Motel 6 Norfolk
US$153
US$140
US$114
US$102
La Quinta Inn & Suites Norfolk Airport(Norfolk)(Great Value!)
US$101
Hotels.com
  • Pool
US$153
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 June 2010

It's always reassuring when you're passing through a town late at night and you stop at some motel by the road to get some rest and are greeted by a host behind a bullet proof glass. I slipped a credit card through the opening below, signed the slip, received the key and we were ready to go. Heck, they even offer free coffee through the opening. That's real hospitality you'd expect in the hospitality business. I guess the hosts were more concerned about their own safety than the safety of their guests. The room was okay. The walls were a little beaten up and worn down, bland, no pictures. But there was a musty stench you could smell when entering the room. The sheets were clean - I guess! I'm glad we left early the next morning. You could do much better staying elsewhere. Even if you have to pay more it's worth it.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank born_to_travel_1019
Reviewed 28 June 2009

My husband and I are planning to move to Virginia Beach, Virginia and thought we would go down for the weekend and look around at the area. We decided to stay in Norfolk at a Motel 6 located on Military Highway. When we first got there we thought everything looked great. We checked in at the frong counter and they had got our room wrong saying that my husband and I had booked two rooms when we only need one room for him and I. We then went to our where it was nice. They redone the whole motel which was nice. The very frist night we got woke up at 2:00am in the morning for someone outside screaming at each other and threating each other. I was very scared at this point. We also got the interent through the motel which did not work at all. When we got home we were looking at the news and there was a shooting right next door to us on Friay morning. I have never felt so scared. If this motel was in a different part of town I would stay, but not in that part of town ever agin!!!

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank kdbillings
Reviewed 6 August 2008

ok so we stayed here for a job my boyfriend was working on in VA. It had a little kitchen and fridge microwave etc. It wasn't horrible but it wasn't a great stay either. I was expecting worse after reading the reviews. The maids DON"T speak english at all. So good luck with asking for towels and toliet paper. The carpet was stained and smelled musky, but some febrezze and lysol (available at the 24 hour walmart down the street) did an ok job. Bed was a little uncomfy but again a $15 egg crate pad from the trusty walmart did the trick again. Our bathroom flooded once, but only because we moved the toliet tank lid by accident and let the leak spray out. The pool was beautiful, but usually filled with kids whose parents think a hotel pool is a babysitter. Coin op laundry worked fine and so did the vending/ice machines. Had a couple of problems with the key but assistant manager was nice about it (main manager is a Bi##h) Never saw a roach, but did kill a couple of flies and a spdier. A/C worked overtime always cold in the room, not a bad thing. After being there 3 weeks they lost our corporate reservation and wanted to kick us out until my bfs boss called and settled it. (we were 4 couples staying each in seperate rooms for over a month)
Not a wonderful vacation spa experience, but not unbearable. Kinda like being at the camp. Bathroom looked new and redone
Oh and internet was slow and you had to pay for it every 24 hours. If the company books it again I wouldn't have a huge problem with it, but personally for a vacation I'd book closer to the beach...

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank mshellh
Reviewed 22 January 2008

I'm a college student (so I'm broke), and wanted to have a nice quiet weekend with my boyfriend (who is in the Navy and stationed in Norfolk). We rented a room at the Motel 6, since we're both kind of broke, didn't want to spend a ton of money when we're both fairly simple, no fuss kind of people. (the Navy Lodge was also under construction and not taking any reservations for anyone who didn't have orders) He's used to living on his ship, I'm used to living in a crappy apartment. We looked at the website online - no fridge, no internet access, not many channels on TV - none of that was a big deal for us. We just wanted a place to take a shower and sleep.

Apparantly that is just TOO MUCH to ask for. We knew - 50 bucks a night, it wasn't going to be a great place. Whatever.

But we didn't count on paying $50 a night and picking up BED BUGS.

Yes, that's right. The place is infested. The first night I woke up itchy but figured it was winter-time, the air was dry, my skin was probably dry. I slathered up with lotion, and forgot about it. Until the next night, when I woke up, again, itchy, with welts all over me. My boyfriend didn't seem too affected, (but apparantly that's perfectly normal with bedbugs for them to only attack one person) but I was miserable all day, scratching all over, and I felt so UNCLEAN.

We immediately packed up, let the hotel know (they refused to believe it OR refund our money) and left a few nights early. I WILL be calling the Health Dept., the Better Business Bureau, whoever it takes!! As soon as I got home I stripped, and inspected and washed EVERYTHING I brought with me - and i'm still afraid to even get into my own bed, for fear of having brought a bug home with me.

Horrible hotel, horrible service, horrible management, the maids don't speak English, and if you come here, you WILL have bedbugs and might take them home with you!!! STAY AWAY!!!

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 22 August 2007

The main idea of our trip was to spend 2 days on Virginia Beach and stay one night between them in a cheap motel in Norfolk area.

I have read all horrible reviews about this motel in Internet (BTW, about cockroaches too), but decided to try it anyway, since it had the cheapest price and convenient location next to I-264. I booked it at 1am, 12 hours prior to actual arrival. Fast check-in, got key, came into the room (left side, where the "DUMP" sing is :).

I found NOTHING horrible inside. It was pretty clean non-smoking room, two queen beds, TV, bathroom with shower and working air conditioner (it was 95-98F outside). What else you need to spend a night ?

Of course, it's not Hilton or Sheraton. Clearly, they don't spend (and, I guess, don't have) enough money for maintenance. Air conditioner was making some noise outside, bathtub floor was poorly painted, sink is located right in front of a bathroom door, so anyone can hit you, going out of a bathroom.

But ask yourself - is it really annoying you for $70/night ? It "yes" - pay triple and get into Hilton on the oceanfront area, and leave it for someone, who doesn't think it is.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled with family