“Another great dinner”

Todd Jurich's Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Todd Jurich's Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #45 of 722 Restaurants in Norfolk
Price range: US$35 - US$80
Cuisines: American
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Bar Scene, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Boush Street
Description: Here you will discover a unique dining experience in upscale dining - casual elegance. At Todd Jurich's Bistro, you will enjoy five-star cuisine and world-class wines in a relaxed atmosphere. Enjoy flavorful dishes prepared by Chef Todd Jurich and his talented team. He and his staff go the distance to ensure personalized service and a dining experience beyond your expectations.
Reviewed 23 January 2014

Restaurant week in Norfolk gave us a good reason to visit again and get a three course meal at a very reasonable price. We have been here before and were always delighted with the food and service. I had the pumpkin soup with sweet blue crab while my husband had the roasted oysters similar to Oysters Rockefeller. Both were very tasty. I opted for the Bistro steak with wild mushrooms and my husband had the lamb. His lamb was delicious with celeriac and roasted apples. My steak had a nice flavor, but it was fibrous. After lengthy chewing I discreetly spit it out; at least I hope I was discreet! Dessert was a treat-chocolate pot de crème and bread pudding with whiskey sauce. After dinner we spoke to the valet for a few minutes on our way out and was told Harrison Ford was in last week and really enjoyed the rockfish...that explains why the menu offered Harrison Ford's Favorite Rockfish as an entre! We will go back, I'll skip the Bistro steak and try one of the other delicious sounding entrees instead.

There are newer reviews for Todd Jurich's Bistro

Reviewed 13 January 2014

A group of five foodies went there for dinner on Saturday night as none of us had been in awhile and wanted a dining experience. All ordered appetizers - none of which were anything special. Dinners arrived after a long wait after appetizers and were really disappointing. Risotto special of lobster and scallops arrived with lobster meat that had been frozen and thawed in a salt water bath which rendered it rubbery and with no flavor. Scallop entry consisted of 3 scallops over a bed of braised leeks that were too salty to even eat. Flounder topped with crab meat was full of crab shells. Chicken entry had watered down sauce. Server was not too concerned about making the experience whole at end of night. With so many other great restaurants in this area, there is no need to dine here.

5  Thank BabsMiller
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Dinner was delicious and we took the chef's wine suggestion which was spot on. The service was that perfect balance of attentive without being overbearing.

The scallops and risotto were cooked perfectly. The menu was inviting and interesting.

I was invited to tour the kitchen and I was impressed. It was very clean, beautiful and I was so happy to see and hear about all the locally sourced ingredients they use.

This meal was spot on and I can't wait to go back. It's now a Norfolk favorite!

Reviewed 1 October 2013

Three of us had dinner Saturday night, and it was, as always, fantastic. We started with the Oysters on the half shell and a salad, and of course drinks, our waiter was "spot on". We had the "Crispy Duck" and the Lamb Tagine, both prepared perfectly and went down quickly. Everything on the menu looked inviting, I highly recommend this restaurant, first class service, attitude and food selection. Great bar and bar scene, valet parking, give them a try!

Reviewed 14 September 2013

Very eclectic restaurant. Great ambiance. Excellent bartenders. Interesting entrees. Just checked in to have a drink. Next time-dinner.