“Great Greek in Norfolk!”
Review of Orapax

Orapax
Ranked #31 of 732 Restaurants in Norfolk
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Cuisines: Greek, Mediterranean, Pizza, Wine Bar
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 28 January 2014

Joined some friends for dinner at Orapax restaurant anticipating some great Greek food. I was not disappointed to say the least! This is a hidden culinary gem in Norfolk VA. The food was excellent but the time we waited to receive our main meals was a little long considering it was a slow Monday night for the restaurant. But don't let that deter you from experiencing some authentic delicious Greek delights. I highly recommend the red wine Apelia from Greece.

1  Thank MomDof3

Reviewed 20 January 2014

The Orapax is a Staple to those in Norfolk that love Greek foods. While I agree with some other reviews about the changes it is still hard to find Better Food at a better price !!.
in 20+ years I can say it is prob one of the few places that is always good !!

Reviewed 7 December 2013

I've been going there for 25 years...and what the son has done to this place has got to have his father rolling in his grave. First of all...I pay for consistency, so don't go and screw with a good thing. TOO LATE. So let's start with the bread...still getting that, but not the drawn butter. Now...it's oil and some spices. uh, no. Then there's the salad...what the hell are you doing messing with a sure thing? I swear! They have changed the salad... ok, then there's the Saganaki which is my all time favorite. That has gone way up in price, now you get two slices of the cheese they light on fire at your table instead of two. My son's Gyro was ok...but something has changed- and NOT for the better. Will I go back, maybe. But that used to be "definitely"

1  Thank twilight3380
Reviewed 29 October 2013

This place is one of the best places for Food in Norfolk. It is just hidden in West ghent area...But it is highly recommend to spend time and find it.

I suggest the Egg plant and the Macaroni.

Reviewed 29 September 2013

There was a group of 9 of us. Even though the place is small, the seating is arranged so that a group is accommodated easily with reservations. The hummus and homemade pita chips were a delicious start to the evening. Every one enjoyed their meals. We had pizza, spanakopita, kotopitas, slouvaki and greek salad....All were delicious. A definite return is in our future. It's also a great place for family and friends. Of course the service takes time...but isn't dinner supposed to be that way! Don't come when you're in a hurry. Come to relax and enjoy the food and time with people.