“You won't want to miss staying here...”

SpringHill Suites by Marriott Norfolk Virginia Beach
Ranked #5 of 37 Hotels in Norfolk
Reviewed 29 January 2014

I travel between 50 - 70,000 miles a year as a consultant and can count on one hand the number of times I truly felt welcomed at a hotel. Well, the Springhill Suites Norfolk/Virginia Beach has just surpassed all other hotels by the warm welcome and willingness to go above and beyond! Dawn Anderson was amazing and bent over backwards to make a bad travel day (airline delays/cancellations) end with a pleasurable stay. The entire staff was accommodating from the shuttle driver to the maintenance personnel. This location is convenient and vibrant with amenities for every traveler. A huge thanks to everyone for making my stay memorable in every way possible. If you are in Norfolk you should reserve a room at the Springhill Suites on Newtown Rd.

Room Tip: The King bed suite is huge and roomy. Book a high floor for a great view of the town.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Dawn A, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Norfolk Virginia Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2014

Dear Brian,

Thank you for the feedback!! It was a pleasure meeting you! I am so happy to hear we were able to make your bad day of traveling better! Our goal is to provide excellent service and product!!

I will share these great comments with my staff!!

Hope to see you again when you are in Norfolk!

Reviewed 21 January 2014

Springhill Suites Norfolk Virginia Beach is as the name suggests on the road from Norfolk to Virginia Beach, an easy commute to either area. Our king suite had a comfortable bed and large sofa with cushions. Decor was nicely done with pleasant pastels. There was a partition between the bed area and sofa area with a small flat screen TV that could be rotated between areas, but there was no door to block light between the two areas. The room also had a very small food prep area with microwave, coffee maker, refrigerator, and sink; only large enough to prepare small snacks. The bathroom was spacious and clean, quite usable, but some of the hardware needed maintenance. On our first night we discovered a stain of indeterminate origin on the fitted sheet of the bed just before going to sleep. The problem was corrected when we informed housekeeping the next morning. Wifi coverage was very good throughout the hotel. Breakfast was excellent including fresh fruit, scrambled eggs, sausages, cereal, yogurt, and juice. Despite minor problems we'll most likely stay here again when we visit the Hampton Roads area. It's a great value.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dawn A, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Norfolk Virginia Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2014

Good Morning,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us on Trip Advisor. I am happy to hear the room was comfortable and you enjoyed our new breakfast.

I will share with my staff, thank you again!

We certainly hope to see you again when in town.

Make it a great week!

Reviewed 21 January 2014

It's not always easy traveling with a group of young athletes in a travel league, however Springhill Suites made the trip enjoyable. The clean spacious rooms and a staff dedicated to their guest's experience was a delight. I travel frequently and a 5 star review is awfully hard to achieve! However, this property earned it!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Good Morning,

WOW thank you so much for the 5 star review!! We are so happy you were able to enjoy the staff and the hotel while here for your tournament.

I will share these positive comments with my staff.

We hope to see you again when in Norfolk/Va. Beach

Reviewed 17 January 2014

Stay here for a business trip (5 days/4 nights). The rooms were spacious, clean and comfortable. I had more than enough room to stretch out and enjoy myself. The Wi-Fi internet access was very simple to connect (free) and the speed was quick.

The free breakfast in the morning was a treat. There was variety between hot/cold and there was plenty for all. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I would stay again - recommended.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Dawn A, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Norfolk Virginia Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2014

Good Morning,

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor. We are happy you chose to stay at the SpringHill Suites for your business trip. I am glad you found the room spacious to relax and also enjoyed our breakfast.

We hope you will stay with us the next time you are in town.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

I had the pleasure of spending Christmas 2013 at Springhill Suites. My wife and I were visiting family in the area and this hotel was well located for us during this season. I was extremely happy with all aspects of our visit. The property is in excellent condition and beautifully appointed. Everything was clean and inviting. The staff was extraordinary in being attentive, friendly and helpful.

We travel a great deal for business and have experienced hotels all over the US and several foreign countries. This hotel is at the top of my list of locations that I will go back to visit if I am back in the area. The Marriott properties are always my favorite but this one leads the list.

Room Tip: The higher floors have a nice view of the area.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Dawn A, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Norfolk Virginia Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2014

HI Terry,

Thank you so much for your review. We are happy you chose to stay with us during the Christmas Holiday. I will share this with my staff. I am glad you all could relax in our rooms and enjoy the holiday season!

We hope to see you again when in town.

Reviewed 30 December 2013

After driving 15 hours from Florida it was Very Nice to receive a Warm Welcome and Easy check-in on Christmas night. The Breakfast was Healthy and Nutritious with Plenty of Choices!!!! The gym and hot tub was Very clean and Relaxing!!!!!!! The staff was Outstanding, Kind, and Caring. My 3 night stay was Very Quiet and Comfortable and will Most Definitely stay there again!!!! Happy New Year!!!! MM

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Michael M
Dawn A, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Norfolk Virginia Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2014

Happy New Year Michael!!

Thank you for your kind words. I am so happy you had a great stay during the holidays!!! I hope you enjoyed your holiday!! Hope you have a happy, healthy New Year!

Hope to see you again when you're in town!

Reviewed 20 December 2013 via mobile

Stayed over Thanksgiving when visiting family in the area. Staff was very friendly and accommodating. Location worked great as we need to visit both the Town Center are and beachfront area. Very convenient to 264 and other roadways. Will definitely stay again when we make our next visit to see family or even enjoy the beach.

Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank charleygop
Dawn A, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Norfolk Virginia Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2013

Good Morning,

Thank you so much for your comments. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay during Thanksgiving. We certainly hope to see you again!

Happy Holidays and a Happy New Year!