Hampton Inn & Suites Norfolk-Airport
US$195
US$160
La Quinta Inn & Suites Norfolk Airport(Norfolk)(Great Value!)
US$101
US$116
US$113
US$173
  • Pool
All reviewsnorfolk airportfront deskrental carroom was cleanindoor poolshort drivecomplimentary breakfastmilitary highwayshuttle servicethe breakfast areaconvenient locationbusiness tripnice hotelwould stay againwould highly recommend this hotelnext morningenjoyed my stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 December 2012

I stayed here the first week in December on business. I've never been to this Hampton and was not disappointed. It's in a convenient location right off I-64 and Military Highway/US13. It shares part of its parking lot with the Hilton next door and as a result there is more than ample parking available.

The staff are friendly and efficient. The rooms are standard Hampton but lack mini-fridges. When I'm staying for more than one night, it's most helpful to have that fridge as I like to keep fruit and juice at hand in my room. I assume each Hampton franchisee has the option as to whether or not to place them in the rooms as I've encountered several Hamptons over the years without the fridges. Otherwise, everything was crisp, clean and fresh. I will return.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 December 2012

Convenient to I64 and airport. Rude night check in clerk, but all other staff I met were very friendly. Even numbered rooms face a very busy street. I'm not a light sleeper, and it still woke me up several times and morning traffic was busy and fast even on saturday morning. Try to get an odd numbered room if this is a concern.

Room Tip: Odd numbered rooms should be quieter.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 November 2012

This really is somewhere between 3 and 4 "Circle" hotel. But this Hampton Inn does enough of the little stuff right to warrant a Very Good rating.
The bedding is very nice, and a placard says that the duvet covers and sheets are washed before every stay, which - I admit - I appreciated: I sometimes wonder about that. The mattress was very comfortable, and the room was...roomy. Everything was clean.
The staff was very friendly, especially the woman tending the morning breakfast bar, which is included for free. The breakfast was better than the usual free breakfasts I have had at other places. Check in was fast and efficient on Thanksgiving Eve. The shuttle from the airport was quick. Internet was complimentary.
Two things to nit-pick: First, the room was definitely on the older side. There was a gouge in the wall, and the ugly gold wallpaper in the bathroom showed its age. In addition, the king bed FACED the window, so you have to really work to shut the drapes to keep the bright VA morning sunshine out of your eyes.
Overall, I was satisfied. My aunt used her Hilton points to book me this room for $56, which is a very good deal.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 November 2012

We always sleep well at Hampton Inns and appreciate the size of the bedroom and bathroom.

We always enjoy the complimentary breakfast as well - but this time it fell short of the usual quality. I think that the staff working in the breakfast area was not really focused on keeping it stocked and picked up. They had friends eating in the area and weren't really being professional about attending to their job. The oatmeal bins were low or out. One of the coffee pots was empty. The coffee trash was overflowing.

The other Norfolk Hampton Inn also had staff that seemed to act like it was their personal hangout rather than attending to their job duties. There were friends of staff hanging out in the lobby and on the computer.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 November 2012

I alway try to stay here when doing business. The location is perfect, close to the airport and the main freeways, makes it easy to get around quickly. The staff has always been professional and the breakfast is excellent. The rooms are clean and the internet service is alway working and stable. I would recommend this to anyone doing business.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business