“NEVER AGAIN”

Savannah Suites Norfolk
Ranked #30 of 37 Hotels in Norfolk
“NEVER AGAIN”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2012

The staff at the front desk were very RUDE!!! when we asked questions the young lady acted as if we asked her for a loan or something! Very RUDE! The room had a smell! We killed a few roaches in the bathroom! The towels & wash cloths were stained! And they are Extremely Expensive! It's just like staying at Bates Motel! The Police was there everyday that we were there! Never Again!

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank tttaaa1

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2012

This was my second time staying at this hotel and I had no issues. Maybe as a single man traveling alone my expectations aren't as lofty. However, the bed was decent the room was clean and ready when I checked in. I was not impressed with anything this hotel had to offer, but I wasn't disappointed either. It was worth the $60

Room Tip: I always find it helpful to view the room they plan to put me in before I finalize check in. Most ho...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
, Guest Relations Manager at Savannah Suites Norfolk, responded to this review, 12 July 2012
Thank you for your review of Savannah Suites Norfolk. Guest reviews provide us with the opportunity to improve our services and amenities for future guests. We are glad that you had a stay free from stress or issue at Savannah Suites. We welcome you back the next time you are in Norfolk, VA to see first hand how reviews like yours affect our service.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2012

Where to begin? For1 the beds are uncomfortable with plastic in them , sheets never stay on the bed fringe sliding off due to plastic. Sound like a person sleeping in a crib. Pillow are flat, tv channels don't work . Have to look for clean linen. Go Days without clean towels and sheets. The bedspreads are dirty and holey . The sheets when washed are still dirty. The staff at the front desk are rude. The stove only 1 eye works. Fridge is horrible. The have a dam nerve to charge 14.00 for room service you don't get . You Have to look for the housekeepers to get anything. When you do they are rude and tell you they are not allowed to give you towels or sheets. The toilet paper is cheaply dispense. Out of 6pack roll meaning 1 roll per room. This place recently replaced the hall carpets. They need to the rooms a dam renovations. And be more professional and hire a new staff and management. Everyone at the front desk looks like they are young high school kids. The place needs a major changed if they want to compete with the hotel Candlewood Suites and HI Express.

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank kpal42
bjohnsonSS, Guest Relations Manager at Savannah Suites Norfolk, responded to this review, 7 June 2012
Thank you for your review of Savannah Suites Norfolk. Guest reviews are taken very seriously at our hotels and provide the opportunity to improve our services and amenities for our guests. We apologize that your stay was less than satisfactory. Savannah Suites Norfolk is currently undergoing soft room renovations, and new mattresses have been going into our rooms. In the haste of trying to have the room ready as soon as possible, it is possible that the maintenance staff failed to remove the plastic from the mattress.

Savannah Suites Norfolk offers an Extended Stay program. As with all Extend Stay Hotels, weekly and monthly guests are allotted 1 full housekeeping service per week, as well as 1 light housekeeping service, in which the trash is emptied and towels are replaced. If you are between services, towels can be exchanged through the front desk. All of this information is provided in our welcome pack when you check in. Again, we apologize that your stay was less than satisfactory and welcome you back the next time you are in Norfolk, VA.
Chesapeake, Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2012

They charged me for extra nights after I checked out, Manager INCREDIBLY rude, all staff has excessive tattoos displayed, and the rooms had at least 1 thing broken in each of them. If you want to save money, go to a better place that simply won't rip you off!
DON'T STAY HERE !

Room Tip: Go elsewhere
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank ScreenName57597
Norfolk, Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2012

My family wentto this establishment during the hurricane--worried about a tree falling-----biggest mistake ever!! It was the trashist hotel I have ever seen, not to mention the management staff I guess doesn't care about their guest, when kid's were runningup anddown our hall unsupervised---and drugs are clearly used--- without fear of anyone getting in trouble!!! Iknow you can't control what every guest does---but your nottelling me the staff can't get involved--or contact management and have the problem situated! I have made several reports on this and will continue to do --untilsome action is taken!! I wasn't aware when I went to thishotel trying toprotect my kid's that I was moving them into a drug haven--and the place was disgusting- things in thekitchen were dirty and ---just horrible ---I will never--- ever goto this trashy place again!! And I will make sure I tell everyone I know the same

Room Tip: chose another hotel
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
afarmerss, Public Relations Manager at Savannah Suites Norfolk, responded to this review, 17 February 2012
Thank you for your review of Savannah Suites Norfolk. Guest reviews are taken very seriously at our hotels and provide the opportunity to improve our services and amenities for our guests. Allegations of drug use are taken very seriously and should be reported to the front desk for immediate police action. We sincerely apologize that the appropriate steps were not taken in this instance, and we intend to address the issue with additional training of our front desk staff. Based upon your review and others, Savannah Suites Norfolk has changed management and will take appropriate action to ensure that all of these issues are reviewed.
long beach ca
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2011

shower head was installed on wall FACING the shower curtain, not on the side as they usually are, shower curtains in bathroom too high (doesnt touch floor) so there would be a big puddle on bathroom floor everytime shower was used. any inquiry with front desk, reply would be -i dont know, management takes care of that. i have no idea, management will know. requested for extra pillows, they had NONE. bed was itchy, when requested to change linens, they do not change on first night, was adviced to wash linen in guest laundry. remote not working, very very old tv, channel buttons broken. very cheap price at $50++ but NOT worth the savings at all.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank toffee b
afarmerss, Public Relations Manager at Savannah Suites Norfolk, responded to this review, 2 January 2012
Thank you for your review of our Savannah Suites Norfolk. Guest reviews are taken seriously at our hotel and used as a training tool to improve our amenities and services. From the description of the bathroom, it sounds like you were placed in a handicapped accessible room. The shower is specifically designed this way to allow a person in a wheel chair to roll into the shower to bathe. While it seems impractical to a guest not in a wheel chair this set up is in compliance with the American’s with Disabilities Act. Our front desk should be more responsive and helpful than what you had experienced. A copy of your review will be circulated to all Front Desk representatives and will be used in future training.
Chesapeake, Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2011

If I could rate this place a -10 I would. We made reservations a few days prior to our check in. The day we actually checked in we had actually been up all day moving out of our home so that we could rent it out. After an extremely long day we finally got to the room at 1:30 am. We have 4 kids and three of them are 3 and under. They were all exhausted as well so we took them in and laid them on the bed under the covers without turning on the light (so we wouldn't wake them). After about 30 minutes of unpacking clothes and groceries my hubby and I decided to finally lay it down ourselves but not before we changed a couple of diapers. At this point we had to turn on the lights to see....to my horror, I see black pellets on the bed that my 16 month old was laying in. I frantically called my hubby over and he informed me that they were rat feces! I wanted to throw up. There were about 10-15 pieces of droppings in the bed. We checked the other bed in the room and found another 4 pellets there as well. At this point the front desk person was already gone for the night. We caught one of the managers who just so happen to come in and do some paperwork. She tried to move us to another room...As if!!! At 2:30 am, we immediately packed all our belongings and left. We are currently in the market for a lawyer to sue them. That is some serious negligence! Lawyers contact me @ DeniciaRichardson@yahoo.com

Room Tip: Don't go here is you're wise!
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Imroyalty34
afarmerss, Public Relations Manager at Savannah Suites Norfolk, responded to this review, 20 December 2011
Thank you for your review of our Savannah Suites Norfolk. My heart goes out to you and your family as you are going through this move. It cannot be easy to move with small children. I wish you well and am dismayed that your stay with us was not satisfactory. Inspections of all vacant guest rooms are conducted daily by our hotel’s general manager, and weekly by our Vice President of Operations to make sure situations like this do not occur.