“Insanely great wings and amazing service”
Review of The Dirty Buffalo

The Dirty Buffalo
Ranked #34 of 712 Restaurants in Norfolk
Price range: US$1 - US$10
Cuisines: American
Good for: Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch
Norfolk, Virginia
“Insanely great wings and amazing service”
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

I don't even really like chicken wings but wanted to try something different. We read about this place online and the reviews were accurate. Don't let the outside fool you. Looks like a total dive. But inside is clean and the wings are great. So are the fries. Great service. We will be back for sure.

Visited July 2014

Portsmouth, Virginia
“Dirty Dogs”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

I went with a couple of friends from work. They both ordered hamburgers and loved them. The onion rings were also very good. I ordered the Dirty Dog plate. It was a bed of home fries and macaroni salad covered with hot dog chili and two all beef hot dogs. I enjoyed this strange combination. Their hot dog chili is excellent and while many might not like the sight, the taste was excellent. I have seen these plates offered in dinners and called "garbage" plates. The place is known for wings and maybe next time I will get them. There was a number of sailors that picked up wing orders while I was there (so it must be worth trying).

• Visited July 2014
Norfolk, Virginia
“Tramples all wing joints”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

If you want to go where locals go for wings then here it is. The owner is straight from Buffalo, NY and his staff put out tasty wings with a multitude of sauces. The wing slingers are constantly experimenting with new sauce flavors and spices. Dirty Buffalo is a place that will respect your budget yet deliver great food. Besides their wings the 'Dirty' plates they concoct always please my children and have a signature unique to Norfolk.

Wednesday is typically half price wing night.

When Old Dominion University is in session you may want to bring extra money to spend on drinks while you wait for a table.

• Visited June 2014
“The best in town”
Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

The hot dogs are soooooo good, would eat one every day if I could......The hot wigs are to die for......Mac & cheese is good,every thing I have had is fresh and made to order. ...nice atmosphere,very nice people always in a good mood & makes you feel welcome......

Maryland, USA
“Great food and service.”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

My guys and I love buffalo wings and were very excited to check this place out in Norfolk, close to where my son will be attending college. Don't want to send him off without a good wing place!

We were greeted at the door by the cashier/hostess. She was just terrific, explaining the menu options and offering us menus to look through and a seat. It can be overwhelming looking at the board! The great customer service continued through our whole visit, with the hostess delivering our food and stopping by several times to make sure we were happy and had what we needed. It was so nice to find her smiling face!

We decided on an order of the sweet sriracha bone-in wings, the boneless wings in medium, a dirty plate and two subs.

The wings were plump and delicious! The sauce was the perfect combo of heat and sweet. My son enjoyed the dirty plate and trust me, the portion was more than enough! I enjoyed the pulled pork with mac n cheese while my hubby enjoyed a cheese steak. Both were amazing. I'm not a fan of boneless wings, but the guys both told me the heat was good for the medium choice.

Like I said, we all love wings and are blessed with a place near our house. This place is going to quickly become our go-to spot for wings in Norfolk. Stop in!!!

• Visited June 2014