“The WORST hotel I've ever stayed in!!M”

Savannah Suites Norfolk
Savannah Suites Norfolk
Ranked #28 of 37 Hotels in Norfolk
Reviewed 3 December 2011

If I could rate this place a -10 I would. We made reservations a few days prior to our check in. The day we actually checked in we had actually been up all day moving out of our home so that we could rent it out. After an extremely long day we finally got to the room at 1:30 am. We have 4 kids and three of them are 3 and under. They were all exhausted as well so we took them in and laid them on the bed under the covers without turning on the light (so we wouldn't wake them). After about 30 minutes of unpacking clothes and groceries my hubby and I decided to finally lay it down ourselves but not before we changed a couple of diapers. At this point we had to turn on the lights to see....to my horror, I see black pellets on the bed that my 16 month old was laying in. I frantically called my hubby over and he informed me that they were rat feces! I wanted to throw up. There were about 10-15 pieces of droppings in the bed. We checked the other bed in the room and found another 4 pellets there as well. At this point the front desk person was already gone for the night. We caught one of the managers who just so happen to come in and do some paperwork. She tried to move us to another room...As if!!! At 2:30 am, we immediately packed all our belongings and left. We are currently in the market for a lawyer to sue them. That is some serious negligence! Lawyers contact me @ DeniciaRichardson@yahoo.com

Room Tip: Don't go here is you're wise!
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Imroyalty34
afarmerss, Public Relations Manager at Savannah Suites Norfolk, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2011

Thank you for your review of our Savannah Suites Norfolk. My heart goes out to you and your family as you are going through this move. It cannot be easy to move with small children. I wish you well and am dismayed that your stay with us was not satisfactory. Inspections of all vacant guest rooms are conducted daily by our hotel’s general manager, and weekly by our Vice President of Operations to make sure situations like this do not occur.

Reviewed 12 November 2011

Pros:
- Clean Room
- The one cockroach in the room isn't there anymore.

Cons
- Using coupons, they were out of the cheaper room type. Had to upgrade
- They tack on a service charge to the quoted price
- Non-smoking room reeked of smoke. Guess that's the way it is in Virginnia, the tobacco capital.
- No WIFI, Direct connect broadband didn't work. Called their 800 number in Michigan, but no help.
- No ice machine - make your own in the fridge (6 hrs). No pots or pans or utensils in "kitchen".

I think you can assume all rooms are smoking rooms in Virginnia.

Room Tip: - If it matters to you, verify yourself that the internet works. - Check the AC unit for loudness...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank traveller101101015
afarmerss, Public Relations Manager at Savannah Suites Norfolk, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2011

Thank you for posting a review of your stay at our Savannah Suite Norfolk. The list of pros and cons on your review is a great way to explain to future travelers the frustration that you experienced while staying at our Savannah Suites Norfolk. It is disheartening that your con list is so long, and the pros are not longer, however, this provides our staff with the opportunity to use your review to improve our service. Thank you for noticing the clean room, our Housekeeping Staff takes pride in their work every day, in an effort to provide clean and fresh accommodations to our guests. We invite you back to our hotel again the next time you are in Norfolk, Virginia to see first-hand how your review has helped to improved our hotel.

Reviewed 15 August 2011

After dark I counted no less than two dozen roaches in my room(#207) . I could not sleep thinking that the roaches would crawl in my bed . There were roaches on the walls in the hallway on the second floor. I counted about 7 in the hallway several doors down. I took pictures and videos of the roaches in my room as well as the hallway to use as leverage to cancel and refund my reservation. After talking to the manager the next morning, she decided to refund my money. The health department should shut this place down. I would not stay here. Unlike the roach motel (paraphrasing) "You can check in, but you will quickly want to check out". Oh Yeah, my internet didn't work in the room. I had to use the model room in the lobby to book another hotel. One more thing I remember looking at the photos. The shower curtain had too much mold and mildew. Disgusiting!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends

Thank you for your review of our Savannah Suites Norfolk. Guest reviews assist us in improving our hotels and services for future travelers. Roaches are not tolerated at our hotels. Savannah Suites has a long term contract with a local exterminating company for dealing with pests and preventing infestations. We regret that your stay was not pleasant, but do invite you back the next time you are in Hampton Roads, Virginia to experience first-hand how your review has improved our service.

Reviewed 11 August 2011

I had to spend one night in Norfolk before I flew out and wanted a place for about 10 hours. By skimping on price I put myself in probably the worst hotel I have ever stayed at that was rated 3-star by hotels.com

i would not stay here again and would request the city tear this roach motel down.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo

Thank you for your review of our Savannah Suites Norfolk. Typically reviews allow our hotels to improve our amenities and services for future travelers. We sincerely apologize that your stay was not satisfactory. Specific complaints and suggestions are much more valuable and we welcome all guests to bring issues up to our Guest Service Representatives or our Management team.

Reviewed 8 August 2011

obviously this is a place where pimps,hoes, drug dealers and whatever riff raff you can imagine meet up and socialize..ALL night...babies crying doors slamming totally disgusting.

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank wetravela

Thank you for your review of our Savannah Suites Norfolk. We sincerely apologize that your stay was not completely satisfactory. We work diligently with the Norfolk Police Department to ensure that our hotel is a safe environment for our staff and guests.

Reviewed 5 July 2011

I stayed at Savannah Suites Norfolk July 4th weekend after family made the reservations. I will NEVER stay at this hotel again!!! The front desk staff were pleasant and the location is wonderful but that is all the good there is about this place. The hotel is filthy, the rooms are filthy, the sheets are rough and thin and not clean, the cleaning staff were more concerned about talking on cell phones than cleaning!! My bathroom was dirty, sheets were not clean and the fridge smelled terribly!! There is no lobby, no pool and with condition of all the rooms i visited (4 total) none were comfortable enough to even sit in much less sleep in. Take my warning and KEEP AWAY!!!!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank SDG4U

Thank you for your review of our Savannah Suites Norfolk. We are delighted that you were impressed with our Guest Service staff and our location. Since July, we have had the opportunity to “refresh” our housekeeping staff, as well as step up our inspections of our hotel and guest rooms, thanks in large part to your review. All available guest rooms are inspected daily by the hotel’s General Manager, and weekly by our Vice President of Operations. We invite you to try our hotel again the next time you are in Norfolk, Virginia to experience first-hand how your review has improved our hotel.

Reviewed 14 April 2011

Quality hotel, we stayed there 3 nights and had no real complaints. The fitness center was a plus, a little small, but provided me with everything I needed to get my daily fitness in. I was not expecting to be able to do laundry at the hotel, but the 24hr laundry room allowed me to wash my travel shirts for my appropriate flights. The high-speed Internet was good, a lot better than other hotels I have stayed in the area. Overall, great value for your money, everyone was friendly and willing to hell. I would return again and I do recommend it.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business

Thank you for your review of our Savannah Suites Norfolk. We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back the next time you travel to Virginia.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Norfolk
Candlewood Suites Norfolk Airport
Norfolk Waterside Marriott
Hampton Inn Norfolk Naval Base
Sleep Inn Lake Wright - Norfolk Airport
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#40 of 109 in Virginia Beach
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Norfolk Airport

Been to Savannah Suites Norfolk? Share your experiences!