“Outstanding”

Ranked #9 of 795 Restaurants in Norfolk
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 6 August 2014

My friend and I had dinner here for a girls night out and the food was outstanding! The minimalist atmosphere of the place was spot on and the floor to ceiling windows made you feel like you were dining outside. We started our meal with a panzanella salad...YUM! My friend had lavender tuna with faro pilaf which was outstanding. I had the duck breast with roasted fingerling potatoes and beet cream. I have to say that this is one of the best meals I have ever had. A cucumber martini was the special and it was light and delicious. We finished the meal with coconut cake which was do die for and I don't even like coconut! I can't wait to return!

2  Thank DonnaO1127

Reviewed 26 June 2014

Our server Brianna was excellent-very attentive. My wife and I both had the tuna carpaccio with
avocado appetizer and loved it. My wife had an organic potato gnocchi entree that was very tasty. I had halibut with fried gnocchi served over some tasty greens. Well seasoned & fresh. Shared a piece of white cake with goat cheese,ricotta & hint of mint topped by an Italian meringue. Great finish for a great meal!

1  Thank SaintJamesSeaSide
Reviewed 18 June 2014

This is by far our favorite restaurant in Norfolk. We have come here at least once a week for the past two months, there are even some weeks when we come twice. The menu changes daily, though there are some reoccurring trends. The food is local and organic when available, but everything is fresh and delicious.

The restaurant is small, there are only about 8 tables. The waitresses are incredibly friendly, knowledgeable, and professional. On numerous occasions they have been able to recommend a wine to complement our meal, or explain the unique qualities of an ingredient.

Appetizers generally include a salad, cheese plate, soup, and then something unique like salmon tartar or beef carpaccio. Main courses include a fish, a vegetarian (usually some type of Gnocchi or other pasta), and meat or poultry. Desserts almost always consist of a creme brulee and a baked dish. The food has always been excellent, we have never had to send anything back or complain. My husband has a very adventurous palate, and Chartreuse manages to excite him, while keeping me happy with classics.

Trip Advisor doesn't specify price range, but dinner for two with appetizers, entrees, a shared dessert and drinks usually costs $100. Also, whenever we make a reservation they always ask if it is special occasion, for instance when we came for a friend's birthday the menu's all included a birthday wish at the top.

If you care about food or consider yourself a foodie, you have to eat at Chartreuse.

4  Thank KristinGit
Reviewed 3 June 2014

As a chef I am constantly disappointed and finding something I would change about food. We were in town for a Modest Mouse show on my birthday and I heard some great things about this place. Everything was delicious. Well seasoned and prepared with love. Great healthy food. You can tell when somewhere is driven by their love for food and this place has it!

They also printed personalized menus for us with a happy birthday to me at the top. Very accomodating and great service.

Reviewed 3 April 2014

I have been looking forward to eating here after hearing great things and was not disappointed!
The concept is farm to table which is why the menu is different everyday.
I had Rock Fish and it was delicious . The service,atmosphere,decor were all excellent and I cannot wait to go back.
Great job to all the staff there!