“Wonderful service!!”

Residence Inn by Marriott Norfolk Airport
Ranked #7 of 37 Hotels in Norfolk
Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

Our family stayed at the Residence Inn Norfolk for our family getaway. I just have to say the service at this hotel was lovely from the front desk staff, to the dining room staff to the hospitality of the housekeepers! Everyone was great. What we really liked was the staff's upbeat spirits and their willingness to meet the guests needs. Would definitely stay here again!

Stayed: August 2014
Rachel C, Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Norfolk Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2014

Dear Panderson1,

We are so excited and proud to have received such wonderful comments about your stay with us at The Residence Inn Norfolk Airport! We thrive each and everyday to ensure that you, our valued guest, receive exceptional service as we welcome you and you leave with a lasting impression, we truly believe in showing our "Spirit to Serve" to all of our guests and happy to hear that you and your family experienced it.

I am so glad we were your choice for lodging while in the area and that you will choose to come back "HOME" when you visit the Norfolk area in the future. We want to continue to provide you with an experience that you deserve and that you rely on Marriott to deliver!

at your service

Rachel

Reviewed 13 August 2014

I had booked my reservation over 3 months ahead of my visit and indicated I would be arriving at the hotel after 11pm due to a late incoming flight. I had asked for two beds as I was sharing the room with my adult daughter. Upon our late night arrival, I found my room to be single queen bed and a handicap room (not necessary or requested) which limited the bathroom counter space for two women accessing a very small sink/mirror area. There was no full length mirror and the open floor shower was not slanted the right way and with each shower the entire bath/toilet area filled up with shower water. Since we were both use to King beds, to now have to share a Queen was very much an inconvenience. When I called the front desk, I was told they were totally booked and nothing else was available. We made it work, but it was a less than desirable stay and I went home with a major cramp in my neck and a plan to seek an alternative in the Marriott chain for any future trips.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Christi M, Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Norfolk Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2014

Dear imlaynlow,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with us at The Residence Inn Norfolk Airport! I am sorry that the accommodations did not meet your expectations and I can certainly understand how you felt with the small vanity counter space and the bathroom set up.

We thrive each and everyday to ensure that you, our valued guest, receive exceptional service as we welcome you and you leave with a lasting impression, I apologize that we did not exceed your expectations .

We want to be your ONLY choice for lodging while in the Norfolk area. We want to continue to provide you with an experience that you deserve and that you rely on Marriott to deliver!

Rachel

Reviewed 11 August 2014

I've stayed at the Marriott and Residence downtown but each time this Residence Inn has made me feel the most at home. The staff is extremely friendly and Denzel has bailed me out a few times in my past 1 1/2 years visiting here. From offering me great personal advice to helping out a few times with getting a room in a pinch, Denzel has always made my business travel to Norfolk a pleasant stay. Thank you Denzel!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Christi M, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Norfolk Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Dear CalebW:

Thank you so much for your review. We are elated that you were so pleased with the service you received from Denzel that it inspired you to write a review. I read your review in our morning huddle today. Sharing stories of great service from our T.E.A.M. members is the highlight of my day. Thank you for sharing your story and thank you for your business at the Residence Inn Norfolk Airport.

Christi

Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

Well presented property, clean rooms, attentive staff, great amenities, gym well equipped

One suggestion - better coffee needed; however conveniently located close to two Starbucks, so I'm good!

As always, Marriott didn't disappoint.

Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Jennifer W
Christi M, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Norfolk Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Dear Jennifer W,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel for your recent stay. We are excited that you enjoyed our rooms, staff, and fitness center! We appreciate your business greatly. We hope that the next time you are in our area that you choose to come back HOME to the Residence Inn Norfolk Airport with a product and services you can trust!

At your service,

Christi

Reviewed 1 August 2014

Title says it all. Great and friendly staff,very helpful and welcoming. Always ready to lend assistance or provide good information on things to do or places to go. Look forward to coming back next year.

Room Tip: Any room is good.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Rachel C, Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Norfolk Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Dear James S,

We are so excited and proud to have received such wonderful comments about your stay with us at The Residence Inn Norfolk Airport! We thrive each and everyday to ensure that you, our valued guest, receive exceptional service as we welcome you and you leave with a lasting impression.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

The stay was pretty awesome but it was the stellar customer service that went out of there way to help and connect you with the downtown Virginia beach which is a couple may minutes away Cheryl and Denzel went out of their way to make sure I enjoyed my time in the hotel and downtown good place

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank shaquille1
Rachel C, Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Norfolk Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Dear shaquille 1

We are so excited and proud to have received such wonderful comments about your stay with us at The Residence Inn Norfolk Airport! We have celebrated with the Associates you have highlighted that made your stay with us so memorable. We thrive each and everyday to ensure that you, our valued guest, receive exceptional service as we welcome you and you leave with a lasting impression.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

This hotel was awesome. The staff and management was awesome. The manager went above and beyond to make my family welcome and and make my event a success. I would recommend this hotel. The manager Mandy was very personable and was a new addition to this hotel. It was very clean and in an awesome location.

Room Tip: Great accommodations
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Rachel C, Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Norfolk Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Dear Patricia W,