“Nice property over all”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Glen Ridge
“Nice property over all”
Reviewed 15 January 2014

The room was nice and spacious. The heater was loud and the fan was pretty powerful so you couldn't stand near it. The toilet kept making noise and it was weird having the sink in the room instead of the bathroom. That would have been inconvenient if there was more than just me in the room. The wet bar area was very nice with a sink, fridge, coffee maker and microwave.

The breakfast was standard Hampton Inn (which is a good thing). The location was great to the office I was going to. The staff was very accommodating. Overall a nice stay.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank ahbaggins
Bryan K, Front Desk Supervisor at Hampton Inn & Suites Norfolk-Airport, responded to this review, 17 February 2014
Thank you for staying with us. We love that you enjoyed your stay with us. I see you did have some minor issues and please let us know if you can and we will work to get them resolved as quickly as possible. We pride ourselves on making your stay and all our guests as happy and relaxed as possible. Your comments make us a better hotel and we appreciate the time and effort you put in to help make us better. I hope we see you soon and have a great Spring!!!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Eatontown, United States
Reviewed 15 January 2014

Overall I had a good experience. The only issue I have is with the internet, but its that way at most hotels. I will stay here again and as usual bring my own WIFI. The rooms are clean and updated, the TV could be a little bigger though, only a 32". Its hard to see from across the room.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Cliff H
Thank you so much for your kind comments. We love to provide a great experience at the Hampton Inn and Suites Norfolk airport and I am so happy we provided the service you should expect and deserve. The management and team here know you have many options in the area for hotels and we are so happy you have chosen us as your home away from home when in the Norfolk area. We do have a great location and a lovely hotel to relax or conduct your business. We are currently working on a new internet provider which we hope will correct the problem you experienced. We hope to see you soon
Fayetteville, United States
Reviewed 7 January 2014

I had a great service at this hotel the for the new years with my family. The front desk Nicole check me in right away since I had my hands full with my two children. The only thing that was a issue with me is that the breakfast host was not so helpful when I ask to use a sink to wash my 10month old daughter bottles out. However Kevin a houseman help me later on. Beside that everything was awsome!!!We will come back to that hotel again

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Bryan K, Front Desk Supervisor at Hampton Inn & Suites Norfolk-Airport, responded to this review, 12 January 2014
I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I do remember you and your family... I want to thank you for staying with us I know hotels can be costly and we are grateful to you for making us your choice for your hard earned dollars. We are lucky here to have such a fine team members like Nicole and Kevin in our hotel truly two kinder individuals can not be found. We try very hard to make sure people get what they need and deserve and more. We hope when you do come to the area again you make us your first and last choice. God Bless and the happiest wishes for your New Year !!!
Virginia, United States
Reviewed 19 December 2013

From the moment we checked in every thing was great. They allowed early check in, we had cookies, the staff was pleasant and helpful with directions and any other questions we had. Convenient to the airport and bus where we had to pick up other family members for our family celebration weekend. Would definitely recommend this hotel if you are in the Norfolk area.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Bryan K, Front Desk Supervisor at Hampton Inn & Suites Norfolk-Airport, responded to this review, 28 December 2013
Thank you and we all remember you and your family. We are glad you choose us for your family celebration. We do enjoy giving you and yours the best we can, I have to say it was a real pleasure to have you here you were such a nice fun family made it enjoyable for us as well. The Hampton Inn and Suites has many wonderful amenities for groups, families and solo business travelers. Our wonderful pool, fitness center, business center and of course the wonderful On the House Breakfast. All our amenities and great location make us a sure thing for a great stay in the Hampton Roads area. Thank you again
Jacksonville, FL, United States
Reviewed 18 December 2013

Had a nice time staying at the Hampton Inn and Suites at the Norfolk, VA airport. The food was nice, the accommodations lovely, and the staff were kind. The heater in my room did not work though. Set the thermostat to 74 and the unit blew cold air. I slept in my clothes that night. I told the management the next day. I don't know if the problem was resolved.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you so much for your kind comments. We love to provide a great experience at the Hampton Inn and Suites Norfolk airport and I am so happy we provided the service you should expect and deserve. The heat problem was investigated and resolved immediately. Please call us next time and we will be happy to move you to new room. The management and team here know you have many options in the area for hotels and take our responsibility of provide a safe, clean and problem free stay very seriously. I know sometimes you may think it’s too much trouble to get a problem fixed and take too long, but I do want to assure you we will do all possible as quickly as we can to resolve any issues you may have. Thank you again. I hope we see you soon and I will make sure you have a warm cozy room.
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 7 December 2013

As a Diamond HHonors I am sleeping in Hilton family hotels almost as much as my own bed. I choose to continue to stay Hilton family because I like not being surprised after a long day of travels. I came in late after landing at nearby airport, picked up my rental car, and walked into check-in telling the night desk clerk my last name. When she looked for my reservation she told me that no rooms were left and she was unsure what was going on. She continued to look into it and said the only room we have just had the carpet cleaned and had fans set up and that she cold ask the night maintenance to get the room ready. Again - the main reason I continue to stay in HHonors properties is that I sure don't want a surprise when checking in and even an occasional upgrade.
The room itself was fine, carpet just a little damp.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Hortkie
Bryan K, Front Desk Supervisor at Hampton Inn & Suites Norfolk-Airport, responded to this review, 8 December 2013
I am so sorry for your difficulties and the trouble you had at check in. We will investigate where the disconnect happened and make sure we take measures to prevent it from happening in the future. I do want to ensure you we do treat our Hilton Honors members with the utmost care and attention. This was an anomaly as you can see by our reviews here on this site. I hope we can make this up to you in the future. Please feel free to call the Hotel and Speak to a manager or myself (Bryan) and we will handle your reservations personally. I want express our sincere regrets to add any stress or discomfort during your travels we know being on the road is trying enough. I hope you give an opportunity to show our true “Hamptonality” in a future stay. Thank you for your support of Hilton Hotels and have a wonderful Holiday Season.
Rapid City, South Dakota
Reviewed 5 December 2013

This is a hard one to label with a rating. The room was nice, and the cleaning staff was nice. The night clerk refunded the entire room price. The problem was bigger than the money issue in my estimation.
When we opened the fold-out couch, there was mouse poop all over the sheets. We later pulled out the bar fridge and found lots more mouse poop. I can't imagine one mouse causing the mess we found, or, more importantly that there would be mice in only one room.
The night maid was very kind and seemed to be as disturbed by the problem as I was. The desk clerk offered us a new room (only smoking rooms were available), so we declined and just asked the problem to be cleaned up. She refunded our room price and apologized.
I hope that pest control and a more diligent daytime cleaning staff will be brought in to rectify the problems there.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Bryan K, Front Desk Supervisor at Hampton Inn & Suites Norfolk-Airport, responded to this review, 14 December 2013
I am so sorry that you had to experience a problem like this. If you look at our review history you will see that our hotel is very clean and takes great care and pride making sure we provide a safe, clean and wonderful experience for our guests. We do have an extensive pest management system in place to ensure that we do not have problems like this and to prevent any kind of pest problem. We have taken strong measures to ensure this was an isolated incident the room was quarantined and inspected thoroughly to make sure the problem was eliminated. We have also conducted additional training for the housekeeping staff. I hope this alleviates your concerns and my sincere regrets for the unfortunate occurrence. I hope you will give us another chance to show you what a great Hotel we truly are.