“The Gardens”

and up
Norfolk Passport to Fun
Ranked #3 of 75 things to do in Norfolk
Reviewed 17 July 2014

It is exactly as it sounds, it is a very large garden offering up great views and a peaceful atmosphere. I thought I would get bored fast but the sights are amazing, the fresh air smell is wonderful and there is more too see than most places. They definitely work hard to keep the area clean and it is a great place for taking a walk or bringing the kids to burn off energy. And if you are a photographer looking to get some good photos, try out this attraction. The colors will pop at any angle making for a great photo!!

I travel around Virginia a lot so check out my blog www.travelingva.wordpress.com for more reviews, photos, and plenty more!

Reviewed 14 July 2014

It was so hot today but I did not let it stop me from experiencing the Gardens, they were beautiful, the staff everywhere I went were both knowledgeable and friendly. Always willing to help. I had a salad in the cafe' and the young lady that waited on me was training someone and they were both so friendly and paid attention to detail. By the way it was a great greek salad. I wished I had my granddaughter with me as the Children's Garden was AMAZING and looked like the children (big & small), were having a great time. I took the boat ride and the narrator and boat captain were great. I took the tram and the driver again friendly and informative.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

Not to be overlooked very interesting presentations for it's size. We visited on a very warm and humid day in late June. Did some strolling early on, finished the visit by taking the tram to see the balance of this facility. If the opportunity presents itself, We would definitely visit it again in the spring or fall.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

This garden is beautiful! There are so many roses to start the tour. Many nice places to sit. Gorgeous views. If you enjoy looking at flowers, I think you will enjoy this garden! You will do a lot of walking, but it is peaceful. I would recommend doing the membership if you think you will be back, as that will really increase the value. You can also use the membership at many other gardens. You can take a boat ride for $8 or $5 for members.i plan to do this next time. There is also a train like ride that will give you a tour. There is a display devoted to monarchs and helping to save them. There is a butterfly house. I would like to have seen more butterflies, but the few I did see where gorgeous. There is a kids area that has a water area and fun things for the kids. This isn't a high action thrill park, just go expecting to see beautiful flowers, enjoy a nice hike and reflect upon the beauty of nature!!

1  Thank StephanieSelene
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Our party of 4 spent many hours at this wonderful garden.
Something for everyone . We especially enjoyed the pontoon boat, giving a wonderful overview of the whole complex. The 'people train ' was a great free way to quickly make our way around the complex after spending several hours wandering in the heat . Lovely large trees also offer shade, and the shop is nicely stocked with many tempting goodies

1  Thank garrynjan