“Fun, Football, Family & Friends!!”

SpringHill Suites Norfolk Virginia Beach
Ranked #1 of 37 Hotels in Norfolk
Baltimore, Maryland
“Fun, Football, Family & Friends!!”
Reviewed 20 August 2014

I am a springhill regular guest. I visit many springhill properties from north to south. I was very pleased with this particular property. The staff was very helpful. There may have been a few mishaps and issues but the staff was very accomadating to address all the matters as best as they could. I would like to especially recognize Charles and Nina who were very pleasant and helpful. I would also like to say that the housekeeper I had on the sixth floor during the weekend of 08/15 was great. She was very warm, pleasant, and attentive to all our needs. Sorry, I cannot recall her name at this moment. The breakfast staff was very pleasant also. Our football team enjoyed our stay and we see you again soon.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Dawn A, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Norfolk Virginia Beach, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Dear blackhawks4life,

We greatly appreciate you posting a review. I have shared with the staff and especially Charles and Nina your praises.

We hope to have you all back with us next time when you are in town!

Take care,
Dawn Anderson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
California, Maryland
Reviewed 19 August 2014

The hotel and staff are superb! Everyone from the van driver to the general manager made our business travelers feel welcome and well cared for. I contacted the hotel several times over the course of a few weeks constantly changing and adding to the block of reservations. Each change was met with professionalism and competency. Robyn is wonderful - I would definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Dear TinaK,

Thank you for your review. It was a pleasure meeting you and thank you for allowing us to serve your groups lodging needs.

Robyn is definitely a huge asset to our team.

We hope we can serve all of your future lodging needs!

Gaithersburg, Maryland
Reviewed 18 August 2014

I am longtime Marriott customer and this is one of the worst Marriott experiences I have ever had. The first sleeping room I was given had hair in the tub, the refrigerator was not clean and the floor had not been vacuumed as there was leftover food on the floor. I went to the drug store and bought Lysol and Clorox wipes as I did not want my asthmatic 7 year old exposed to the dirt. Then it occurred to me, why am I buying cleaning supplies and cleaning a room that I am paying to stay in? I went down to the front desk to report the uncleanliness and was offered to move to another room. While packing my things up to move to the new room the housekeeping manager came up to apologize and to inform me that she personally checked the cleanliness of the room to which I was moving to and this made me feel better. That is until I got my belongings in the new room and discovered hair in the tub and the trash can full of trash.

At this point I'd rather sleep in my car then in this filth.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear crystalbrooks11,

Thank you for your review. I am so sorry to hear about all of your issues during your stay.

I will address all of these with the team and we certainly hope you will give us another try.

We strive to provide the best service and product in the Norfolk / Va. Beach area.

Dawn
Norfolk
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Picture this - a tranquil waterfall as you enter the hotel; warm and friendly hotel staff; upholstered seats in the open dining area; cleanliness throughout the facility! Springhill Suites (Norfolk, VA) has all of this!

The young lady who checked us in on Saturday 8/16 around 5pm was such a pleasure! She was courteous and helpful - so sorry I am blanking on her name. Charles and Nina were so friendly during our check out on 8/17.

We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed August 2014
Dear Immahelp,

Thank you for your review!! I am happy that you were able to enjoy our fountain, we are the only SpringHill to have this feature.

I have also shared with Nina and Charles your praises.

We hope to see you again next year!

Hamilton, null, Bermuda
Reviewed 14 August 2014

On behalf of Bishop Neville Smith and the Radnor Road Christian Fellowship Church, please know that we really enjoyed our stay at your hotel for The Way, The Truth and the Life Ministry Conference. We found the staff especially Ms. Sheneda Hollis to be of excellence. The rooms were always cleaned on a timely basis and left ..
smelling fresh each time. The staff setting up the breakfast were also cheerful and always sharing a joke or two. They were very professional and very friendly.

The food prepared for our luncheon on the Saturday was awesome. Very delicious and very tasty. Thank you so much.

We will not hesitate to recommend this wonderful hotel to anyone wishing to vacation in Norfolk Virginia.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Hello Sharon A,

Thank you for your feedback. I am happy the Bishop had an enjoyable stay. I will let the breakfast staff know how at home you all felt.

Sheneda is a great asset to our team.

Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon!

Best,
Asheville, NC
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Wanted to send a quick note to let management know that Mary did an INCREDIBLE job taking care of my seminar room last month. She was super busy taking care of the huge crowd at breakfast, yet she still assured I had everything I needed in the seminar room. I'm impressed!

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Dawn A, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Norfolk Virginia Beach, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Dear sunhawkins,

Thank you very much for your post. I am so happy Mary took great care of you, she is a true asset to our team.

Thank you for your business and we hope to see you real soon.

Jacksonville Beach, Florida
Reviewed 9 August 2014

We slept great. Our room was cool and quiet. Wished the bathroom sink had the top on the pop-up drain strainer. The broken pop-up cover was lying on the counter near the faucet. Little things really make a difference.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Dawn A, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Norfolk Virginia Beach, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Dear TheGoBird,

Thank you for your feedback. I am happy you had a good night sleep and my sincere apologies about the bathroom stopper. I will address this with my team immediately.

We certainly appreciate your business and hope to see you again.