“Exceptional service!”

SpringHill Suites Norfolk Virginia Beach
Ranked #1 of 37 Hotels in Norfolk
“Exceptional service!”
Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

I was in town for business and ended up having to stay overnight unexpectedly. I called Spring Hill Suites and spoke with Dawn who remembered me as a frequent traveler (over 5 years ago) when I worked for my previous company. Dawn had a room available for me and helped me find a store nearby to buy essentials for my stay since I had nothing packed. When I'm back in the area I will definitely stay here again. Thanks you!

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dawn A, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Norfolk Virginia Beach, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Hi Renee,

Thank you for the very nice review!! I am glad I was able to assist you while you were in town!!

Hope to see you again soon!!

Dawn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 16 April 2014

verbatim from my note to their GM: My room's AC did not work (cool); Called 0 and asked for a new room. Was sent "technician" who tried but was unable after telling me it was OK. Reiterated my request for new room and was told to come downstairs. I replied asking for someone to bring me a new key which was received with a sigh. Got my new room, 212, and was happy untill next morning.
The shower drain was very very slow. During the shower water rose to my ankles and the inside curtain being at least 6" too long, i could not help but wonder how clean this was from prior showers. I'm not germofobe but am acutely aware of where problem areas can occur since hotel rooms is my life.

Hello Mpoirier57,

Thank you for your feedback. I know we spoke in person and my deepest apologies again for not exceeding your expectations. I am so happy you will be giving the SpringHill Suites another chance.

We strive to be the best product and service in Norfolk.

See you soon!

Goldsboro, North Carolina
Reviewed 16 April 2014

I am a frequent business traveler to the Norfolk area and this has become my preferred property to book for any stay. The hotel is like new, very clean and centrally located in the Hampton Roads area. On my most recent stay last week, I walked to the counter to check in and the manager simply handed me my room key and indicated she had seen me through the window pulling into the parking lot. I didn't even have to put my bags down and just kept walking to the elevators. The entire staff is very accommodating. The breakfast is always hot with a wide variety of fresh items. Wi-Fi service is free throughout the property and very fast. There is even a Ruby Tuesday (also new) in the front parking lot which makes evening meals a simple walk out the front door. Suites are spacious - during the summer my family often accompanies me and goes to Busch Gardens while I work. Two thumbs up!

Room Tip: Exercise room is spacious with a few treadmills and small set of dumb bells / free weights. However...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Hello John H,

Thank you for your review!! It is always a pleasure having you stay with us. We look forward to having you with us during the summer with your family.

See you soon!!

Norfolk, Virginia
Reviewed 14 April 2014

My name is Karl Thomas... I have stayed at sprillhill on newton rd. On more then one occasion. .. It was a pleasure. To stay. Check in was easy. Room was clean and smelled fresh.. The water fall it's a mind easier...This time I stayed in room 214.. and smile by a helpful employee by the name of Q.. she let me know it was togo plates cuz I was rushin to wrk was go pass that go breakfast up. ..a smile from the desk to the room..THKX SPRILLHILL.

• Stayed April 2014
Dawn A, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Norfolk Virginia Beach, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
HI Karl,

Thank you so much for your review!!! We are happy to hear that your stay with us was a pleasurable one. Q is a great asset and our staff strives to provide the best service and product in the Norfolk/Va. Beach area.

We certainly hope to see you again!!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 4 April 2014

i have to admit that the room wasn't the cleanest but Nina Woodward went so far out of her way to help that i overlooked the fact that the physical experience wasn't perfect. Every one who works at this hotel went above and beyond to be warm and friendly.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dawn A, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Norfolk Virginia Beach, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
HI Sandy K,

Thank you for your review! I want to apologize for the room not being up to our standards, I have addressed this with my team. We strive to be the best hotel in Norfolk.

We are very lucky to have Nina on our team. I will share your praises with her!

We hope to see you again when in Norfolk!

Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed 31 March 2014

We had my teenaged daughter's birthday party in the ballroom and stayed overnight. The ballroom was set up beautifully, the staff were friendly and accommodating, and the rooms were clean and comfortable. The lobby and breakfast area are beautiful and inviting and everyone had a wonderful time! Thank you Springhill Suites on Newtown Road! We will definitely come back!

• Stayed March 2014
Dawn A, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Norfolk Virginia Beach, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Dear Bafuller,

Thank you for posting a review! We are delighted your daughter had a wonderful birthday party in our meeting space.

Thank you for your business and we hope to see you again!!

Stafford, Virginia
Reviewed 31 March 2014

On 25 Mar 2014, during a business trip, had a two night stay at SpringHill Suites. I travel 5 to 6 times a year and only use the Marriot brand hotels. Upon arriving I call and explain that I would be late. I was informed no worries and my room would be ready. After arriving I was greeted by one of the most professional staff member that I have every met. Her name was Nina. Without even asking, she provide me information concerning the hotel and local area. Her professionalism is unmatched by any I have came in contact with over the years. Nina,not only checked me in but also i drop my jacket outside a staff member found it. Nina give me a called in my room and asked did I lose a jacket. I stated yes she had it brought up to me room. During this phone call she asked how was my room and did I need anything. Nina is a wonderful and caring person. As a manager myself, I know went a employee is sincere, Nina was sincere about her job and the care of travelers. 3 words for the hotel and its staff: Outstanding, Outstanding, Outstanding!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Dear Bagman2013,

Thank you so much for posting this wonderful review!! Nina is a true asset to our team!! I am glad you were able to get your coat back as well.

I will be sharing your review during our daily huddle tomorrow!!

We hope to see again when you are in Norfolk, thank you for tour business!!