“Excellent”

Ranked #1 of 37 Hotels in Norfolk
Quincy, Massachusetts
“Excellent”
Reviewed 4 September 2013

First time staying at this property. Was greeted by Nicole who has one of the best personalities I've come across.
Was with my 7 year old grandson who also loved the hotel.
Only an hour away from Busch Gardens and 1/2 hour from Virginia Beach.
Breakfast was great, saved us a lot of money at Busch Gardens, a little early but there's a Denneys across the street if you can get over the highway.
Ruby Tuesdays and a bank litterally next door.
Already planning on going back next year.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Dawn A, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Norfolk Virginia Beach, responded to this review, 5 September 2013
Annette,

Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback. I happy you enjoyed your stay with us. Nicole is amazing and happy to have her with us. We certainly hope to see you back the next time you are in town!!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Haymarket, Virginia
Reviewed 2 September 2013

Over the past few years I have stayed at this property plenty of times as my son had been playing college football at Norfolk State University. We were greeted with a smile as usual and checked in very efficiently. Our room was clean and the breakfast was great to get us started on our way. Keep up the good work Management and staff. We look forward to staying there again soon.

Room Tip: Even though the hotel is a stones throw from I-264 I have never experienced noise from the highway o...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Dawn A, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Norfolk Virginia Beach, responded to this review, 4 September 2013
Hi Mr. Hitch,

Thank you for your kind words!!! We are so happy that you continue to stay with us when visiting Norfolk State University. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Best of luck to your son this year!!

Warmly,
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 23 August 2013 via mobile

Nina...not sure on spelling.....was very helpful. She needed more help but that's not her fault...its managements....once she got to us she went all the way to help us.....great room...and she made a recommendation to a local seafood place that gave us one of the best meals of our trip.....hotle good...nina is great!!!

• Stayed August 2013
Dawn A, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Norfolk Virginia Beach, responded to this review, 26 August 2013
Hello,

Thank you so much for the great feedback. Nina is absolutely amazing and I am proud to have her on our team. I am glad she recommended a great seafood restuarant for you to enjoy. I certainly hope we will see you again when traveling to Norfolk.

Washington, DC
Reviewed 23 August 2013

This was our 3rd stay at the SpringHill Suites Norfolk Virginia Beach, and our best yet. We stayed for 3 nights. The beds were surprisingly comfortable, including even the pull-out couch - and we all know those aren't usually very comfortable, but this one was. The hotel staff strive to keep the public areas clean throughout the day. The pool is small but well-maintained, with an ample supply of towels. Unfortunately the hot tub wasn't in full working order on this stay, but they're working to fix it. The breakfast buffet was impressive, and the staff work to keep it well-stocked throughout the morning. Check-in was amazingly swift and friendly. Most of all, though, ALL of the staff we interacted with were very friendly and welcoming, and seemed happy to be there. Wireless internet worked fine. Great job, SpringHill Suites Norfolk Virginia Beach!

Good Morning,

Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the comfort of your room and the pull out sofa was also comfortable. I apologize about the hot tub, it is now up and running, I hope you can enjoy it the next time you are in town. We truly have a great staff here at the SpringHill Suites, I am lucky to have such great associates.

Warmly,
Charlotte, NC
Reviewed 14 August 2013

Let me start by saying that I work in the hospitality industry, so I definitely look for excellent guest relation opportunities to occur so that I can report them. People are quick to report the negative and so quick to disregard the positive. My wedding was at the Springhill Suites Norfolk Virginia Beach on 7/20/13. I have to admit that we were on a tight budget so we were praying that the hotel would be able to pull it off. The night before when we checked in, we were greeted by a wonderful lady by the name of Portia. She was so friendly and accomadating for us. We had simple requests, and she ensured that they were handled. We had 4 sleeping rooms and needed them all to be on different floors so that my husband and I did not see each other before the ceremony on our special day. The morning of, my nerves were so frazzled and it was at that moment that Sheneda Hollis came to my rescue. She took my hand and told me everything was going to be alright and that all I needed to do was to show her how I wanted everything set up. She walked my matron of honor and myself to the ballroom where my reception was being held and I showed her how I wanted my tables set up and how I wanted the rest of the room done. She told me not to worry and to go get dressed! Our families absolutely loved the fact that the banquet staff was so quick to set up and have everything accurate. Our family and friends were so impressed by the food and the level of customer service that was provided by this staff. They were extremely helpful and were there if we needed anything or had any questions. Sheneda just showed extra compassion for my situation, and was just there to reassure me that all would be right for our special day. The entire staff was wonderful in assisting us and we will forever be thankful for you making our day a HUGE SUCCESS! We also have to tip our hats to the chef that prepared such an amazing meal. Our families can not stop talking about it! Thanks again to Portia, the banquet staff, and last but definitely not least Sheneda! The hotel is lucky to have you all on their payroll!!!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Dawn A, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Norfolk Virginia Beach, responded to this review, 16 August 2013
Hello Courtney<

Thank you so much for the wonderful praise. Sheneda Hollis is a wonderful employee and we are happy to have her on our team. I am so glad your reception was a beautiful success! Please come back and stay with us on your anniversary!!

Congratulations to you and your new husband.

All the best,
Lawrenceville, Georgia
Reviewed 14 August 2013

The first room we were given was not very clean and after returning to the front desk and explaining the situation we were given another room immediately. The second room was very clean and much large than we expected The bed was extremely comfortable and the room décor was very cheerful.
The indoor pool area smelled stale and the water was a little murky looking but in their defense we did see a sign near the entrance stating something was out of order the weekend of Aug.4.

When we went downstairs to eat breakfast on Sunday there was absolutely no place for us to sit down at all. I noticed a gentlemen who had eaten walk out of a door leading out the back of the Hotel so it is possible that some of those eating were not even staying at the Hotel. But the food was tasty and the stay was great for the price. I heard the waffles were absolutely delicious but I was not able to get close to the waffle iron.

Overall the hotel just needs to make some minor adjustments to be a "great hotel for a great price" instead of a "nice hotel for a great price". I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Dawn A, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Norfolk Virginia Beach, responded to this review, 14 August 2013
Hello,

Thank you for the feedback, my apologies on your first room. I am so gald you enjoyed our suites. Our waffles are a popluar item for breakfast, I certainly hope you can stay with us again and enjoy some waffles.

We look forward to having you stay with us when you are traveling to Norfolk.
Quebec City.
Reviewed 12 August 2013

We stayed at this location as we have for the past 3 years. The hotel is situated just off the interstate, 10 to 15 minutes from the ocean-front and about 40 minutes from Williamsburg which makes in and out great. During our stay this year (July 22 - July 30) we did have an issue or two with details. One evening after having spent a great day at Busch Gardens when we got back to our room (wife, 11 year old twins and I) the bed had been made up but nothing else had been done in the room and no towels had been left.....for example!!! Mary-Ann our housekeeper was great but on her day off it just wasn't up to par. Generally speaking the staff was very polite, courteous, and helpful...but a few individuals should question their dedication. Ms. DAWN the General Manager took of her time to sit with me, listen to what I had to say, corrected what she could immediatly and offered me her assurance that things would seen to and corrected!!! With her assurance, and very professional and sincere approach I will not hesitate to come back to the Springhill Suites location next summer.
After the 14 to 15 hour drive from Canada we are looking for a restful place to spend our vacation time, we like the area and Ms. Dawn's re-assurance has made it possible for me to say, "we'll be back!"

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Hello Mr. Eden,

It was a pleasure meeting you. I am certain your next stay with us will be a memorable one. The feedback was greatly appreciated and we have put some great best practices to work.

We look forward to seeking you next summer.

All the best!