“A Tale of Two Bistros”

Good for: Romantic
USA
“A Tale of Two Bistros”
Reviewed 24 August 2013

Wanted to stop into "Empire Little Bar Bistro" for a bite and a beverage before heading to the airport. Unfortunately they did not open until 5 PM. So I went into the Bistro next door, "Havana." What a mistake. Havana was completely empty at 4:45 PM. No happy hour discounts whatsoever. Premium vodka martini $11. Cheapest appetizer $12! I passed on the food. I was told by the bartender "we're thinking about happy hour deals in the future."

Finished my drink and went into the Empire. What a contrast. Happy hour price discounts and a whole host of small plate/tapas for $5 and $6. Had another premium vodka martini and a delicious green bean/red chili/almond dish for $13, just two dollars more than a drink alone next door. Will definitely be back here when I have more time, if I ever visit Norfolk.

• Visited August 2013

Rocky Mount, North Carolina
“Time for cocktails!”
Reviewed 25 July 2013

I went here June 20th and again July 5th. I like the food, convenience to the Tazwell Hotel and the Norva. The wait staff and bar tenders are not only hot but pleasant. And that's coming from a woman! Great place for pre night life cocktails, dinner and even after event drinks and food (:

• Visited July 2013
Chesapeake, Virginia
“Just stopped in for drinks...”
Reviewed 20 June 2013

Took forever to get drinks, service horrible and waitress didn't seem to have a clue about anything. Heard one couple refusing to pay for their food. Sadly, the food menu looked amazing but after last night, I will NEVER return. If you can't even handle a few drink orders what will happen when food is ordered? Never again.

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank Marcey R
Southern Shores, North Carolina
“Good!”
Reviewed 13 June 2013

A nice casual restaurant with good food and service - always nice to enjoy something a little different such as Cuban cuisine.

• Visited November 2012
New York City, New York
“Nice staff and good nachos but could have provided more beef”
Reviewed 23 March 2013 via mobile

My friends and I were walking down the street when one of them noticed a nice atmosphere inside this restaurant.

It was a nice place with good staff who we had a nice conversation. Our drinks were served quickly and were good too.

The nachos were fancy displayed on the plate. But I would have liked to have more beef and melted cheese. The chips or tortillas were crunchy.

Thank you for the service and the conversation.