“Top Choice”

Hampton Inn & Suites Norfolk-Airport
Ranked #1 of 37 Hotels in Norfolk
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 9 April 2013

Extremely comfortable room for family of four, no tripping or climbing over each other. Beds/pillows/bedding heavenly! Quiet. Breakfast was exceptional, no settling here. Great selection, quantity and fresh. Staff very accomodating and attentive.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn & Suites Norfolk-Airport

Reviewed 8 April 2013

Bathroom was very small but our averall stay was very good. not a bad hotel for the price. We family and I were only there for one night. but we would have been happier to have stayed longer. The hotel is very close to the beautiful downtown Norfolk and the "Leaping Lizard Cafe" that was featured on Diners, Drive-ins and Dives.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Bryan K, Front Desk Supervisor at Hampton Inn & Suites Norfolk-Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2013

Thank you very much for your review! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We take a lot of pride in our Hampton Inn and Suites and getting feedback like this charges up our commitment to constantly improve. Our team here at the Hampton really strives to help our guests enjoy their stay and have a great experience. We have a great location for the Norfolk area as well as being really close to the Oceanfront. Thank you so much makes the team here know we are making people happy… I hope we see you soon

Reviewed 22 March 2013

This is near the airport. I dropped my husband and kids off at hotel about 9:30 pm to get checked in to hotel while I go return the rental car to the airport. The hotel sent a great guy driving the shuttle to pick me up and he was so nice and concerned whether I had been waiting long (only waited about 2-3 minutes). The room was clean and the employees were so friendly and caring. The breakfast was great. Once again, the shuttle back to airport in the am for our flight out was great and convenient. Hampton Inn's are tyically spot on dependable!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Bryan K, Front Desk Supervisor at Hampton Inn & Suites Norfolk-Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2013

Thank you very much for your review! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We take a lot of pride in providing the best possible service and maintaining the high Hampton standard you have come to expect. Our team here at the Hampton really strives to help our guests enjoy their stay and have a great experience. It’s so nice to know we provided you the service you deserve and we look forward to having you here again. My sincerest thanks for the review and your appreciation...

Reviewed 15 March 2013

This hotel was clean and well appointed.
I had an issue at check in with the toilet in my room. -- It was fixed immediately.
The staff were very pleasant.
There was a night employee on when I left at 4:30 am for my flight...I think his name was Charles.
He was extremely nice and made me feel like my business was very much apprecitated.
The water pressure was good and the heat and a/c worked great.
Thanks...I would definitely return to this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Bryan K, employee at Hampton Inn & Suites Norfolk-Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2013

Thank you very much for your review! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us . We pride ourselves on providing exceptional service from our shuttles drivers to our Front desk staff and all our team here at the Hampton Inn and Suites Norfolk airport. Your feedback is so important to us so we can use it to improve our service and reward our team for great service. Thank you again and we are looking forward to having you here again!!!

Reviewed 11 March 2013 via mobile

I really don't have any complaints about my 4 day stay for business other than the housekeeper took my do not disturb sign after I left on my door knob.

The service at the front desk was exceptional. Jaden the day manager was great. The hotel allowed me to use their shuttle bus later in the day after I already had checked out. The breakfast was as to be expected for a free hot breakfast. It did the job without having to worry about finding another place or adding to my budget. The breakfast attendant was very friendly.

There was a lot of traffic outside my room because of the location, but it died down at the end of the night. Very roomy and clean. I would stay again.

• Stayed: March 2013
Jadon N, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Norfolk-Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2013

Thank you very much for your review! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us overall. I am sorry about the do not disturb sign being removed from your door. I will make sure that we review this with our housekeeping staff in order to prevent this from occurring again. I am pleased that you found our breakfast experience satisfactory. I know it helps having such a convenience in the morning. I also appreciate your feedback on my own service; I am happy to have been able to help you. And should you find that your travel plans bring you back to our hotel, please reach out to me or to our hotel staff. We would be more than happy to find you a room away from that pesky traffic. Thank you again!

-Jadon Naas

Reviewed 11 March 2013

From the first weekend that they opened to now, I have enjoyed my stay here. When I am in the area this is my favorite place to stay. Easy access to the highway. comfortable beds, sizeable rooms, good breakfast and very quiet.

Room Tip: 3rd floor is great
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
Richard M, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Norfolk-Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2013

Thank you for your continued business over the years. While I am new to the property I love to hear from our guests who continue to stay with us. It sounds like we are have been exceeding your expectations and I will strive to continue that in the future. Please let me know if there is anything we can do to make your stay great in the future. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Thanks again! -Richard Murphy

Reviewed 8 March 2013

Excellent Hotel. Staff were very courteous and friendly. Beds were comfortable. Front desk clerk was very enthusastic. Complimentary Breakfast staff was very helpful and friendly. Would loved to have had some scrambled eggs with cheese and bacon. Did not care for the western omelet.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family

Thank you so much for taking the time to submit such a positive review! We sincerely appreciate your business and I’m glad that everything went so well for you. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to further assist. We truly look forward to serving your corporate and personal travel needs again in the future. I regret to here you were disappointed with your omelet. We vary our selection daily, but let me know when you are in town next; I will try to make it a scrambled egg and bacon day.
Thanks again! -Richard Murphy