“Delicious fresh food, dependably consistent quality”
Review of Nordstrom Cafe

Nordstrom Cafe
Ranked #72 of 730 Restaurants in Norfolk
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 8 July 2013

I've been dining at the Nordstrom Cafe for close to a decade. Without a doubt it is the best cafeteria restaurant by far--comparing Nordstrom Cafe to K&W Cafeteria would be like comparing Whole Foods to Food Lion. I almost always start with a cup of Roma Tomato Basil Soup ($3.75). On my most recent dine, I enjoyed the Margherita Pizza ($9.95), which is made to order and brought to your table by a server. My companion had the Tuscan Roast Salmon ($12.50), which he really enjoyed. Their Ginger Peach Sweet Tea ($2.15) is delicious--I could drink it all day. I've also enjoyed their Shrimp, Corn & Arugula salad. The cafe's calm and pleasant upscale atmosphere is a welcome reprieve from the rest of the mall. I highly recommend it!

Reviewed 20 June 2013

This is a great little restaurant to pop into after an afternoon of shopping. My mom and I eat lunch or dinner here on our annual day-after-Christmas shopping trips. Girlfriends and I will often choose this spot for a ladies evening out, as it's so conveniently located in Nordstrom. It's got a nice interior, although I wouldn't go here if you're looking for ambiance. It's basically cafeteria-style dining, but the food is excellent. I've never had anything I didn't like. Gentlemen....when you think of Nordstrom Café do NOT think of date night. It's not that kind of place and not that kind of experience.

Reviewed 13 June 2013

great to find a great restaurant within a department store / shopping mall - that's right, a great restaurant, not some fast-food stuff but real, high quality food when and where you need it.

Reviewed 20 May 2013

In my opinion, this is the highlight of the MacArthur Center Shopping Mall. The name says it – Nordstrom. The service and quality delivered here is superior to all others. I am not a fan of any shopping mall but I do appreciate good food. The Nordstrom Café on the third floor is a combination of a cafeteria line and regular restaurant with a wait staff. Though a printed menu is available, what is better is to see prepared dishes set-up as displays. This way we can see just what you will be served – no guessing.

Some items such as soup and a few hot items can be served as you pass down the cafeteria line towards the check-out, but most items will be prepared fresh and brought to your table. You are given a number to display on your table, so the wait staff can locate which table you are setting.

They offer several gourmet and many basic pizzas, some great looking (and large) Salads, Baked Salmon, Roasted Chicken, Vegetarian dishes and even desserts, wine and beer. A must-try is the Tomato-Basil Bisque, which is offered daily. It comes with one slice of Garlic Bread, but you can purchase more. The prices are higher than you’d expect for a mall, but then Quality and Service are Nordstrom trademarks. This is not your typical dry, bland Mall Food Court lunch. It is worth the additional price (and waiting time) difference, but it will be served fresh.

Great food and great service, but I do have one negative observation and that is the volume of the music played. It’s a little too loud forcing customers and staff to raise their voices just to be heard clearly. The busier the café gets, the louder it gets. Two of three times I’ve had lunch at Nordstrom Café, it was rather busy and very noisy. My most recent visit was before the lunch crowd and the café had very few customers. It was then that I noticed just how loud the music was without any side conversations. A great place, but if only they’d turn down the music a few notches…

1  Thank WA2world
Reviewed 10 April 2013

My wife loves the salads here and they are very well done. Not something you see very often in our area. The lady that makes the salads is very slow and meticulous and it shows in the finished product. Me, I almost always get a chicken panini. Very good. Soup of the day is usually good. Gets a bit crowded at lunchtime. Lots of retirees popping in, moms with kids in tow (which really doesn't work as there aren't really any kid dishes), & business people. Staff is generally friendly and attentive. A good place to "upscale" your lunch.