“Best place for Tapas in Norfolk”
Review of Empire Little Bar Bistro - CLOSED

Empire Little Bar Bistro
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Good for: Romantic, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Lovely little restaurant and excellent food. Great variety and portions. Great wait staff. Highly recommend. We visit at least once a mont - we are locals. Parking is a little tough - some street parking but there are garages. Be careful of taxi parking - they will tow.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

We were in Norfolk unexpectedly and picked this place based on recommendations. It was nearly empty on a weeknight and service was slow and not very friendly. The food is good, but nothing spectacular. Some dishes were virtually tasteless (polenta cakes, crab rolled in zucchini with tomato sauce) others good but not very aggressively spiced (shrimp with garlic). I don't really know what else Norfolk has to offer, but I would not return. There must be better choices.

2  Thank TravelingFoodie319
Reviewed 7 June 2014

This is a modern day, American pub for tapas...
I went last night, and the food was excellent. Beer selection is tremendous.
People were nice, and the ambiance is really good.
A bit pricy for the food, but it was excellent food!

1  Thank Petronius X
Reviewed 29 March 2014

From my time living there to coming back and vacationing, I always make a stop at Empire! Drinks are always spot on as is the food. Trendy, fun, energetic.

1  Thank 1fundiner
Reviewed 22 March 2014

My wife and I had dinner here the other evening. It was an absolute pleasure! Fantastic food that was perfectly prepared and a server who could not have been better. For appetizers my wife had a lobster salad while I enjoyed a delicious curry chicken salad with pears and baguettes. We shared an order of pot stickers and a fillet which were both perfectly prepared (the steak literally melted I my mouth). Couple this with a delicious Pinot Noir and we had a perfect evening. Strongly recommend trying this great gem.

1  Thank JimCarroll3