“Convenient in VB”

SpringHill Suites by Marriott Norfolk Virginia Beach
Ranked #5 of 37 Hotels in Norfolk
Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

My family and I were recent guests of the SpringHill Suites on Newtown Road this Spring. We were in need of a quick place to stay near family in the area and this hotel was in a perfect location, being right off the highway within 20 minutes of downtown Norfolk and the VB Oceanfront. Check-in was a breeze and the associates were all friendly and helpful in answering questions about our stay and the general area. The hotel itself was newly upgraded. It is conveniently located across the street from a Ruby Tuesday's that delivered food, right next to several banks, and within minutes of fast food places, Wal-Mart, Rite-Aid, and CVS. The lobby was very nice with a fountain and plenty of seating which gave a nice appeal whenever entering. The room itself was kept nicely. The furniture and decor were new and the television was HD including all the regular cable channels. There was complimentary breakfast every morning including hot foods and fresh fruit. I really enjoyed my stay. I was so grateful to find this place with such short notice. This hotel will definitely be one that I refer travelers for the Norfolk/Virginia Beach area.

Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank SarahJill I
Dawn A, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Norfolk Virginia Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Good Morning SarahJill1,

Thank you for your feedback. I am happy to hear your last minute trip to Norfolk/Va Beach was a great experience. We have lots to do around the hotel and glad you were able to enjoy the attractions. I will share all of your feedback with the team.

We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 4 June 2014

The hotel staff was incredibly friendly from the moment we checked in. The room was spacious and clean, and we loved that the windows opened to let in a little fresh air. The hot breakfast every morning was delicious! The best part was the hotel staff letting us know about the courtesy shuttle within a 5 mile radius. We were in town for a wedding, and they were able to drop us off and pick us back up! Not having to spend the extra money on cab fare was very appreciated.

The day we left I realized an hour into our trip home that I had left my tablet in the room. I called and Nina was very helpful and understanding. She immediately started the process to have it shipped to me via FedEx. It was sent next day with no hassle. The entire staff has been very helpful and responsive every time I've called with questions or concerns about the transit of my device.

Overall this was one of the best hotel experiences we have had in a long time. The location is convenient, the staff was incredible, and the food and service were outstanding. I don't think I can say enough wonderful things about our experience!

Room Tip: We liked having a room between two storage areas ;)
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mamasmrf22

Hello Mamasmrf22,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review! We are so happy to hear about your wonderful experience. The shuttle is definitely a big amenity that our guests love when coming in to town. I hope the wedding was a great time and we hope to see you again!

Reviewed 30 May 2014

This hotel was exactly what I was looking for. The staff was friendly, my daughter loved the indoor pool, the room was comfortable and breakfast was included. We will definitely be back. Dawn was especially helpful to us.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank shannon f
Dawn A, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Norfolk Virginia Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Hi Shannon,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review! It was my pleasure to assist you! I am glad that you and your daughter enjoyed the pool and were able to relax.

We certainly hope to have you stay with us again when in the area!

Reviewed 29 May 2014

We stayed at Springhill suites Memorial day weekend for a national wrestling duals at the Va beach Convention center.. Our families Loved the Springhill suites, The rooms were very spacious, the staff was very friendly and the hotel was always clean. The breakfast was awesome

2  Thank Thomas M

HI Thomas,

Thank you for your review! I am happy you enjoyed your room and the staff made you feel at home. We strive to provide the best product and service in the Norfolk/Va. Beach area.

Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 25 May 2014

Being a previous Marriott employee, I expect nothing but the best. I stayed at this location for my travel business as a property to send my clients. When I arrived I was greeted by "Marion" who wore a big smile on his face. As I waited, I checked the decor in the lobby. As always, it was too be expected from Marriott. I received the keys and headed to my room. I arrived at room 313 which the keys didn't work. I returned downstairs to "Marion" who was ready to help me. He apologized. I went back and opened the door, there were people already in the room. I am glad no one was showering or enjoying themselves (lol). Now I'm back at the counter again with "Marion". This time he changes the room to 618. The room had minor flaws such as the security lock (deadbolt), and parts to the tub sitting on the side. The air when on is very noisy. Otherwise, the room was room enough for a family of 4 comfortably. Breakfast is free with your stay. It included waffles, eggs, sausage, muffins, cereal, juice, cake, fruit and other options. Breakfast may vary daily. I can not remember the names of the employees in this area. However, I can say they were what Customer service is all about. This was a great location. I ventured around to the Walmart, Dollar tree, Farm fresh etc. All within a short drive. It took me approximately 10-15 minutes to the Oceanfront. Overall, I will definitely recommend my clients to stay here.

Room Tip: I suggest the rooms facing the lovely green field in the back. The front of the hotel faces the Navy...
1  Thank Poohpaige
Dawn A, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Norfolk Virginia Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Hello Poohpaige,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review! I am so sorry the first set of keys didnt work and Marlon was able to be of assistance to you. I am happy to hear you will be referring guests our way.

Thank you for staying with us and hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 22 May 2014

Dawn was great help with booking my reservation for my families vacation at Virginia Beach! The team atmosphere was great at this location. Very friendly and inviting staff! Great place to stay, Springhill Suites is a great brand for traveling with families!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Janine P
Dawn A, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Norfolk Virginia Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

Hi Janine,

It was my pleasure to book you and your family's reservation! I am so happy to hear you all had a great time in Virginia Beach.

Thank you for posting a review, and we hope to see you again in Norfolk / Virginia Beach soon!

Reviewed 21 May 2014

I shopped around a few places for my team to stay in Virginia Beach before settling on the Springhill Suites. Everyone loved it. We were comfortable and well fed at breakfast. The staff is super friendly and went above and beyond as we took care of scanning tests we proctored for our students so we could send them back to professors in Santa Barbara. That's just one example but it's certainly a full service effort at this hotel.

Room Tip: They were all good but if you like to look out on grass ask for a room on the backside of the hotel.
2  Thank ev00rams

Hi Coach,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review! I am happy to hear everyone had a wonderful stay and enjoyed our wonderful breakfast!

We certainly hope to see you next year!!

All the best,