“good food, your usual indian food”

Rajput Indian Cuisine
Reserve with OpenTable
Rajput Indian Cuisine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #104 of 732 Restaurants in Norfolk
Price range: US$4 - US$23
Cuisines: Indian, Wine Bar
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Lunch buffet($9.95) every day,Lunch Buffet to Go available per pound.Gourmet Dinner Buffet Sunday Nights. Catering. Brunch buffet Saturday & Sundays $10.95.Champagane Brunch Buffet $13.95.Fine dinning,full bar,banquet room,take Out,deleivery,children menu , vegan menu ,party trays,authentic indian food,cooking class, seperate vegan menu,organic entrees,organic wines,happy hours, champenge,Bar tapas menu,Theme indian cusine,desert menu,order online (takeout) , online dining reservation,gluten free entrees,Chicken specialties like chicken curry,chicken biryani, chicken dhansak,chicken jalfrezi,chicken korma,chicken kadhai, chicken keema matar,chicken london balti,chicken madras,chicken makhni,chicken pasanda,chicken patia,chicken rogan josh,chicken saag,chicken tikka masala,chicken vindaloo,lamb Specialties like, lamb biryani,lamb curry,lamb dhansak,lamb jalfrezi,lamb korma, lamb kadhai,lamb keema matar,lamb madras,lamb makhni,lamb pasanda,lamb patia,lamb rogan josh,lamb saag,lamb tikka masala, lamb vindaloo goat Specialties like,goat biryani,goat curry,goat dhansak, goat jalfrezi, goat korma,goat kadhai,goat london balti, goat madras,goat makhni,goat pasanda, goat patia,goat rogan josh, goat saag,goat tikka masala,goat vindaloo,Fish or Shrimp Specialries:Tandoori specialties including Tofu shashlik, chicken tandoori,chicken tandoori tikka,chicken malai kebab,cilentro fish tikka,tandoori mixed grill,shrimp,lamb champs etc Lunch buffet($9) every day,Lunch Buffet to Go available per pound.Gourmet Dinner Buffet Sunday Nights. Catering. Brunch buffet Saturday & Sundays $11.Champagane Brunch Buffet $14.Fine dinning,full bar,banquet room,take Out,deleivery,children menu , vegan menu ,party trays,authentic indian food,cooking class, seperate vegan menu,organic entrees,organic wines,happy hours, champenge,Bar tapas menu,Theme indian cusine,desert menu,order online (takeout) , online dining reservation,gluten free entrees,Chicken specialties like chicken curry,chicken biryani, chicken dhansak,chicken jalfrezi,chicken korma,chicken kadhai, chicken keema matar,chicken london balti,chicken madras,chicken makhni,chicken pasanda,chicken patia,chicken rogan josh,chicken saag,chicken tikka masala,chicken vindaloo,lamb Specialties like, lamb biryani,lamb curry,lamb dhansak,lamb jalfrezi,lamb korma, lamb kadhai,lamb keema matar,lamb madras,lamb makhni,lamb pasanda,lamb patia,lamb rogan josh,lamb saag,lamb tikka masala, lamb vindaloo goat Specialties like,goat biryani,goat curry,goat dhansak, goat jalfrezi, goat korma,goat kadhai,goat london balti, goat madras,goat makhni,goat pasanda, goat patia,goat rogan josh, goat saag,goat tikka masala,goat vindaloo,Fish or Shrimp Specialries:Tandoori specialties including Tofu shashlik, chicken tandoori,chicken tandoori tikka,chicken malai kebab,cilentro fish tikka,tandoori mixed grill,shrimp,lamb champs etc
Reviewed 13 October 2013

It was good and I was not disappointed. However, I did not find anything to brag on. I had the buffet with a group of friends with no problems. I would go back and maybe try ordering a dish next time.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

That was the best food i ever had in any of the indian rest,,The service was attentive and the server gave us the right recommendation. The guy on the cash counter who was also our server was really funny and helped us a alot to choose the right dish among different options. The place is clean and quite,,will b coming back..

Reviewed 19 September 2013

I stumbled in there by mistake thinking I might get a little taste of India, instead the whole experience felt like death by nasty food & gone straight to hell afterwards.

The staff tried to be polite; knowing the fact that here comes another chump who would pay $9.99 for a lousy buffet.
The food was cold and looked horrible, like it’s been sitting there since the wheel got invented. Tasteless, weak and full of foul aroma and stingy smell, and not to mention the tandoori chicken was not even fully cooked, now that’s a law-suit waiting to happen.

The waitress who filled our glass with water, well the jug she used has nasty black markings on the rim, I know it was made of copper but still the presentation was just awful.

I barely swallowed what you called food, and I did my best to get the hell out of dodge. I did a written complain on my receipt and in return the management did handed me two $5.00 gift-cards. Now that was a nice gesture I reckon.

Anyway never, never, never again even by mistake I will go within 5 miles radius of this joint.

Reviewed 19 September 2013

For the past 5 years we have had the pleasure of living and traveling in Europe. In those 5 years, I can honestly say that of all the Indian Restaurants we tried none were better than Rajput Indian Cuisine on 21st Street, Norfolk, Virginia. If you are in the area, stop in and give it a try. I'd be interested in your thoughts.

Reviewed 22 August 2013 via mobile

We drove from Portsmouth for lunch and it was well worth the drive. We had the lunch buffet great price little less than $9. I enjoyed the vegan choices ie,tofu, beans and chick pease. My wife had the mango Flossie she sure enjoyed it. The serving staff were constantly at our disposal and kept water goblets full. Place had a nice romantic ambiance even for a miday lunch. Kudoes goes out to who takes care of the rest room double thumbs up.

Been to Rajput Indian Cuisine? Share your experiences!