“Terrific Pizza terrible service.”
Review of Mona Lisa's Pizza

Mona Lisa's Pizza
Ranked #321 of 711 Restaurants in Norfolk
Cuisines: Pizza
Orange Park, Florida
“Terrific Pizza terrible service.”
Reviewed 7 May 2014

We ordered the 18" all meat pizza also had their gnosh's and onion rings. One of the best pizza's I have ever eaten, two slices and I was full. The gnosh's were excellent and the onion rings were so/so. Now for the bad, service was horrible........we waited 15 minutes to get our check due to the server's inablity to move their eyes from off their phone. We would have waited longer if it were not for the oncoming staff to get our check. It needs to located to another location or just wait another few years when all the wonderful folks across the street start coming in.

• Visited May 2014

Norfolk, Virginia
“Very surprised in a great way”
Reviewed 29 December 2013

I met friends here recently and really enjoyed the service and food. Mona Lisa's is located in a small strip center in East Beach, Norfolk and I pass it every day going to and from work. Until I met friends there, I never thought to stop in.

I was pleasantly surprised to find a very small restaurant that had a truly Italian feel to it. Our waitress arrived to take our drink orders shortly after we sat down. The restaurant offers a great menu, mostly Italian. The menu offerings had pizza, calzones, subs, salads and deli items, as well as desserts. To make things easier on all of us, we ordered a "specialty" pizza that had almost everything on it that you could imagine. It was delivered piping hot and was incredible! They also have a small bar area, that was full of "regulars" and a small space for entertainment.

Shortly after my visit I noticed that AJ Gators had opened up two spaces down from Mona Lisa's and I was surprised that the city of Norfolk allowed that. I have no idea if AJ Gators is taking business away from Mona Lisa's but if it is, that is a shame. After looking at the online menu for AJ Gators, and seeing the usual bar food menu and prices, I decided to stick with Mona Lisa's because they are more of a family, friend get together place than a "chain" bar.

If you are in the East Beach area of Norfolk, you should choose Mona Lisa's for their excellent food, service and reasonable prices. You won't go wrong.

• Visited October 2013
Duncan, NC
“Hidden Gem in Ocean View !”
Reviewed 14 August 2013

After "googling" for Pizza in Norfolk, we headed to Mona Lisa's Pizza in Ocean View for lunch. From the moment we walked in the door, we had a great time. Patty, one of the owners made us feel like family as she served us. Pizza was out of this world, hot, fresh, plenty of toppings and a chewy crust. Must say this is the best pizza I have had in years. Looking forward to a return visit for dinner to enjoy the musical entertainment.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Laura T
Hyattsville, Maryland
“You call this GOOD PIZZA???”
Reviewed 9 May 2013

I took my 3yr old grandson here for Pizza because we were out shopping and he wanted Pizza.I decided that we would try something new..Bad choice!! This is a Mom & Pop place but I was really disappointed in the Pizza..The crust was thin which I can appreciate but the edges where fat and NOT DONE!!! When you got to the edge it was uncooked..The place could use a make-over...I watched as the young man washed dishes by hand and because of the germs and bacteria I don't care to eat from "real plates" that haven't been put in a dish washer..My grandson was given a toy truck from the dollar tree to take home..We won't be returning...I have had better pizza from a grocery store...

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank Sharon D
Norfolk, Virginia
“Great homemade style pizza served with fun!”
Reviewed 29 March 2013 via mobile

I went last night to dine in for the second time. The pizza is really good. The crust is doughy and chewy not to thick. The wings are pretty good too. One of the best things is the live band Snackbar Jones. They play there once every 2 weeks usually on Thursday soon to be Wednesday. Awesome entertainment for a tiny neighborhood pizza place enjoyed by locals looking for a cold beer, great food and awesome entertainment. That band plays everything from country to rap and does it well. Very entertaining. Prices are reasonable too. Happy hour type drink specials are just the icing on the cake. I can't believe that I've only done take out from there up until recently. Now I feel like I've been really missing out! Enjoy!

1 Thank mojoredbeak