“Always a great stay”

Residence Inn by Marriott Norfolk Airport
Ranked #9 of 37 Hotels in Norfolk
Reviewed 12 June 2014

We come here once a year with the Navy and stay a month at a time. I'm glad we get to stay here. The rooms are always clean and the staff is exceptional. I needed a few things for my kitchen and they brought it right up. Awesome customer service. They really go out of their way for the customer. The meals in the dining area are great. Always a good breakfast and they accommodated our early schedule so we could eat. I know most hotels would not do this. I look forward to many more days here in the future.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Autumntribe
Rachel C, Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Norfolk Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Dear Autunmtribe,

Thank you for taking the time to post your experience regarding your stay with us at the Residence Inn Norfolk Airport. I am so glad your encounters with our staff were memorable that they inspired you enough to share your experiences. We thrive each and everyday to ensure that all of our guests leave with a lasting impression.

We want to be your ONLY choice for lodging while in the Norfolk area. We want to continue to provide you with an experience that you deserve and that you rely on Marriott to deliver!

There are newer reviews for Residence Inn by Marriott Norfolk Airport

Reviewed 12 June 2014

This is the third time staying here and I have to say it keeps getting better and better. The staff is very accommodating and friendly, the hotel is well maintained and the manager that I've dealt with Christy, she is the BEST. Breakfast was and is on time and very good, dinner when served is very good. My stay was in the month of June and we'll be back in July through August. Being so close to the airport you would think the noise would be a distraction but the hotel is relative quite.

Room Tip: They have different rooms available so if you want a room with a stove you can request one.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Tome B

Dear Tome B,

Christi is THE BEST! I am sure she has read your comments as I have shared them with the Associates, what a great feeling when they know your expectations were exceeded.

We look forward to when you come back "HOME" in July.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

The staff is really helpful and nice rooms are nice and clean.If u need anything call the front desk and someone will bring it to your room.I've stayed at this hotel for two months last year and two months this year and I will be back next year.Thanks for a great stay

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank baldheads

Dear baldheads,

Thank you very much for the time you took to post such a wonderful review of our hotel. Two months is a very long time to be away from home and I am so glad we were your choice for lodging while in the area and that you will choose to come back "HOME" when you visit the Norfolk area in the future.

I will share your comments with all Associates, and let them know that all we thrive to do each and everyday has left you with a lasting impression.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

If you're in the Virginia Beach Norfolk area this is the place to stay. The staff is amazing. Everyone was always nice and smiling. No one ever walked by me without greeting me and asking if I needed anything. Christy the manager could sit in her office all day and bark orders but instead she is out there interacting with the guest and helping her fellow coworkers clean up after breakfast. Speaking of breakfast, it's the best. The breakfast bar is super clean and organized. They always had two or more people in the seating area making sure everyone was enjoying their meal. Asking if anyone needed anything. I believe one if the cooks/ waiters name is Robert... He is the nicest dude ever. There was a family getting coffee and he noticed that I had been waiting for a while and he asked if I wanted coffee or hot water for my tea. Anyway he walked to the back and filled my cup. It's little things like that that make this place great. Also, I would like to point out that this place is pet friendly. That said you would think it would smell or be dirty, well it's not. Even the outside grounds are clean. I love this place and will defiantly be returning.

• Stayed: June 2014
Rachel C, Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Norfolk Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Dear hola_bobby,

We are so excited and proud to have received such wonderful comments about your stay with us at The Residence Inn Norfolk Airport! We thrive each and everyday to ensure that you, our valued guest, receive exceptional service as we welcome you and you leave with a lasting impression. Christi is such a GEM. She is the best leader ever and as you have noticed, she is all over the property interacting with Guests and Associates!
I will read your review tomorrow in our morning huddle with great pride! We want to provide our guests with service so memorable, they tell stories about it. Thank you very much for telling your story.

We want to be your only choice for lodging while in the Norfolk area. We hope that you choose to come back "HOME" on your next visit to the Norfolk area.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

Great customer service all around. Friendly staff that accommodate all your needs if possible. Close to the airport, yet still very quiet. Breakfast was always timely and great quality food. Front Desk staff always have a friendly helpful manner when it comes to customer service. Will always recommend this hotel for stays in Norfolk.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back wall of the hotel are quieter.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Christi M, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Norfolk Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Dear Lynn N:

Thank you very much for choosing the Residence Inn Norfolk Airport so that we could provide you with the service that was the "Best You Have Had All Year!" I will read your review tomorrow in our morning huddle with great pride. We want to provide our guests with service so memorable, they tell stories about it. Thank you very much for telling your story.

We hope to see you back HOME soon at the Residence Inn Norfolk Airport.

Christi

Reviewed 31 May 2014

We travel a great deal in the USA. This is the most beautiful, clean hotel we have been there.excellent customer service.the breakfast was great. We will recommend this hotel and stay here any time we visit the Norfolk area.

• Stayed: May 2014
Rachel C, Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Norfolk Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2014

Dear mmartinez2233,

Thank you very much for taking the time post such wonderful comments about your stay with us at The Residence Inn Norfolk area.

I am very happy about "US" being the best here in the United States. We thrive each and everyday to ensure that all of our guests are comfortable and receives exceptional service during their stay.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

I stay more than 150 nights a year in hotels and this one stands out because of the service of the staff. The location is perfect as well and convenient to many things in the area, not only the airport. I am a Diamond Member with Hilton, but when in Norfolk, I choose them.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Jack S,

Thank you very much for the time you took to post such a wonderful review of our hotel. I am so glad we were your choice for lodging while in the area and that you will choose to come back "HOME" when you visit the Norfolk area in the future.