“Outstanding in every way”

Residence Inn by Marriott Norfolk Airport
Ranked #8 of 37 Hotels in Norfolk
Reviewed 2 April 2014

My wife and I cannot say enough good things about this extended stay
Marriott property. We chose to stay there for 10 weeks while major repairs
were being made to our condo apartment. Not only did the hotel manager, Ms.
Rachel Dorset, personally make us feel welcome but her entire "team" from
housekeeping to engineering to front desk to kitchen staff, all contributed
to making our stay not only enjoyable but even relaxing under what was for
us a very difficult an stressful time. The staff was always very courteous,
helpful, professional and, equally important, always cheerful to deal with.
The hotel has recently gone through some renovations and updates and our
room was both comfortable and clean. They have a very welcoming reception
area that has sofas and chairs situated around an inside/outside fireplace
where I spend many hours reading while drinking complimentary tea and hot
chocolate. Our rooms consisted of a large living room/kitchen with counter
top stove, full size fridge, dish washer, microwave, dining table, working
desk, comfortable furniture and flat screen TV. The bedroom was a separate
room with two queen size beds with a flat screen TV adjacent to a vanity and
separate shower/bath bathroom. An extensive hot buffet breakfast is served
each morning between 6:30 - 9:30 (7:00 - 10:00 on the weekends) and is
included in the room rate. In addition and also included in the rate and
available every Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday evenings from 6:00 - 7:30 is a
hot buffet that consists of fresh salad, entrée with two sides, an
assortment of soft drinks and dessert. Beer and wine are available for a
small charge. The food is good and plentiful and we were impressed with the
quality and freshness of it. Whether you are staying for just a few days or
for an extended period of time this is the place to stay. An added benefit
is that it is just minutes from the airport and the hotel offers
complimentary shuttle service to and from the airport. Kudos to Rachel and
her team for doing the Marriott brand proud and helping to maintain it as
the premier name in hotels and guest services.

Michael and Elsy M

Room Tip: If one prefers complete quiet we suggest a room that does not overlook the basketball/tennis court.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Rachel C, Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Norfolk Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Dear Mike_MVirginiaBeach,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review the Residence Inn Norfolk Airport! I can not thank you enough for the kind words you shared regarding your experience and the service we provide. I will share your wonderful comments with my team, I am so glad your encounters with our staff were memorable that they inspired you enough to share your experiences. We thrive each and everyday to ensure that all of our guests leave with a lasting impression. We will always have a room for you here at the Residence Inn Norfolk Airport!

Thank you very much for your loyalty, business, and heart.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

Great location near airport, shuttle serve, spotlessly clean. Last minute plans I booked the wrong Marriott. Upon arrival I was greeted by a young man at the front desk name Denzel. He took care of everything, called the other hotel and explained my error and prevented a no-show fee. He gave advice about a place for dinner and getting around Norfolk. Genuinely friendly and helpful, I was new to the area and he went above and beyond his job description to make things easy for me. I will return here next time the service he provided was outstanding!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Rachel C, Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Norfolk Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

Dear Clair G,

I appreciate the time you took to recognize an amazing associate! Like the rest of our TEAM, Denzel takes his customer service very seriously! I am so glad you experienced a warm welcome and he inspired you enough to post a review. We thrive each and everyday to ensure that all of our guests leave with a lasting impression.

Thank you very much for your business! We want to be your ONLY choice for lodging while in the Norfolk area. We want to continue to provide you with an experience that you deserve and that you rely on Marriott to deliver!

Reviewed 28 March 2014 via mobile

We were immediately greeted with a smile by Cheryl, who was very radiant and warm to us. The breakfast was outstanding, rooms were clean with comfortable bed and the service was wonderful! The manager, Christi, then sent a followup email to us asking about our stay which was very kind and professional. We will definitely be staying here again in the future.

• Stayed: March 2014
Rachel C, Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Norfolk Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2014

Dear Dinah G,

Thank you for taking the time to post your experience regarding your stay with us at the Residence Inn Norfolk Airport. I am so glad your welcome from Cheryl was warm, the room was comfortable and breakfast exceeded your expectations. We thrive each and everyday to ensure that all of our guests leave with a lasting impression.

We appreciate your business and loyalty. We want to be your only choice for lodging while in the Norfolk area.

Reviewed 22 March 2014

This hotel has all you need or want in a stay away from home. The rooms, lobby, and patio area are beautiful and very welcoming. All staff members are friendly and make you feel welcome to be there, even when you come down for breakfast in pajamas. All of our needs were met beyond expectations. I come to Norfolk, from Florida, every year for Spring Break to spend time with my son, who is a DOD employee. Residence Inn has the softest linens I have ever used at a hotel. Not only is the hotel conveniently located on Military Highway, where you can find anything you may need, but also it's a FANTASTIC place to retreat to. I will never need to look for another place to stay in Norfolk. This is it!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Christi M, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Norfolk Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Dear MLN000:

Thank you very much for taking the time to review the Residence Inn Norfolk Airport! I can not thank you enough for the kind words you shared regarding your experience and the service we provide. We take service very seriously! I will share your wonderful comments with my team tomorrow in our morning huddle. We will always have a room for you here at the Residence Inn Norfolk Airport so that you can visit your son! We appreciate everything he does to keep us safe.

at your service,

Reviewed 19 March 2014

The Residence Inn Norfolk Airport is very accommodating. The location is perfect if you are flying into Norfolk on a weekly basis. Should you need transportation the shuttle drivers Tyquan, Armando, and Stephanie are always available to drive you to your destination as well as pick you up. The front desk staff Cheryl, Denzel, Eric, Taquita and Bianca all possess excellent customer service skills and professionalism. The management staff always take time to assure your stay is pleasurable. I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to Norfolk.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Rachel C, Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Norfolk Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2014

Dear JM,

Thank you for taking the time to post your experience regarding your stay with us at the Residence Inn Norfolk Airport. I am so glad your encounters with our staff were memorable that they inspired you enough to share your experiences. We thrive each and everyday to ensure that all of our guests leave with a lasting impression.

Reviewed 19 March 2014

I love the residence Inn Norfolk VA. I stay here every chance I get..

All of the staff are welcoming and attentive. Christi,Lori and Rachel the Managers are always cheerful. Front desk staff Cheryl and Taquita make me feel very special and welcomed. I don't drive so Supervisor Mike and the courtesy van staff Armando,Tiquan and Stephanie will drive me to work and pick me up from the Airport.

Later in the day after work as a consultant and Bianca and Denzel's smiles warm me. Then I eat in the hotels clean dining area and Dan and the entire kitchen staff Janice,Thelma and Robert prepare meals that make me really feel at home. Late night if I go out for a night on the town Eric will make sure I am safe and secure in my room.

My rooms are always neat and clean... I cant say anything else except I love this hotel and will come here when in Norfolk VA for business and pleasure.

Room Tip: 4th floor is my favorite
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Christi M, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Norfolk Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2014

MsJones667:

Your review is a testimony to how lucky we are to have the TEAM we do at the Residence Inn Norfolk Airport. Everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience and your feedback is extremely valuable. We take our product and service very seriously. Not only are we coworkers, we are a family, and I am glad you allowed us to welcome you in to that family.

Thank you very much for your loyalty, business, and heart.

You will always have a place to call HOME at the Residence Inn Norfolk Airport.

Always!

Reviewed 15 March 2014

Our stay was very outstanding and accomodating. Also a big Thanks goes out to Denzel at the front desk on his professionalism and helpfulness on making our visit enjoyable for the whole family. The breakfast was ok except that the french toast was doughy.

Room Tip: Higher floors have less A/C unit noise"
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Christi M, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Norfolk Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

Dear JoeP:

I appreciate the time you took to recognize an amazing associate! Like the rest of our TEAM, Denzel takes his customer service very seriously! I am so glad you enjoyed your encounters with him and he inspired you enough to post a review! I will also address your comments about the french toast with my Food and Beverage Manager tomorrow in our morning meeting. Next visit, I will make you a yummy waffle! We hope the next time you are back in our area, you will chose to come back HOME to the Residence Inn Norfolk Airport.

at your service,