“Great BBQ, nice people!”
Review of Bubba-N-Franks - CLOSED

Bubba-N-Franks
Cuisines: American
Brooklyn, New York
“Great BBQ, nice people!”
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Stopped here on the way to dropping someone off at Norfolk International Airport, totally by chance, and we thought it was great. Chopped pork barbecue sandwich was excellent--much better than what I've had at other local places. And my friend, who's a Northerner and a bit of a barbecue snob who's geared toward Texas and St. Louis-types, polished off his brisket sandwich and onion rings without hesitation. They have a bar in the seating area with different sauces, etc--didn't try all of them, but the St. Louis was a good sweet tomato-based sauce, and the NC was terrific spicy vinegar. I ordered some pork barbecue to take back to family members, and everyone raved about it. Collard greens got great reviews, too. The staff at the restaurant was very friendly and helpful, and the place seemed clean enough to eat off the floor--I was impressed. The service setup is a little unusual--you order food at the register, like you would in a fast-food place, and they bring it to your table, but you need to remember to grab silverware, etc, for yourself. It wasn't totally logical, and since there was a takeout customer standing in front of the silverware with a bag on the counter, blocking it from view, it wasn't obvious. My only other critique is that they may want to try some different takeout containers, since the styrofoam ones in use are a little flimsy--one of the tops actually broke from the weight of the container on top of it, and the bottom one leaked, etc. But bottom line: I can't wait to go back!

• Visited July 2014

Hilton Head, South Carolina
“Great ribbets”
Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

Found the restaurant by accident, but glad we did. Had the ribbets special. Small order of ribs in teriyaki sauce. Delicious! Cole slaw was great too. Finished with banana pudding. Really enjoyed the meal.

Visited June 2014
Virginia Beach
“It's okay.”
Reviewed 28 December 2013 via mobile

It was just okay. I went with my husband and we both had the brisket sandwiches with macaroni and cheese as a side. The brisket was kind of fatty and not the most tender. It smelled great from the outside and that's what enticed us to try this place. It's kind of expensive for bbq. The portions are on the small side. The macaroni and cheese had an artificial taste....Maybe from the cheese they use. It was also quite dry. I wasn't impressed overall and I wouldn't make a special trip to eat here. It's okay not great. I'll keep searching Hampton Roads for a go to bbq place. I found this place to be disappointing food wise, although I will say that all of the employees are extremely friendly and that was very refreshing!

• Visited December 2013
Chesapeake, VA
“A new favorite Bar B Que place!”
Reviewed 1 December 2013

This is actually a former Pollo Loco restaraunt we use to go love. They have a great menu and the St. Louis style is fantastic. I'm not much a NC style. My daughter had the brisket, and it was equally tasty. We all absolutely loved the sweet potatoe wedges. The cinnamon/sugar made them just sweet enough. I can't wait until we come back so we can try the ribs!

• Visited December 2013
Easton
“Good BBQ on a Cold Day”
Reviewed 12 November 2013 via mobile

On a cold blustery day, this seemed like a great place to stop to get lunch. Housed in an old Chic-Fil-A shop, I had my doubts when approaching.... but thought I'd give it a shot. I'm glad I did. The staff was very kind, joking with us and letting us try a side item we were unsure about. They brought the food out to us as well. The Pulled Pork Sandwich was very good... not too dry and not soaked... it was near perfect. It was full of flavor, at least in my opinion, and didn't need any additional sauces available to use. The ambiance inside was bright and good for a BBQ. I'd certainly go back if it were an option.

Visited November 2013