Hampton Inn & Suites Norfolk-Airport
US$195
US$160
La Quinta Inn & Suites Norfolk Airport(Norfolk)(Great Value!)
US$101
US$116
US$113
US$173
  • Pool
All reviewsnorfolk airportfront deskrental carroom was cleanindoor poolshort drivecomplimentary breakfastmilitary highwayshuttle servicethe breakfast areaconvenient locationbusiness tripnice hotelwould stay againwould highly recommend this hotelnext morningenjoyed my stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 August 2012

I prefer Hampton Inns to just about any other chain. Every time I go to Norfolk, I try to stay here. Great staff, rooms are clean and comfortable. The breakfast has good variety. The pool is a great asset for relaxing after a long day. Even though the hotel is right next to an office park, highway and major roads, it is quiet.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Susan L
Reviewed 9 August 2012

The staff was nice, room was clean. I paid 169.00 and I expected it to be more than average. Other htels in the area just as nice were less. I am a travel agent and I see and stay at many hotels. My stay was simply OK.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank cindy s
Reviewed 16 July 2012

I've stayed here a few times and it has always been a pleasant experience! Great location near the airport, near shopping and restaurants. Rooms were updated and clean. Internet was fast. Staff was nice and polite. Breakfast was ok. I do have to say the breakfast is always just ok at Hampton Inn. I stay there often ( at different locations) and they are always just ok. For the price I say it was/is a good deal.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank tanyaro
Reviewed 29 June 2012

Have stayed here roughly 5 times and have always had a good experience. I find the rooms to always be clean and the location is very close to JANAF, which has a lot of shops and restuarants. Breakfast is consistent within the expectation of the Hampton brand, which I find comforting.

Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 June 2012

Hampton Inns, for me have been pretty consistent, mediocre but steadily so. On this stay I learned that an overbooking situation can mean the last person to the hotel gets the shaft! I showed up at 11:10 PM from the airport to a highly stressed night manager who explained that the hotel was overbooked (by the national chain) and that they would find me a room elsewhere in town - like 10 miles away - elsewhere. I told them that would work for me as I had no car and was riding to meetings with two other guests. Amazingly a room became available and I rolled up to the 2nd floor and barged into a room full of former NFL linebacker sized Law Enforcement types that were less than pleased to see me. I quickly retreated and exfiled to the desk. The poor traumatized Night Manager didn’t really get that I could have been beaten senseless and gave me a card to the "Last Worst Room" - a smoking room on the fourth floor. After checking it out for 30 seconds I told them I would rather not have to burn my clothes after sleeping there and struck out on my own. I ended up paying for a night in a Candlewood Suites down the road - super nice folks there.
I returned the next day, as I still had to ride with the other guys to work, thinking I might get some royalty treatment as surely my story had been passed forward to the day shift. The frosty attitude at the desk was disappointing but they said I would get a room. Returned after work and was awarded Room 112 – it is 30 feet from a 6 lane street but that doesn’t matter because the AC is so loud that you can’t hear the traffic - as a bonus, when the AC shuts off, some machine that sounds like it is shredding aluminum cans is next door to make sure you can’t hear the traffic. And there is no hot water in the sink – nice…..
I’m not sure what’s up with Hampton Inns – lately they seem to be going downhill - I am crossing this one off the list and I advise you to stay in the Hilton next door if you can.

Room Tip: Dont take any rooms on the first floor by the pool or any on the fist floor near the street or any on the forth floor that have been smoked in (unless you like that sort of thing).
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business