“Interesting area on the waterfront.”
Review of Town Point Park

and up
Norfolk New Year's Eve Dinner Cruise on the Elizabeth River
Ranked #12 of 75 things to do in Norfolk
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Entertainment and events for all ages of the family. Felt safe and enjoyed some of the music provided. The time we were there it was not elbow to elbow, so we could pleasurably mosey around and enjoy the events and sights.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

We have been attending the 4th of July fireworks show for the last 5 years and this year (2014) was the worst ever. Very boring and even the grand finale was nothing spectacular. Not sure if they switched companies or not but last year it was much better. Would have rather went to the one down at the oceanfront.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

If you are in downtown Norfolk, you must take a walk by the waterfront and enjoy the area! It is peaceful and the view is great! You will see all sorts of boats and enjoy the mermaid statues. There a couple of nice restaurants if you are hungry. Family friendly.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

The location is great, the music was fabulous..BUT...$24 for what amounted to a little over 2lbs of boiled crawfish was a ripoff and what I consider price gouging...I am from La and I was deeply disappointed that Shaggy was "shagging us"

Reviewed 25 June 2014

Over the years, I have spent many weekends at Town Point Park in Norfolk. I live in Hampton and happily make the trek from the peninsula to southside to go to Town Point Park. Early June, our visit to Town Point Park was for Harborfest. My husband and I got there by noon on Friday in time for the Parade of Sails. The park looked sharp. It was kept clean and there were plenty of trash receptacles. The portable toilets were clean and stocked with supplies. As the day progressed, the crowds increased and the park was still being looked after by teams of workers. We spent the night at a very nearby restaurant and enjoyed Saturday at the Park, too. A couple weekends later found us back at the park for the Bayou Boogaloo Cajun Fest. For some reason this festival is not free. The Park had the same high quality control and children were having fun at the ground fountains, running in and out of the water jets. I miss Waterside being available to come in and cool off, and hopefully it will be rebuilt into the great place it once was.