“Breathtaking Views...Supreme Wedding Venue”

Norfolk Botanical Garden
Book In Advance
More Info
US$46.00*
and up
Norfolk Passport to Fun
Ranked #3 of 67 things to do in Norfolk
East Brunswick, New Jersey
“Breathtaking Views...Supreme Wedding Venue”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2011

I attended my cousin's wedding here and the moment you passed through the gates the smell and the colors were vibrant and beautiful. She couldn't have picked a better time than in the blossoms of May to get married in the garden. Everywhere you looked there was every imaginable color and scent. The stone architecture lent a gorgeous backdrop to the colors of the flowers.

Next trip to Norfolk this is a definite stop.

Visited May 2011

Home
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Beautiful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2011

Beautiful place for a picnic or just to enjoy the beauty

Sumter, South Carolina
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Hidden Gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2011

For a nice, relaxing day out its hard to beat the Botanical garden. Ticket prices are extremely reasonable and include a tram around the grounds. There is also a guided boat tour for an additional $5. Parking is included in admission.

Norfolk, Virginia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“A great place to stroll with a baby...and enjoy seasonal blooms, too!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2011

My husband and I were looking for things to do with our infant when she was first born, and we found the Botanical Garden to suit all our needs. We ended up buying an annual pass for about $80 so we can go back often when our child wants to stroll (well, when WE want to stroll in a beautiful setting!). The pass is generous in that I am able to get up to 6 people in on my card.

It has changing exhibits with the change in blooms, and when we were there the first time the azaleas (April) were featured. Next it was the hydrangeas (June), and they were amazing. There are wonderfaul paved paths for strollers, and small unpaved walkways through trees and shrubs as well. I would have loved to explore the unpaved walkways but we decided not to try it with our stroller and newborn (next time, for sure!). We took a million pictures of the canal lined with azaleas; it's so serene and beautiful. We have yet to take the tram or boat, but they both look worthwhile.

The children's area is a lot of fun to explore, and the bench swings are so relaxing to sit on. The water park feature looks like a lot of fun for the toddler and older crowd, and I can't wait to take our daughter when she's able to stand/walk. We saw a family eating a picnic by the tall fountain and once the weather cools off a little we'll be back to copy their idea.

Visited April 2011
Seattle, Washington
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“A great diversion from the city.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2011

My family toured the garden and my boys, 7 and 8, loved it. They loved everything about it, the chance to run around, the kids area, the mazes and the plants. We all liked it so much that we spent longer than planned there, even though it rained on us for a while. A very worthwile visit if you are in the area.

Visited June 2011