“Clean, comfortable, and friendly”

Residence Inn Norfolk Airport
Ranked #8 of 37 Hotels in Norfolk
Manteo, North Carolina
“Clean, comfortable, and friendly”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2013

We recently sayed here before an after flying to Washington for vacation. We were very happy with the accommodations. All of the rooms, to my knowledge, were suites with a seperate living area with sofa and small kitchen. The space was more than adequate. The rooms were clean and newly renovated. The staff was courteous and helpful. They arranged a shuttle to and from the airport while allowing us to leave our car in their parking lot. We felt that it was a nice perk that was included in the room price. A wonderful , and more than adequate, hot breakfast is provided from 6:30- 9:30 am. We will definately stay here again if we need a very early flight.

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank George C
Rachel C, Manager at Residence Inn Norfolk Airport, responded to this review, 17 September 2013
Dear George C,

Thank you very much for taking the time to let us know how happy you were with your accommodations at the Residence Inn Norfolk Airport! All of our rooms are suites and we are so happy to hear that your experience with us each time, before and after your flight to Washington that you were confortable. We thrive to ensure that all of our guests traveling on business or pleasure have a great experience. I will share your comments with the Staff, so they are aware that they exceeded your expectations.

Thank you very much for your business and we hope to see you back "Home" at the Residence Inn Norfolk Airport.

At your service,

Rachel Cadet
Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Richmond, VA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2013

This was my first stay at RI Norfolk Airport, and it was great! I always worry about noise when staying next to an airport, but it was very quiet. It's in a great location right off I-64 on Military Hwy, with many restaurants and shops nearby. Front desk staff took special care to place me in the right room, being a single female traveler. Breakfast was standard for RI, always enjoyable. A light meal is provided Monday through Wednesday nights which is good, as eating out alone is no fun! Dining area is currently being renovated but there were no issues. Room was clean, I love having the separate bedroom and living room, makes it feel more like home. All staff were friendly, saying hi whenever they saw me. I travel weekly around the state and will definitely stay here again when back in Norfolk.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank NicoleS0907
Rachel C, Manager at Residence Inn Norfolk Airport, responded to this review, 15 September 2013
Dear Nicole S0907,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write the review: "Great Business Stay!" The Residence Inn Norfolk Airport strives to be your only choice for lodging needs in our area. With a review like Great Business Stay, gives us many opportunities to also serve other Business Travelers that may visit the Norfolk area. Our staff is always delighted to know that they have ensured our valued guests with comfort and safety.

Thank you very much for your business! Should you need to set up accommodations for a future stay, please do not hesitate to contact us directly. We will take good care of you.....AGAIN!
Fayetteville, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2013

I have been coming to Norfolk for several years but this is the first time I have stayed here. This stay has been very pleasant and I will stay here in the future. It is clean and quiet and the staff is pleasant and enthusiastic.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Christi M, General Manager at Residence Inn Norfolk Airport, responded to this review, 9 September 2013
Dear Bill W:

Thank you very much for taking the time to write the review: "Clean, Quiet, and Nice!" We appreciate that you have choices for lodging when in Norfolk, the Residence Inn Norfolk Airport strives to be your only choice for lodging needs in our area. With a review like Clean, Quiet, and Nice, looks like we may have winning combination.

Thank you very much for your business! Should you need to set up accomodations for a future stay, please do not hesitate to contact us directly. We will take good care of you.....AGAIN!

Philadelphia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

I usually stay at La Quinta on Military Highway but due to their rapid increase in rates I checked my trusty Marriott membership and discovered Residence Inn just a block away. Upon entering the hotel you can see the upscale appearance and well dressed smiles behind the counter. I was greeted with generous amounts of laughter and enthusiastic energy that they (staff) was truly appreciative that I was staying at their hotel.

The rooms are suites and very well maintained. With a full kitchen and separate bedroom it was like a small apartment with a bonus pull out sleeper.

Give this hotel a try! The complimentary breakfast will definitely show other chains how breakfast should be done. Bravo to the hotel staff!

Room Tip: If you have kids or do laundry it is located on the third floor so get a room closer to the lobby ne...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Christi M, General Manager at Residence Inn Norfolk Airport, responded to this review, 5 September 2013
Dear NorthernVirgin1a:

Thank you very much for your very nice review of the Residence Inn Norfolk Airport. I greatly appreciate the time you took to rate our services so that other travelers venturing to our area will know what to expect when they select our hotel! I will share your comments with our entire staff tomorrow in our daily huddle!

We hope that we have now become your only choice for lodging in the Norfolk area!

Tipton, PA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

We stayed at here while visiting our son and his family over Labor Day weekend. Even though it is 20 minutes from VA Beach it was a good option due to the price. Plus, we weren't there to go to the beach. The one bedroom suite for a little over $100 a night after taxes and fees on Priceline was a great deal. Specially considering the "roach motel" on the beach was $200+ a night.
The pool was great for our three year old granddaughter to play in and the free breakfast was really good as a free breakfasts get. Unless, of course, you are at a bed and breakfast.
The only complaint I have about the property is that only 3 of 7 machines worked in the fitness center.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Tipton_Mike:

We are pleased to hear that our price and food was just right while visiting your family in our area! I am glad you were able to spend some quality time with your granchild in our hotel. The full kitchens and living areas you mentioned in the title of your review is a standard in every room and we have just about rounded up our guest room renovations. We hope that you enjoyed the new look!

I will have our Chief Engineer check the fitness center equipment to see if he can make some adjustments. We are expecting new equipment very soon to complete our renovations. I apologize greatly if this took you out of your routine.

We thank you very much for your business and hope to see you back home to the Residence Inn Norfolk Airport when you find yourself back in our area!

Columbia, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2013

I often choose the Residence Inn for its design and amenities for both personal and business travel. It always feels like home. This location had a billiard table--first time I've ever seen that in this brand. This visit was just my wife and I, but we will be bringing the kids with us on our next trip and staying here!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank jasonbulger
Christi M, General Manager at Residence Inn Norfolk Airport, responded to this review, 15 August 2013
Dear jasonbulger:

Thank you very much for taking the time out of your day to review our hotel. We greatly appreciate your comments. We are glad you were able to enjoy the billiard room, it is one of the many amenities that makes us different from other Residence Inn's. We are happy that you and your wife enjoyed your stay, and can not wait to have the entire family with us upon your return. Loyal, happy customers serviced by friendly, well trained associates is what we pride ourselves on.

Thank you very much for your business and we hope to see you back "Home" at the Residence Inn Norfolk Airport soon!

sincerely,

Ocean City, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2013

This has become my "go to" hotel when staying in Norfolk. I have stayed at several of the area hotels, primarily the Holiday Inn and the Hilton. I stayed here after I changed hotel brands from IHG to the Marriott. This is THE place for me. I do, though, like the one bedroom suites much more than the studios. Thank you, Residence Inn for making this recent stay as good as the last.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Dear Robert C,

Thank you so much for reviewing our hotel again! Testimonies from our repeat customers speaks volumes to the travelers searching for hotels in our area. We strive to be the number one choice for lodging in Norfolk, and we want to be YOUR home away from home when in our area. Thank you for your loyalty, you business is greatly appreciated. If there is anything we can do to make your stay more comfortable, please do not hesitate to contact me.