“Excellent Marriott brand hotel met our expectation”

Residence Inn Norfolk Airport
Ranked #6 of 37 Hotels in Norfolk
Fairfax, Virginia
“Excellent Marriott brand hotel met our expectation”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I stayed here for fishing and it is a quick 15 minutes to CBBT Sea Gull fishing pier or Lynnhaven pier. The location is great, you are within a two blocks of a ton of restaurants and Super Walmart. The hotel room was clean, the staff was super friendly & helpful, and the free breakfast was very good. They had eggs, fresh fruit, various cereals, bagels, yogurt, and an assortment of other hot items to choose from. Although seating was limited, I was always able to find a spot. The beds were super comfy and they had plenty of pillows. The ergonomic desk chair is way better what my company provided and the wifi signal strength was excellent, I downloaded a 10MB excel spreadsheet in a jiffy. I would recommend this hotel and stay here again if given the opportunity.

Room Tip: Try to ask for a room away from the elevator as it could be noisy in the hallway.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Christi M, General Manager at Residence Inn Norfolk Airport, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Dear Sylvi_2000,

Thank you very much for the time you took to post such a wonderful review of our hotel. I am so glad we were your choice for lodging while in the area for fishing. By the looks of your profile picture, you are pretty good at it! We are pleased that you enjoyed all of our newly renovated guest rooms and updated amenities. We just upgraded our WIFI bandwidth as well as replace all of the switches and routers on our guest floors with state of the art RUCKUS equipment so I excited to hear your feedback.

Thank you very much for being a Senior Contributor to TripAdvisor and we hope the next time you are in our area, you choose to come back HOME to the Residence Inn Norfolk Airport.

Christi Moran

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
NM
Reviewed 24 May 2014

We are more often than not loyal customers to the Marriott Residence Inn brand.
This hotel is a shining example of why. The staff (everyone) was outstanding courteous, helpful and friendly!
Our room was, spotlessly clean, cool, quiet and the bed very comfortable.
The upgraded linens were crisp and the towels thick and fluffy.
The breakfast bar food choices were fresh, hot and abundant!
The food serving areas were spotless and the variety of foods were impressive (this has not always been the case at the other Residence Inn's we have visited).
The location is another key factor, this property is within a few miles if Norfolk Airport.
We will definitely be returning to this property next year. Our only wish is that ALL Residence Inn's were like this one.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Christi M, Manager at Residence Inn Norfolk Airport, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Dear HttLan,

We are so excited and proud to have received such wonderful comments about your stay with us at The Residence Inn Norfolk Airport! We thrive each and everyday to show appreciation for our staff and all that they do day in and day out BUT to hear it from you, our valued guest, it means so much more than words can express. We have shared your comments with all of our Associates with special highlights to the Housekeeping & Food and Beverage departments.

We want to be your only choice for lodging while in the Norfolk area. We hope that you choose to come back "HOME" to the Residence Inn Norfolk Airport.

Rachel Cadet
Hotel Manager
Nags Head, NC
Reviewed 16 May 2014

I usually stay at one of the chains in Norfolk the night before an early morning flight. That was the case this trip, and I was surprised to find the hotel freshly redone, from art to furniture and flooring. In all a very nice property with indoor pool and great workout center.

The rooms are mini-suites with lots of room and great for a longer stay. I recommend it.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Christi M, General Manager at Residence Inn Norfolk Airport, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Dear Haroldg48:

Thank you very much for your review of the Residence Inn Norfolk Airport! We hope that your early morning flight lead you to safe travels. I appreciate the great comments about our rooms and that you chose us over the "other" chains. We want to be your only choice for lodging while in the Norfolk Airport, so the next time you have an early morning flight or find yourself in our area for pleasure or business, we hope that you choose to come back "HOME" to us!

Thank you very much for your business!

Fairfield County, Connecticut
Reviewed 14 May 2014

We stayed in this hotel for a homecoming event. We were a family of four and one friend. My husband and I stayed in one bedroom with a Queen in it and a full bath & TV, our two children stayed in the other bedroom with 2 Queen beds, full bath & TV and the friend stayed in the kitchen/living area on the pull out couch and shared the bathroom with our kids. It was a perfect set up. The hotel was clean and the staff was friendly. The breakfast the next day was a huge plus. I recommend staying here.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Christi M, General Manager at Residence Inn Norfolk Airport, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
MOMCT:

Thank you very much for the time you took to review the Residence Inn Norfolk Airport! We are very happy that we were able to share your HOMECOMING with you! How exciting! We are glad your loved one made it back safe.

We strive to be your only choice for lodging in the Norfolk Area. The next time you are in our area, we hope that you choose to come back "HOME" to the Residence Inn Norfolk Airport.

Christi Moran
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Great room size, excellent service, and really good breakfast. Overall fantastic stay. They even served dinner on three of the nights of my stay which helped reduce the overall cost of my business trip. My room was almost the same size of my apartment while the bed linens and pillows were top notch and clean. Thanks again for a great stay at your property.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank srgilby
Christi M, General Manager at Residence Inn Norfolk Airport, responded to this review, 8 May 2014
Dear srgilby,

Thank you for review! We are serious about our service and our newly renovated product and I am glad you had such a great experience at the hotel. Our rooms are much bigger than my first apartment, that is for sure. Our bed linens and pillows are also brand new to round out the beautiful décor. We hope the next time you are in our area, you choose to come back "HOME" to the Residence Inn Norfolk Airport.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Great hotel! The lobby was welcoming and immaculate, and the front desk staff was first-class. I stopped by several times - to borrow a basketball, to buy snacks, and to ask general questions, and everyone was helpful no matter how many requests I had. It was extremely impressive that the associate who checked me in remembered my last name when I came back to ask a question, and Denzel was great - he helped me out several times. The complimentary airport shuttle was at the front door five minutes after I requested it, and it was seamless and quick trip to the airport. Loved the basketball court and the workout room, and used both. My room was newly re-done, and well-appointed, and the breakfast was perfect. I'll be back. The hotel is a winner, and the team members are some of the most professional and personable I've met in a long time.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank TheChicagoNinja
Christi M, General Manager at Residence Inn Norfolk Airport, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Dear TheChicagoNinja:

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for the Residence Inn Norfolk. I printed your review and read it to everyone in our huddle this morning and we celebrated your comments! Our 15 minutes of training today was on personalized service, and the comments about our team remembering your name after check in was a true testament to that training.

Thank you very much for your business and we can't wait to have you back "HOME" at the Residence Inn Norfolk Airport!

Belle Vernon, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 28 April 2014

We checked into this location based on the reviews from previous travelers. I generally look for key reviews things like cleanliness, noise, staff, etc. The room was clean, beds were really comfortable, spacious (since we got the suite) and it was quiet the whole time. We booked closer to airport since we were in for the recent NATO Azalea Festival and wanted to avoid the congestion near the harbor hotels. Glad we chose this location. I generally select Marriotts whenever we can. We love the service, friendliness and especially the daily breakfast. My son loves the food selection and the waffles! Thanks for making this a pleasant and stress free visit to Norfolk.

Room Tip: Choose even rooms. Good view of airplanes coming, but won't hear them at all.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Christi M, General Manager at Residence Inn Norfolk Airport, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Dear Charles D,

Thank you very much for the posting a review based on your experience with our hotel. We are glad you chose us too! We are close enough to the Downtown events, but far enough away to not be effected by the traffic. Our goal is THE problem free stay and providing our guests with service so memorable, that they tell stories about us. Thank you for telling everyone about your story.

Thank you for your business and we hope the next time you are in our area, you choose to come back HOME to the Residence Inn Norfolk Airport.