“My Home Away from Home”

Ranked #1 of 37 Hotels in Norfolk
St. Louis
“My Home Away from Home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

I can always rely on the hotel to meet and exceed my expectations when I am staying with them. They team members are so pleasant and the rooms are always great. It is my go to hotel in the area and close to the all of the fun attractions.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Jen U
Dawn A, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Norfolk Virginia Beach, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Hello Jenn U,

Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor. I am so happy to hear we exceeded your expectations during your stay! I am happy you found the hotel convenient to local attractions.

We hope to see you again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

My family and I just left this location on our trip to VA Beach. The pros: the hotel was minutes from the beach and located just exits away from the mall and other shopping conveniences. The staff is so friendly and accommodating. Always answer with a smile and do whatever they can to make your stay pleasant. The free breakfast is very good, compared to most hotel free breakfast!

Now the cons and the reason my family probably would not stay at this location again. The rooms look nice on first glance but after closer inspection that are not cleaned very well. Toliet paper, facial tissue all replacement towels are not stocked regularly like in most hotels. We found a bug crawling in the bed. The air conditioner did not really work in the hallways so it seem rather hot compared to the rooms. The tub was stained, I guess from either a bath mat or some surfer that left a dirt stain... The pool was a little suspect as far as cleanliness too. The hot tub was broken, yet still on with sand and dirt flowing around in it and a small un-noticeable sign that says temporarily out of order. There was only ONE person at the front desk and that person had to do EVERYTHING!!! Ridiculous!!! (But they stayed pleasant and kind!!!)

In summary, pay more attention to Housekeeping!!!

6 Thank 875kendral
Dawn A, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Norfolk Virginia Beach, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Hello Kendra L,

Thank you for posting a review on Trip Advisor. I apologize about your room issues, we use this as real training and we have addressed this with our housekeeping team.

I am glad the staff treated you well while staying with us.

We certainly hope to see you again!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

Excellent experience from booking to checkout. This team of hospitality staff know how to make a family welcome and a provide a stay that is very comfortable. Attentive to our needs and polite. Thank you and see you again.

1 Thank Cttyer
Dawn A, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Norfolk Virginia Beach, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Hi Casey,

Thank you for your Trip Advisor posting. I am so happy you enjoyed our spacious suites and were able to enjoy our breakfast as well.

We hope to see you again soon!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

My son and I stayed here for a recent visit and we had a King suite. I had the King and my 12 year old son had the pullout and it was perfect for him. The staff was great from front desk, maid service and breakfast crew. The hotel is very clean, stylish and vibrant. My king size bed and pillows were extremely comfortable

BTW, I am normally a Hilton guy but found this hotel to be awesome.

My only small issue is that there is 1 TV for a two room suite. It was either I watch TV or my son in the other room watched TV. Needless to say I watched TV.

Good Job Springhill Suites Norfolk VA Beach.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank p3tron64
Dawn A, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Norfolk Virginia Beach, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Dear P3tron64:

Good Morning! We really appreciate your review! I am gad you gave the SpringHill Suites by Marriott a try and loved it.

Our King suites are spacious and so happy you and your son had a good nights rest.

We certainly hope to see you again when in the Norfolk/Va Beach area.

Derby, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

We had a great expierence at SpringHill Suites. The staff was very kind and unbelievably friendly. The rooms are clean and spacious. The breakfast was delicious and fresh. The location was fantastic and they truly left a huge impression on us. We will be staying here again!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank oduharkie
Dawn A, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Norfolk Virginia Beach, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Dear oduharkie,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor. I am so glad you enjoyed the delicious hot breakfast and our spacious suites. We certainly hope to see you again.

Waco, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

You arrive and the outside has blooming magnolias which small wonderful. Greeted by friendly staff and directed to your room. The room was spacious and the kitchette was just the right size. Bed was comfortable. The only thing that was only a minor bump was the maintence guy didn't know how to trouble shoot the whirlpool not working and there was a wait for him to call and find out what to do.
I would recommend this hotel and stay again myself.

Dear Harleygal2006:

Thank you for taking the time to post a review! I am so sorry about the spa, we had a motor go bad and have since replaced...We hope you can stay again so you may enjoy it next time.

Happy to hear the staff took great care of you while you were with us.

All the best,
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

The hotel and the staff are amazingly friendly, the rooms are spacious and clean. My family and I were able to relax and enjoy the pool. The breakfast was hot and such a wonderful variety. Will definitely be back to stay at this hotel!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dear ashleybri:

Thank you for your review! We are always happy to hear when families can stay with us and relax. I am sure your son loved swimming in the pool.

Hope to see you again when you are in the area!