“One good hotel”

Ranked #4 of 37 Hotels in Norfolk
Falls Church, Virginia
“One good hotel”
Reviewed 10 October 2013

I am a Marriott brand hotel user for years and have been in numerous hotels around the Americas; from Canada to Chile/Argentina. Some staff of hotels try to show that they are helpful to make your stay a comfortable one but you can easily see it being fake. I rarely see that at Marriott brand hotels. Then comes to this jewel called SpringHill Suites Norfolk Virginia Beach, Virginia. Due to flight of my niece from Norfolk Naval Air Station and shipment of her car to a foreign destination, I chose this hotel for our stay; two rooms for a 24 hour stay. Amazingly, the staff bend backward and every which way to make our tight schedule an absolute joy.
This is my very first review after 40 years of travel but I owe the staff of this fine hotel a few minutes of my time to write this review as form of thank you. Camran

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Dawn A, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Norfolk Virginia Beach, responded to this review, 11 October 2013
Hello Camran,

Thank you so much for your kind words regarding the hotel and our staff! I am so pleased to hear such positive feedback!

Best of luck to your daughter and we hope to see you again in the near future!

All the best,
Dawn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Chesapeake, Virginia
Reviewed 23 September 2013

I've stayed in several Marriott properties and all of them are great -- this one is no exception! Friendly staff checked me in, the front desk promptly brought me items I forgot, breakfast was yummy the next morning and everyone was very pleasant all the way around. You can tell that the management takes pride in maintaining a well-run hotel and truly wants your stay to be a good one. The décor and rooms were very nice and comfortable too. Location is very convenient to all area attractions. Overall excellent hotel and great stay!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Dawn A, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Norfolk Virginia Beach, responded to this review, 25 September 2013
Good Morning Lisa,

Thank you so much for staying with us. We are so happy that the staff took took great care of you. We take great pride at the SpringHill Suites on making sure our rooms and public spaces are kept clean and fresh.

We certainly hope to see you again when you are in town!

Key West, Florida
Reviewed 11 September 2013

Recently stayed at hotel for family event. The hotel is beautiful, love the fountain in the lobby! Front desk staff at check in were very nice and helpful explaining about the breakfast bar and the hours. Breakfast bar was more than expected, they def put out a spread! Everyone we encountered during our stay was nice and very helpful! Love this hotel!!!!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Dawn A, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Norfolk Virginia Beach, responded to this review, 12 September 2013
Hi Dawn,

Thank you for staying with us! I am so glad you enjoyed the hotel, we have a great front desk staff and I am happy you had a great experince with them as well. Our new breakfast definitely offers a variety to please all!

Thank you for the feednack!

Hope to see you again in Norfolk!
Key West, Florida
Reviewed 11 September 2013

First of all this hotel is GORGEOUS! The staff there was very accommodating, we had a lot of questions about the area and they were very helpful. They offer a breakfast buffet in the morning, which has a great variety. Not to mention there's a Ruby Tuesdays within walking distance of the hotel. The rooms were very modern and comfortable. I will be staying at this hotel again in the future!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Hi Jordan,

Thank you for the kind words about the SpringHill, we take a lot of pride in our guests and keeping the hotel clean. I am gald you were able to enjoy the convenience of Ruby Tuesday's being right next door.

Certainly hope to see you again soon!!
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 10 September 2013 via mobile

Overall great hotel. Very clean and comfortable. Our room was lovely. I wish the front desk staff had control over the rack rates as I really needed a double but had to take a king because of a $40 price difference.

Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Hello,

Thank you for staying with us! I am glad the room was comfortable and you enjoyed the hotel.

We hope to see you again when traveling to Norfolk!

Warmly,
Dawn
Virginia
Reviewed 5 September 2013

My husband and I recently spent three nights at the SpringHill Suites for the Rock 'n' Roll Half Marathon. We arrived late the day we checked in, and were quickly provided a room on a high floor (5th of six floors at this property), which we requested when we had made our reservation. When we first walked into our room, we were immediately impressed by the size of our room. There was plenty of space for my husband and I to spread out, which was much appreciated while relaxing after running the race.

Throughout our stay, we had several requests and each time we approached the front desk with a question the staff was quickly and easily able to assist us - everything from having extra towels delivered to our room, to letting us borrow scissors to work on completing our race day outfits, to providing great suggestions for local pizza delivery. It was clear that the front desk staff here is well trained and prepared to assist guests.

The only small hiccup that occurred during our stay was that our room wasn't cleaned on our second full day at the hotel. The maid came by our room at 12 noon, shortly after we returned to the hotel from the race, and we told the maid that we'd be out of the room within 30 minutes. She never returned to clean the room though.

However, when we checked out the next morning the general manager, Dawn, was assisting us. When she asked us how our stay was and we told her about the lack of room cleaning, she immediately took one night's charge off of our tab. This certainly wasn't necessary, but Dawn made it clear that she wanted to make up for the maid's shortfall. We've had stays at other hotels where our room has failed to have been cleaned, but not once before have we felt as though hotel management wanted to make up for its shortfall like Dawn did. We greatly appreciate Dawn's efforts, as well as the efforts of the entire front desk staff, and the next time we return to the Virginia Beach/Norfolk area we will definitely consider staying at SpringHill Suites again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Dawn A, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Norfolk Virginia Beach, responded to this review, 8 September 2013
Thank you so much for your response! I am glad you enjoyed our spacious rooms.
It was a pleasure meeting both of you. I am glad that the front desk was able to assist you. We hope to see you next time when traveling to Norfolk/Virginia Beach.
Quincy, Massachusetts
Reviewed 4 September 2013

First time staying at this property. Was greeted by Nicole who has one of the best personalities I've come across.
Was with my 7 year old grandson who also loved the hotel.
Only an hour away from Busch Gardens and 1/2 hour from Virginia Beach.
Breakfast was great, saved us a lot of money at Busch Gardens, a little early but there's a Denneys across the street if you can get over the highway.
Ruby Tuesdays and a bank litterally next door.
Already planning on going back next year.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Dawn A, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Norfolk Virginia Beach, responded to this review, 5 September 2013
Annette,

Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback. I happy you enjoyed your stay with us. Nicole is amazing and happy to have her with us. We certainly hope to see you back the next time you are in town!!