apologize for the unpleasant experience as a result of the cleanliness and odor issues you encountered. These issues are not consistent with Motel 6 standards for quality, and we are sorry to hear that you decided not to stay with us as a result. We kindly encourage you to contact our guest relations department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide our guests with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.

Reviewed 1 August 2013

I had a recent stay at motel 6 norfolk,va #1076. Oh my god was it a nightmare. What ever you do do'nt stay there if you don't have too please. Fisrt I had a reservation and requested a ground floor room due to my health didn't get that ok. went in to the room it smelled like bodies, the tub was a hot mess something was around the drain that was hard hair in the tub, carpet was stained so bad I made sure not to walk around without any shoes, some of the towels had bad stains good thing i always carry my own towels with me when I travel. THE DOOR TO THE ROOM DID NOT CLOSE ALL THE WAY YOU COULD SEE THE OUTSIDE. I HAD TO PUT A CHAIR UP TO THE DOOR TO FEEL SAFE. I didn't get any sleep at all had to keep spraying anything I had for the room to smell better. OH MY GOD THE SMELL! I was told that I could not change rooms because they were sold out really. This dump had the never to be sold out. They should be a shame to have the name motel 6. 1 person check you in and the lobby was pack.
DON'T DO IT TO YOURSELF
STAY SOME WHERE ELSE PAY THE EXTRA MONEY IF YOU HAVE TOO!
DON'T DO IT!
They had the nerve to give me half back.
I SHOULD HAVE GOT ALL MY MONEY BACK NOT HALF.
I informed the clerk at the front desk at check out about all the problems and she looked at me as to say and so ok!
Really again don't stay there if you don't have too or you will be sorry you did like me.
I WILL NEVER NEVER STAY THERE AGAIN!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank bealleyne
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Norfolk, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2013

Dear bealleyne - We sincerely apologize for the odor, room conditions and service issues you encountered during your recent stay. These issues are not consistent with our standards for quality at Motel 6. Please kindly contact our guest relations department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide you with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Norfolk
Red Roof Inn Virginia Beach
#17 of 37 in Norfolk
Norfolk Waterside Marriott
8 mi away
Hampton Inn Norfolk Naval Base

Been to Motel 6 Norfolk? Share your experiences!