My family and I stayed here on my Marriott points while on a beach vacation. I booked this hotel because of the proximity to Virginia Beach and Norfolk. I also wanted a "Suite" hotel for the larger rooms and extras like refrigerator and pull out couch.
The location is perfect if you will be visiting multiple locations in the area and don't want/need direct beach access. There is a Ruby Tuesday in the parking lot and a Denny's across the street. You will have to drive a little if you want anything else but if you are out sightseeing that shouldn't be a problem.
The parking lot is spacious and it is easy to find a well lit spot you'll be comfortable with. The hotel was busy when we arrived in the evening but there were plenty of spots available.
The lobby is kept ICE COLD! This is refreshing considering the oppressive summer heat this year. The lobby is modern and well decorated. I like how the lounge area is open and useful during the day and not just during breakfast. It would be easy to have a meeting or sit and work in this space since it is separated from the check in area. Oddly though, the elevators and corridors to the rooms are not air conditioned.
The pool and hot tub area are small but clean and well kept. Typical of hotels today you'll feel cramped if one or more families is using the facility. I didn't use the workout facility but it looked large and well stocked.
The room was just what I wanted. The entire space was well decorated with modern furniture and amenities. The beds were comfortable and have the added benefit of being wrapped in a plastic cover. This is great to keep the critters out, although I still thoroughly checked. The air conditioning worked great and was quiet enough to sleep but loud enough to drown out some of the unwanted noise. Traffic noise was not an issue and the neighbors were quiet as well.
When I made the reservation on the Marriott site I requested a pack-n-play for our infant. At check in it was not noted on my reservation so I had to make the request again. It was sent right up but I imagine these go quickly and we were lucky to get one.
As with most hotels, I didn't have high expectations for the breakfast. While they had a pretty good selection including waffles, eggs, oatmeal, breads, fruits, and juices, things just were in order. They seemed short staffed and overwhelmed. The breakfast was very busy, as to be expected, but they didn't seem able to keep up.
I recommend this hotel and will happily stay here again when I am in the area. I stayed here for pleasure.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Springhill Suites by Marriott Norfolk/Virginia Beach is a centrally located all suites hotel near Virginia Beach, VA. Only minutes from Virginia Beach Town Center and the Virginia Beach Oceanfront activities. Farm Bureau live is only a short drive from our Spring Hill Suites Norfolk hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your SpringHill Suites by Marriott Norfolk Virginia Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Springhill Suites Norfolk Virginia Beach Hotel Norfolk
- Norfolk Springhill Suites