“The average Courtyard”

Ranked #12 of 37 Hotels in Norfolk
Greenville, South Carolina
“The average Courtyard”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014

Stayed at this Courtyard on a recent business trip. Convenient location in Downtown Norfolk. If you come by car be aware that parking at the hotel is $19. Arrived a few minutes after a large bus group resulting in a very long wait to check-in. I am a Marriott Platinum Rewards Memeber but was not offered a welcome gift upon check-in. Temperature in my room was just about impossible to control. Caulking in the bathroom was missing/lose in some areas.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank DaddyScholz
Wesley D, General Manager at Courtyard Norfolk Downtown, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us regarding your recent stay. I can understand your frustration with the delayed check-in as there was a large group in front of you. We did staff accordingly in order to handle the group and our other guests. We value your business and your feedback and will use the information you provided to better train and staff in the future. We apologize for the delay.

Wesley Dove

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

I typically do not write reviews or rate hotels but this hotel was spectacular. During my stay last weekend, the employees made my stay a memorable one. The valet employees were prompt and very professional. The housekeepers maintained a smile and made my stay very pleasant. Most of all, Brittany, front desk associate was so pleasant, respectful and professional. Talk about customer service, Brittany excelled in all aspect and for,that, I have made this hotel my #1 choice. Thank you and see you soon!!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for your sharing your experience in regards to your recent stay with us. We value your feedback and will be sure to share this with the staff.

Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

I'm not one to wite reviews. But, I had to for this AMAZING hotel. The room was clean and spacious, the staff, beyond helpful and outstanding customer service. Our stay was perfect! so, perfect that we are planning on staying for our next trip to Norfolk. By the way we were there for our daughters dance competition. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
The Jones, Apex NC

Room Tip: Rooms on the 8th floor are the best!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Wesley D, General Manager at Courtyard Norfolk Downtown, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Our goal is to ensure every guest has an enjoyable and comfortable stay. I will be sure to share this with our staff as we continue to work to become even better. We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Houston, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014

This is one of the more expensive Courtyards i have ever stayed at. The location is keen if your business is downtown. My experience here was not bad per say but I do not wish to stay here again either. While I am really no fan of any hotel in Norfolk, I prefer the Marriott over this location.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Michelle C
Wesley D, General Manager at Courtyard Norfolk Downtown, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay with us. I regret that you feel that our hotel is costly. We typically are priced well below our major competitors in the downtown Norfolk area. While almost every hotel in downtown charges for valet parking, we are one of the cheapest and we offer 24 hour valet service. We appreciate your feedback.

Appleton, Wisconsin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

The hotel was efficient but not really outstanding. The room was nice and clean. The pool was so chlorinated that I could not tolerate it and the hot tub brought a whole new meaning to hot. I was glad that we were only staying the one night or I would have changed hotels for the remainder of our stay. For the cost ($150 with the valet charges), I expected more. Will not be staying here again if I am in the Norfolk area.

Room Tip: The corner rooms are a nice size.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay here with us at the Courtyard Downtown Norfolk. In regards to the pool chlorination, our pool is a salt water system which has a different smell and taste. I reviewed our pool chemical logs and the salt levels and PH levels were in the normal range on the dates of your stay. As always, our goal is to ensure that every guest's expectations are met.

Culpeper, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014

My mother and I spent the weekend with family and friends as we all gathered to celebrate the birth of "Little Blair". The initial impression of the hotel was pleasant; the lobby was clean and the desk clerk was very accommodating. We joined our friends in the lounge area and enjoyed a great cup of complimentary coffee. The room was wonderful! There was no stale or musty smell, and the carpets were clean. The curtains and room décor were dust free--great attention to detail. Although many will say that you should not trust hotel for clean bed covers; I must say that this room appeared to be an exception to that statement. This room was really a much appreciated surprise for the downtown Norfolk, VA area. I will also add that there are some really nice restaurants close by.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Wesley D, General Manager at Courtyard Norfolk Downtown, responded to this review, 3 April 2014
Thank you for your kind remarks regarding your recent stay with us. Thank you for your business and we hope to serve all your future lodging needs while in Norfolk. I will be sure to share your comments with our staff.

Panama City Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2014

I stayed on this hotel for the first time for about a week in March 2014. Not only that this hotel has a great location,walking distance to the Mall and some restaurants, the first thing I have noticed is the warm reception of the staffs. It made me feel at home. They will do everything to make your stay as comfortable as can be especially with the help and full attention of their General Manager, Mr. Wesley Dove. If you have any question or issues in the room or the facility, he will make sure that it will be taken care. That is a great customer service. I couldn't ask for more on this hotel. Awesome Stays!

Room Tip: Get a suite, its bigger and very comfortable.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Wesley D, General Manager at Courtyard Norfolk Downtown, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay here with us. We were honored to serve you. We are committed to providing superior customer service. I will be sure to share your comments with our staff. We look forward to serving you again in the near future.