“Gathered with family and friends to celebrate...” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Courtyard Norfolk Downtown

Courtyard Norfolk Downtown
Ranked #10 of 37 Hotels in Norfolk
Culpeper, Virginia
“Gathered with family and friends to celebrate...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014

My mother and I spent the weekend with family and friends as we all gathered to celebrate the birth of "Little Blair". The initial impression of the hotel was pleasant; the lobby was clean and the desk clerk was very accommodating. We joined our friends in the lounge area and enjoyed a great cup of complimentary coffee. The room was wonderful! There was no stale or musty smell, and the carpets were clean. The curtains and room décor were dust free--great attention to detail. Although many will say that you should not trust hotel for clean bed covers; I must say that this room appeared to be an exception to that statement. This room was really a much appreciated surprise for the downtown Norfolk, VA area. I will also add that there are some really nice restaurants close by.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Wesley D, General Manager at Courtyard Norfolk Downtown, responded to this review, 3 April 2014
Thank you for your kind remarks regarding your recent stay with us. Thank you for your business and we hope to serve all your future lodging needs while in Norfolk. I will be sure to share your comments with our staff.

Wesley Dove

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Panama City Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2014

I stayed on this hotel for the first time for about a week in March 2014. Not only that this hotel has a great location,walking distance to the Mall and some restaurants, the first thing I have noticed is the warm reception of the staffs. It made me feel at home. They will do everything to make your stay as comfortable as can be especially with the help and full attention of their General Manager, Mr. Wesley Dove. If you have any question or issues in the room or the facility, he will make sure that it will be taken care. That is a great customer service. I couldn't ask for more on this hotel. Awesome Stays!

Room Tip: Get a suite, its bigger and very comfortable.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Wesley D, General Manager at Courtyard Norfolk Downtown, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay here with us. We were honored to serve you. We are committed to providing superior customer service. I will be sure to share your comments with our staff. We look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014

What a great job you and your staff did hosting MEAC tournament attendees. My colleague and I were greeted once we arrived and had the pleasure of meeting Nino who provided superior customer service. Nino went from parking our vehicle in a nice location to getting us into a room within 15 minutes. The staff was very helpful and attentive and provided us with a great stay experience. The room was very clean, spacious and full of sunlight. We will certainly look forward to booking with your hotel for next year’s MEAC tournament.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Sonya,

Thank you for sharing your comments with us about your recent stay and Nino. It was our pleasure to serve you. I will be sure to share your comments with our staff today at our associate meeting. We loved hosting the MEAC tournament and we look forward to having you again next year.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2014 via mobile

We spent 6 nights here. Location is in Downtown, minutes away from MacArthur Shopping Centre, the USS Wisconsin Battleship ( worth a visit! ) and Granby street where you can find restaurants and bars ( it's a rather quite area though). Nearby is the " Tide " tram station as well, which covers a good part of the town.
Room was spacious enough, the bed was perfect: large, lots of comfy and fluffy pillows...hard to get out of it in the morning!
The staff was extremely nice, welcoming, helpful .... just perfect, all of them! ( i felt so spoiled :-)
The breakfast was awesome : such a good selection and great service!

Only small negative is that the bar/breakfast area in the hotel is open only limited time in the evening, so for a night cap you have to find nearby other options.

Thank you Courtyard for making our stay so great, i would come back here again !

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Hajnal I
Dumfries, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2014

This hotel (from my experience) provides better service and value than the Waterside Marriott which is located down the road. Parking is readily available and more reliable than at the Waterside. The service is prompt and friendly. It is located near the center of toen, but opens up in the other direction. This is a plus because it opens up to a less busy street that doesn't feed onto a highway as is the case with the other side.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Wesley D, General Manager at Courtyard Norfolk Downtown, responded to this review, 21 March 2014
Thank you for your kind comments about your recent stay here with us. We appreciate your business! I will be sure to share your comments with our staff at our next associate meeting. We look forward to having you stay with us in the future.

Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014

I was blown away by the friendly staff here. They were kind, friendly, considerate and took care of anything I needed. This is supposedly the step-down hotel from the Marriott Waterside, but that hotel's customer service pales in comparison to the Courtyard. I was so thankful to have a stress-free hotel experience during a very stressful business trip.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Wesley D, General Manager at Courtyard Norfolk Downtown, responded to this review, 20 March 2014
Thank you so much for the kind remarks. I would like to personally thank you for your business and will be sure to share your comments with our staff. We look forward to having you with us again in the future.

Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2014

Another time where I wish there were 1/2 stars and would have given this hotel 3.5 stars.
The front desk service was efficient but not hospitable. never made eye contact with me while checking me in and seemed a bit angry. The linens were very fresh and the hotel was clean. There was a lack of hot water and really did not get past lukewarm for a minute or two.
This Courtyard is consisted with others I have stayed at but I am still not a huge fan of the breakfast choices and I was not aware of any other breakfast choices in the immediate area.
Hotel was very quiet. Great location to the office buildings I was traveling to. Valet parking put a nice dent on the rental car and then denied it. no big deal but the experience is a sum of the parts. Hotel lobby was very clean. I would still recommend the hotel but there are some other options in the immediate area at Marriott or Sheraton. Good location to the mall and arena.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Wesley D, General Manager at Courtyard Norfolk Downtown, responded to this review, 2 March 2014
Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay with us. I will personally look into the desk clerk service issue and will retrain them on making eye contact! We appreciate your business and look forward to serving your future lodging needs when in Norfolk.