“Military Training / Family Getaway” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of SpringHill Suites Norfolk Virginia Beach

SpringHill Suites Norfolk Virginia Beach
Ranked #1 of 37 Hotels in Norfolk
Frederick, Maryland
“Military Training / Family Getaway”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

Recently had training for the military in Virginia Beach and wanted to bring my family along. This was one of the best hotels around w/a resonable price for 2 adults and 2 children. The staff was so polite, helpful and hospitable. We drove for almost 4 hrs to get there and the young lady I spoke to at the front desk was such a blessing. I wish I could remember her name, it was unique I will say, but pretty. She went out of her way to help my family and I in the midst of the stress I was already dealing w/from the military and I thank her for that. Her and I related some in regards to "moving around" (that might ring a bell). The breakfast was always hot and great. The staff was courteous and helpful. My family really enjoyed the pool and the gym area. We will definitely stay there again if we're in the area (which I know we will be). The hotel itself is clean and put together very nice.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dawn A, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Norfolk Virginia Beach, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Dear BlessedSM,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I am so happy to hear that after a long day of travel that Bronte was able to assist in putting smiles on your faces.

I will share your kind words with the team.

We certainly hope to see you again at the SpringHill Suites Norfolk / Virginia Beach.

Take Care,
Dawn Anderson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

ROBYN FULLER SENIOR SALES MANAGER WAS WHO BOOKED ME IN. HE WAS A GREAT HELP AND RECOMMEND HIS HELP. My family and I book the hotel across the street LA Quinta Inn originally. It is the worse hotel you can stay in. moldy rooms, no refrigerators, microwave, everyone sits by the front desk for breakfast. the rooms are horrible. we went across to an amazing hotel springhill suite marriott. the rooms are huge. The staff is great the hotel and grounds are clean. breakfast is great.everything in the rooms are new. its 15min to beach,zoo,shopping etc. CHOOSE THIS HOTEL YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT. i GIVE IT 5 STARS. MR R. FULLER MY FAMILY AND I THANK YOU FOR MAKING OR VACATION ONE TO REMEMBER.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear FIZAL K,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I will share these words with the team. I am happy to hear you and your family enjoyed our spacious suites and our wonderful breakfast.

Robyn Fuller is a true asset to our team.

We certainly hope to see you again when travelling to Norfolk / Virginia Beach.

Dawn Anderson
Lansing, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

This hotel was SOO nice! My husband and I recently had a really bad experience in a hotel and were nervous about staying at another one. This hotel was really nice. Everything was very stylish and up to date and the rooms were clean, spacious, and really comfortable. We even had a couch! The bed was a total dream compared to the last place we were at! The only thing I wish was that it wasn't $150 a night. I can understand that though as it is a nice hotel and in a nice location.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Dawn A, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Norfolk Virginia Beach, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Hello Nicole16893,

Than you for your kind words regarding your last stay with us. I am happy to hear you had a great time and were able to enjoy the hotel and the area.

We certainly hope to see you again soon.

Raleigh
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

We arrived on a Friday evening, and the lobby of the hotel was very stylist and well maintained. When we got to the room is had a slightly unpleasant odor, and was not exactly clean. We didn't notice until the next day that there were ants in the bathroom and crawling all over the carpet. When I went to the front desk to inform them of the problem, she didn't seem too worried and offered to have to maintenance manager come up and spray. Long story short we asked for another room which was nearly impossible due to a fairly large party that had checked in prior to us. The manager of the hotel insisted that since the room was on the highest floor that there would be the least amount of ants....After getting another room that had been more thoroughly cleaned, we were alright for the duration of our stay. I wouldn't say it's the worst hotel I have encountered, but it was no where near the best and we will not be returning.

• Stayed July 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Location
      Cleanliness
Hello kaleybee,

Thank you so much for your feedback. I have shared your comments with my staff. We also had our exterminating company come out and resolve the ant issue as well.

We certainly strive to provide the best product and service in the Norfolk area and hope you will stay with us again.

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

I have mixed emotions about Springhill Suites, Norfolk. We stayed at this hotel July 8th through July 13th; reserving 2 rooms, one for ourselves and the other for my brother and sister in-law. What I liked most about this hotel was the location. Springhill Suites Norfolk is minutes from the beach, downtown Norfolk waterfront and shopping Malls. The hotel lobby is designed and decorated very nice and the staff was friendly, and they have a great breakfast buffet. However there were some cons to our stay that we began noticing right away. First off, the temperature inside the elevator was extremely hot and smelled like dirty pool water for our entire stay. The rooms were nicely decorated but after closer inspection you could tell they had not been cleaned very well. The sheets on the beds had not been changed, and our toilet seat was not cleaned and falling off the hinges. We had to make a quick trip to Wal Mart for cleaning supplies and my husband fixed the toilet. The staff was sum-what accommodating; they brought up clean linen and towels for both rooms, but they didn’t offer to remake the beds. In my in-laws room the air conditioning unit was not cooling properly and the room had a steady trail of ants. In our room, we noticed every evening after the occupants above us took a shower there would be a puddle of water accumulating on our bathroom floor and water soaking the carpet in the bed room. We reported the incident to the front desk multiple times and the maintenance man did come to suck up the water and leave a high powered fan to dry the carpet but that was only for one day, the other days we were forced to lay towels and hop over the wet carpet. Judging by the mold in the bathroom ceiling I suspect the water leak has been going on for a while (see pictures). And then there’s the indoor pool, which was nothing short of a health hazard. There were unattended children and the water looked like it had “oil slicks” floating on top.

Hotel management did comp one night for the room with ants, but we are still waiting to see how we are going to be accommodated for having to put up with a soggy carpet.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Hello Monica H,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. My sincere apologies regarding the ants and also for the unexpected leak that occurred. We have rectified the issues and I would love to have the opportunity to discuss with you further.

Please feel free to give me a call at 757.333.3100.

We certainly appreciate your business and hope to see you again.

Odenton, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

We usually stay at only Hilton properties but a relative suggested this location. Not being frequenters of Marriott properties we weren't sure what to expect. But we were pleasantly surprised at the over sized rooms with the divider wall. It's nice to have a real living area and mini frig/microwave bar area to store our food.

The hotel was very clean and comfortable and the staff was great! The breakfast bar was perfect and had a nice selection. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dawn A, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Norfolk Virginia Beach, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Dear PizzaKat,

Thank you so much for your kind comments. I will certainly share this with the team. I am glad your enjoyed our large suites and the new breakfast.

Hope to see you again soon.

Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

This is a value for money large suite hotel and you get what you pay for and what you expect. The rooms are large and clean and the complex is central to motorways etc. Would recommend. Think gym and pool poor - check in staff very nice - and you need a car to get anywhere. Think it's good rather than very good but better than average.

Stayed July 2014
Dear MartinBOX78,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I am glad you were able to enjoy our spacious suites.

We strive to provide the best service and product in the area.