“Good Food in a Mall” 5 of 5 bubbles

Nordstrom Cafe
Ranked #51 of 695 Restaurants in Norfolk
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Chesapeake, Virginia
“Good Food in a Mall”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2013

I had read a few reviews about this cafe located on the third floor of Nordstrom's in the MacArthur mall. I rarely go to a mall and was very hesitant about eating in one but the reviews were outstanding so thought I would give it a try. Four of us went for an early dinner. It is cafeteria style so you get to look at all the offerings and then get your tray and place your order. Sandwiches and paninis are delivered to your table. The staff were very knowledgeable and nice. I only wanted carrots from the vegetable medley and they gladly allowed me to have just those. There were four salads to choose from and our group tried two of the four. They were excellent with candied walnuts and cherries. We are from the North and rarely see Prosciutto offered anywhere so I grabbed the chance to try the prosciutto, mozzarella sandwich with homemade tomato spread. Delicious. The food came quickly. The wait staff was extremely helpful. Then we had desserts. They are not all made there but we tried a few and they were very good. I highly recommend this place and will be going back any time I attend a play or other function in downtown Norfolk

• Visited August 2013

Virginia
“Fantastic the second time around, too!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2013

Consistency is apparently one of their strong suits here, and when it comes to dining out, that is a great and rare thing. The salade nicoise with salmon was most delectable. Half sizes of most of the salads are also available. Complementary roll service, strict attention to drink refills and direct professionalism appear to be the hallmarks of the service staff. Desserts are excellent. Try the 12 layer chocolate cake or one of the many cookies and cupcakes offered. This place has got it right. But then again, it is Nordstrom, so it should be no surprise to anyone.

• Visited July 2013
Norfolk, Virginia
“Delicious fresh food, dependably consistent quality”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2013

I've been dining at the Nordstrom Cafe for close to a decade. Without a doubt it is the best cafeteria restaurant by far--comparing Nordstrom Cafe to K&W Cafeteria would be like comparing Whole Foods to Food Lion. I almost always start with a cup of Roma Tomato Basil Soup ($3.75). On my most recent dine, I enjoyed the Margherita Pizza ($9.95), which is made to order and brought to your table by a server. My companion had the Tuscan Roast Salmon ($12.50), which he really enjoyed. Their Ginger Peach Sweet Tea ($2.15) is delicious--I could drink it all day. I've also enjoyed their Shrimp, Corn & Arugula salad. The cafe's calm and pleasant upscale atmosphere is a welcome reprieve from the rest of the mall. I highly recommend it!

• Visited July 2013
Chesapeake, Virginia
“Delicious food, cafeteria style.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2013

This is a great little restaurant to pop into after an afternoon of shopping. My mom and I eat lunch or dinner here on our annual day-after-Christmas shopping trips. Girlfriends and I will often choose this spot for a ladies evening out, as it's so conveniently located in Nordstrom. It's got a nice interior, although I wouldn't go here if you're looking for ambiance. It's basically cafeteria-style dining, but the food is excellent. I've never had anything I didn't like. Gentlemen....when you think of Nordstrom Café do NOT think of date night. It's not that kind of place and not that kind of experience.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Southern Shores, North Carolina
“What a wonderful surprise -”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2013

great to find a great restaurant within a department store / shopping mall - that's right, a great restaurant, not some fast-food stuff but real, high quality food when and where you need it.

• Visited May 2013